As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Swollen tonsils remedies

plantersplanters Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I've had a sore throat with phlegm for about a week, it started getting a little better until today when I was screaming a lot, and I chewed on some ice which made it a lot worse. And now my tonsils feel like the size of baseballs and it hurts like a whore everytime I swallow. Anyone got suggestions?

planters on

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Whenever i have a sore throat i like to drink a lemon honey tea. I use a herba tea and add half a lemon (juiced) and 2 teaspoons of honey.

romanqwerty on
  • RaereRaere Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Try gargling some warm salt water. It reduces swelling in gums, I would assume it would help tonsils as well. Don't quote me on that, though. If it hurts, stop it.

Raere on
    Raere.png
  • TrippyDKTrippyDK Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Raere has got it right. Thats basically the only way to really help. You can get losenges, but be careful with them. When i was little I'd eat em like candy, and with a throat already full of phlegm, Id wake up unable to breathe.

TrippyDK on
  • FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Use Listerine for gargling once or twice a day, this will help with the infection. You should see a doctor, infections in that area can affect the heart in the long term if there is fever.

Fantasma on
    Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!
  • FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    By the way, here is some info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strep_throat

Fantasma on
    Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!
  • plantersplanters Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Seeing a doctor wouldn't be that easy right now.
    So I'm guessing I'll try the salt water thing, I know that helped me when I had a toothache.

I tried the tea thing cause my mom told me about it too, it kinda worked.

planters on