As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My Art blog with videogame fan art

artsirartsir Registered User new member
edited July 2007 in Artist's Corner
I been posting alot of videogame fan art lately on my blog. I was thinking of trying to compile my own book of videogame fan art and try to sell it.

Anyway here it is

http://artsir.blogspot.com/

Hopefully you guys can check it out. And I hope gabe can check it out and i'm a big fan of his art. Obviously, thats why i'm here.

artsir on

• Options
    JWashkeJWashke Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Gabe doesn't check the forums, and it would be better if you actually displayed images rather then just linking your blog, right now your just sitewhoring and this will most likely be locked.

JWashke on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I think you need to chill out. i dont know how to put images in a post. And I drew like 8 peices. I think its more convient just to provide a link.

And i dont see how this is illegal, i'm not trying to sell anything, just wanted to show my work. Which I thought was the point.

artsir on
  • Options
    JWashkeJWashke Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I don't think I need to chill out, I wasn't angry, I was just informing you that your post will probably be locked if you don't make some changes.
    You use the image tags yourimageURLhere to put an image in your post, however you can't do that with pics on Blogger so you would have to upload them to somewhere else such as Photobucket or Imageshack.

Its not illegal but its against the rules, you know, the ones at the top of the forums that say read before anything in all caps.
    7 ) No Site-Whoring
    Site-whoring, plugging, or advertising of your personal website, product, or webcomic any kind will not be tolerated.
    You could just put a couple of the images up and then post a link saying hey if you want to see more go here or something. As it is you signed up 5 minutes ago and made one post saying Hey come look at my site with a link. That's pretty much the definition of site whoring. However I do like some of your stuff and would like to see you stick around. Read the rules first though.

JWashke on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    artsir wrote: »
    I think you need to chill out. i dont know how to put images in a post.

:lol:

better find out if you don't want this to get locked

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well it would have just slipped into obscurity if you hadn't resurrected it Kewop!

Lly on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    Everybody just chill out.

CHILL OUT!!!
    :x

So, what you've been told isn't wrong. Coming in and saying "Hey, there's nothing here but come look at the art on my site!" is what we in "the biz" refer to as "site whoring" and it's against the forum rules. Either post some images in this thread so that people can view them and comment or it will be locked.

DMAC on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I see that there are alot of keyboard warriors over here. I think gamefaqs has nicer nerds.

I dont see myself going to a imagehosting site, reuploading them just because you guys can't click a link.
    So i guess i wont be posting here which is not a problem. Later

artsir on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    Hmmmm.... right click...copy image location...

sonic.web.jpg

Heh. I guess blogspot doesn't allow hotlinking on other sites. Either that or you need to modify your htaccess doc. In anycase, posting on forums isn't about being convenient for you. It's about allowing others to conveniently view your work. We're not here to gawk at your pictures and pat you on the back. This community is here to provide help to those who want to become better artists. Clearly, you are only interested in showing off what you think is worth while for us to look at. I appreciate your frustration but I don't think you quite understand the dynamic of this particular forum. Feel free to post actual images in this forum or ask for help in making your site more appealing. However, since you have expressed that you don't wish to post here, I'm going to lock this up.

Grifter on
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    artsir, we are nice enough if you bother to follow the rules here, and usually at least lurk a bit to see how things go around here. We do things in a particular way around here and have done so for ages, and I think it's reasonable to expect newcomers to respect that and make the effort to fit in.

Lly on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    I want to be a keyboard warrior.

DMAC on
This discussion has been closed.