Options

Verizon Wireless is kind of being a dick

Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I've been using mobile AIM a bit over my phone, and my bill is suddenly $180. I normally pay $60 and get 500 outgoing and unlimited in. I checked the records, and it's showing many, many incoming through mobile AIM even when I know there weren't any.

They're offering me a $40 credit now. Am I going to actually have to pay an extra $80 just for being logged into AIM over my phone.

edit: so I talked him up to a $100 credit. Apparently they're required to give you $20 more each time they put you on hold or something. Alas, I couldn't get the last $20. That's still pretty shitty. I could be spending the $20 on something else. Should I pursue this further? I mean, it's incredibly obvious all of the extra messages were just AIM checking to see who was online/for new messages.

Mai-Kero on

• Options
    joshuadewaaljoshuadewaal Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Consider yourself lucky you got away with what you did. the problem with AIM on the phone is any response or message is considered a text so they add up fast.

And consider yourself lucky you aren't with Cingular/AT&T. They won't give you any credit for anything.

I personally am with T-Mobile, and they are considered to have the best customer service, out of the three major wireless carriers.

joshuadewaal on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Consider yourself lucky you got away with what you did. the problem with AIM on the phone is any response or message is considered a text so they add up fast.

Most of the plans that my friends are on clearly differentiate between AIM and standard text messaging. They all specify that AIM is unlimited, while you will get charged if you go over the alloted SMS limit for your plan.

It's disturbing that his carrier wasn't clear on that (or shame on him for not paying attention).

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru