Options

This [chat] just got real!

1434445464749»

Posts

  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    saint2e wrote: »
    stilist wrote: »
    saint2e wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I think when those religious threads hit ten pages, I'm going to merge them and watch the hilarity ensue.
    I'll get to work on bringing them both to the same general topic.
    It’s more fun when they’re completely unrelated.

    My goal is to make them related on a totally different topic.

    So far I'm leaning towards subtlely getting the conversation about toothpaste.

    Anyone got a better topic?

    Thread assassination isn't really kosher. I was just going to merge them at the point when they'd otherwise be locked.

    haha, I know I'm just playin'.

    saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ...you know, ElJeffe, at the 30-posts-a-page setting I've got, combined, the two threads reach page 12.

    Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    saint2e wrote: »
    stilist wrote: »
    saint2e wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I think when those religious threads hit ten pages, I'm going to merge them and watch the hilarity ensue.
    I'll get to work on bringing them both to the same general topic.
    It’s more fun when they’re completely unrelated.

    My goal is to make them related on a totally different topic.

    So far I'm leaning towards subtlely getting the conversation about toothpaste.

    Anyone got a better topic?

    Thread assassination isn't really kosher. I was just going to merge them at the point when they'd otherwise be locked.

    But wouldn't it be less of an assassination and more of a mercy killing?

    AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Alright, that bastardization of a Supernatural thread that I started is an indicator to me that I need sleep.

    Night all.

    saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited July 2007
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    Well, hell, why not merge them now? Why wait for the payoff?

    I like how you think.

    ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Leitner, your av is way better.

    James on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Why the fuck is there dance number in the Return of the Jedi special edition?

    What the fuck is wrong with you, George Lucas

    Fucking Christ

    Elendil on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    AND NOW, ANOTHER EDITION OF 'THINGS MTVCDM THINKS ABOUT DURING 3RD SHIFT AT 4 IN THE FUCKING MORNING':

    So you know how some riders have to abandon bike races likemthe Tour de france ofr whatever reason? Injury, miss a time limit, whatever? If you were to get together something like 10,000 riders and send them off on an endless bike race, how many stages would it take to whittle the field to one rider?

    Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    oh gof the ice cream is just sitting somewhere nearby, playing ‘Turkey in the Straw’ endlessly.

    stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    Why the fuck is there dance number in the Return of the Jedi special edition?

    What the fuck is wrong with you, George Lucas

    Fucking Christ

    Savages enjoy dancing around the fire?

    It's not like they're breaking out in song. Unless there's some special special edition I don't know about.

    James on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    thank god, he’s finally moving

    stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    stilist wrote: »
    thank god, he’s finally moving

    erectile difficulties?

    Al_wat on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    James wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Why the fuck is there dance number in the Return of the Jedi special edition?

    What the fuck is wrong with you, George Lucas

    Fucking Christ

    Savages enjoy dancing around the fire?

    It's not like they're breaking out in song. Unless there's some special special edition I don't know about.
    Some retarded shit in Jabba's Palace

    I honestly think goatse troubled me less

    Elendil on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Why the fuck is there dance number in the Return of the Jedi special edition?

    What the fuck is wrong with you, George Lucas

    Fucking Christ

    Savages enjoy dancing around the fire?

    It's not like they're breaking out in song. Unless there's some special special edition I don't know about.
    Some retarded shit in Jabba's Palace

    I honestly think goatse troubled me less

    Oh, that. Goddamn, I forgot about that.

    James on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    God dammit Verizon is a shitty company

    Sami on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    James wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Why the fuck is there dance number in the Return of the Jedi special edition?

    What the fuck is wrong with you, George Lucas

    Fucking Christ

    Savages enjoy dancing around the fire?

    It's not like they're breaking out in song. Unless there's some special special edition I don't know about.
    Some retarded shit in Jabba's Palace

    I honestly think goatse troubled me less

    Oh, that. Goddamn, I forgot about that.
    I can understand why, as it's the worst fucking thing ever. RotJ is the only special edition I hadn't seen, so this was like a punch in the balls.

    With brass knuckles.

    I know it's a little late to be pissed off, but man

    Elendil on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Why the fuck is there dance number in the Return of the Jedi special edition?

    What the fuck is wrong with you, George Lucas

    Fucking Christ

    Savages enjoy dancing around the fire?

    It's not like they're breaking out in song. Unless there's some special special edition I don't know about.
    Some retarded shit in Jabba's Palace

    I honestly think goatse troubled me less

    Oh, that. Goddamn, I forgot about that.
    I can understand why, as it's the worst fucking thing ever. RotJ is the only special edition I hadn't seen, so this was like a punch in the balls.

    With brass knuckles.

    I know it's a little late to be pissed off, but man

    Just wait for the Natalie Portman flashbacks in the super special edition!

    James on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    See? That's the kind of power she has.

    James on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    James wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Why the fuck is there dance number in the Return of the Jedi special edition?

    What the fuck is wrong with you, George Lucas

    Fucking Christ

    Savages enjoy dancing around the fire?

    It's not like they're breaking out in song. Unless there's some special special edition I don't know about.
    Some retarded shit in Jabba's Palace

    I honestly think goatse troubled me less

    Oh, that. Goddamn, I forgot about that.
    I can understand why, as it's the worst fucking thing ever. RotJ is the only special edition I hadn't seen, so this was like a punch in the balls.

    With brass knuckles.

    I know it's a little late to be pissed off, but man

    Just wait for the Natalie Portman flashbacks in the super special edition!
    Right after Leia tells Luke that she remembers her mother, it cuts to a musical montage of Portman in the prequel trilogy, culminating in the birth scene where she names Leia in the end of RotS.

    Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited July 2007
    19991229h.jpg

    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited July 2007
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    AND NOW, ANOTHER EDITION OF 'THINGS MTVCDM THINKS ABOUT DURING 3RD SHIFT AT 4 IN THE FUCKING MORNING':

    So you know how some riders have to abandon bike races likemthe Tour de france ofr whatever reason? Injury, miss a time limit, whatever? If you were to get together something like 10,000 riders and send them off on an endless bike race, how many stages would it take to whittle the field to one rider?

    exponential decay.

    so

    Y = Xe^(kt)
    t = (1/k)*ln(Y/X)

    where:

    Y = 1
    X = 10,000
    k = time constant (attrition rate)
    t = time

    you can roughly calculate k by looking at a typical race and noting the time (t1) from start-time that the first guy dropped out. And then solving the equation for k:

    k = (1/t1)*ln(1-(1/X))

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited July 2007
    So slow.

    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.