As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HDMI device initialization

freshmasterfreshfreshmasterfresh Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Games and Technology
For my birthday, I bought a Samsung DVD-HD870 HDMI upconverting DVD player along with my Samsung LN-T2653H LCD. After waiting for a reasonably priced HDMI cable to arrive from an online retailer, I discovered the DVD player does not seem to output a signal unless the TV is turned on before the DVD player. I've tried manually setting the DVD player's resolution and progressive scan modes, but the only way I can get it to work if the DVD player starts up first is with the HDMI Sel. button, which. One of the reasons I bought the Samsung DVD player in the first place was so that I could use one remote without hassle, but the HDMI Sel. button only exists on the DVD player's remote.

Is it normal for an HDMI source to not work unless the display is turned on first?

happysig.png
freshmasterfresh on

• Options
    cemetery mancemetery man Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Maybe it just takes a few to show up. When I select my cable box which is HDMI it takes up to 1min for image to show up.. dunno why though. Are you hearing audio?

cemetery man on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Nope. If the TV isn't on before the DVD player, all I get is a blue screen. Normally a no-signal screen is black.

freshmasterfresh on
    happysig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    God damnit, I just found out that I can't even let the DVD player boot up while I'm using another input on the TV; I have to actually watch the fucking thing turn on if I want to get a picture or sound >_<

Seriously, this DVD player is retarded. It must default to composite out, because even before the HDMI cable arrived I would have to press the Video Sel. button if I wanted to get any sort of signal from the component out. THERE IS ONLY ONE MOTHERFUCKING OUTPUT CONNECTED TO ANYTHING! WHAT THE FUCK, SAMSUNG!?

freshmasterfresh on
    happysig.png