As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Video Card issue

CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So, I just installed a new video card on my computer. Basically, it displays correctly for about 2-3 minutes, and then the monitor goes into power saving mode, with no way of bringing it back out. I don't think it's the monitor, as I've hooked it up to another computer, and it works just fine. So...help please.

CJTheran on

• Options
    FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Download the latest drivers, uninstall current drivers, install new drivers.

If the above instructions cannot fix the problem, maybe your power supply is unable to provide enough voltage to the card.

Fantasma on
    Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!
  • Options
    CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    After dabbling about for a while, I've come to the conclusion that there is in fact some driver issue, but uninstalling old drivers and installing the newest ones does absolutely nothing, as I keep having the same issue where the screen blanks out after 2-3 minutes.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It would be good idea to remove the old drivers from the registry and the system32 folder, but be careful, if you don't know how to do this, just don't do it.

You may try an application called RegCleaner.

Fantasma on
    Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    - Make sure you've connected any additional power connectors to the card
    - Make sure it really is seated firmly
    - Check the surface temperature of the card
    - Check the ports on the back of the card for looseness, etc

devoir on
  • Options
    Eat_FireEat_Fire Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    are you using an LCD monitor?