As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Band of Bugs XBLA, any impressions?

solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Games and Technology
No fancy OP, sorry. Downloaded and played through some of the tutorials last night. Seems like it has potential for SRPG. I don't really care for the bug theme but it has standard fare isometric SRPG mechanics similar to the other tactic games.

Has anyone tried this? It supposedly has 20 main missions, bunch of side missions as well. The main draw to me is the ability to play user created maps and levels. There's alot of games coming out on live that I want, help me decide on where to spend my $10.

solsovly on

• Options
    PeekingDuckPeekingDuck __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    I guess you got your impression. :)

PeekingDuck on
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I bought it a few days ago, and nearly played through it. It's decent, though the online feature isn't too great. Lack of customizable features in the game bothered me alot. AI's really not too smart.
    Overall decent and great for a SRPG fix, but it's only a temp fix. Not a lot of game there.

Varega on
    League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I was primed to buy it but when I found out you couldn't actually customize your party my heart was broken. I couldn't get a straight answer on the number of unit types either.

The gameplay, however, is top notch. I'm hoping they will add some DLC since it is burning up the XBLA charts right now.

FreddyD on