As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

KoL anyone?

KoolAidManKoolAidMan Registered User new member
edited May 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
Kingdom of Loathing. The single most hilarious game I have ever played. Granted, it's text based, and the graphics are no more then stick figures, but I love it all the same. Now, my user is Jackalope7(#1096360). Post here if you already play this game, and feel free to join it. It's not for everyone, but who knows.

KoolAidMan on

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I've got an account. Name's Oatway (#563695).

Awesome game. I absolutely love it.

Oats on
  • Options
    supertallsupertall Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    There's a PA guild, (called Penny Arcade, oddly enough ;)), but there's only about a dozen people in the guild, and no ones very active. Everyone started doing hardcore and oxy runs, which puts a damper on things.

I'm looking forward to the new content, I'm at level 9 after burning turns in the gym. I'm Jordaru.

supertall on
  • Options
    DeswaDeswa Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    supertall wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the new content
    What new content?

Deswa on
    gobassgo wrote:
    "It ain't rape, it's surprise sex!"
    wii : 3788 3264 2419 8070
  • Options
    supertallsupertall Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    They're calling it "NS13". I guess they've added two more quests from the Council, so now you have to be 13 to start in on the Naughty Sorceress. I think they've also added some stuff for the other levels as well, but I've been trying to avoid spoiling it for myself so I can't say for sure.

supertall on
  • Options
    KoolAidManKoolAidMan Registered User new member
    edited July 2007
    Sorry to burst your bubbles, NS13 already happened. I'm currently in the middle of a HC run, adn making almost no progress. Whatever, I'll ascend soon enough.

KoolAidMan on
  • Options
    MosaabMosaab Registered User new member
    edited July 2007
    I thought you were talking about Knight Online.

Mosaab on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    supertall wrote: »
    They're calling it "NS13". I guess they've added two more quests from the Council, so now you have to be 13 to start in on the Naughty Sorceress. I think they've also added some stuff for the other levels as well, but I've been trying to avoid spoiling it for myself so I can't say for sure.

The new level 11 quest is massive. It's insane. And the level 12 quest is quite fun.

Oats on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    I've been playing for a little more than a year, have a little more than 2 million meat, and had just started an ascension when NS13 started. I figured I'd rather do 600 turns with restrictions than 1000.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    zacharyzachary Creative Developer Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hmmm... this thread seems mostly dead, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Kingdom of Loathing is hilarious and amazing. I used to play quite a bit but A) you get a limited number of time to play each day and 2) THEY SHUT THE SERVER DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE EVERY NIGHT RIGHT WHEN I WANT TO PLAY THE DAMN GAME!!!!!

Seriously, I'd still be playing this game all the time if it wasn't for it being shut down from like 10pm-1am. I mean, how can you not like a game with ninja snowmen that also lets you make your own spicy burritos and mix your own potent cocktails and slam beers?

Their tshirts are rad, also.

I think my guild booted me for being inactive. sad.

Anyone out there care to pick up the KoL discussion?

zachary on