As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

GODDAMNED MOTHER FUCKING FOX NEWS

• Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Dumb Hero wrote: »
    while they are being douchebags and trying to nail it on Mr. Rogers

I agree to an extent about how the "You're Special" type self esteem programs that were taught in school (elementary) have led to kids believing they're entitled to things rather than feeling the need to excel or work hard for their goals.

Hell, most don't have any goals beyond, say, The Biggest Truck, or Fuck A Lot of Chicks. (citing examples from my own personal daily experience)

They taught kids to think highly of themselves, but forgot to teach them humility and to hold respect for others in positions higher than their own.

i will talk more about this when it's not three in the damn morning

i see this a lot in my younger siblings. pisses me off something fierce.

i'm sure i was the exact same way

the wook on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Also Mr. Rogers was one of the nicest men to ever exist period he did so much to help people and children.

Fuck those assholes on FOX.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    my little brother is shaping up

i have pretty much lost hope on my sister

Kovak on
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

I agree to an extent about how the "You're Special" type self esteem programs that were taught in school (elementary) have led to kids believing they're entitled to things rather than feeling the need to excel or work hard for their goals.

Hell, most don't have any goals beyond, say, The Biggest Truck, or Fuck A Lot of Chicks. (citing examples from my own personal daily experience)

They taught kids to think highly of themselves, but forgot to teach them humility and to hold respect for others in positions higher than their own.

Yeah, I've noticed this too. It's like they told us to have high self-esteem but not WHY or what to base it on. Hence, we have legions of little white kids dressed like rappers walking around all cocky like they own the world.

It's like, you want to ask them why they think they are so cool; all they do is sleep on friends couches, smoke weed and eat fast food and buy CD's. They have no skills or accomplishments. Yet, they feel extremely high on themselves.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    edited July 2007
    the wook wrote: »

These are guys maybe a year or two younger than I am and yet I'm polite, well-spoken, and regarded as a generally good and responsible adult.

I think the solution is that they need to have far more abusive parents earlier in life.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    To be fair, The Biggest Truck is an excellent life goal

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

How dare they.

Seriously. You don't fuck with Mister Rogers. That's just not right. I mean this coming out of them is not at all surprising with the stuff they spout so much, it's just...damn.

But yes, the whole Self-Esteem stuff has really gotten out of hand. In my (older) brother's junior high they cancelled the advanced math class because it was hard, and it might make the students feel bad. Blaming it on Mister Rogers, though, is pretty stupid.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Blankspace wrote: »
    Ol' Sparky wrote: »
    ideologues from either side deserve to have their faces put on the spartan saying "this is SPARTA"

this is madness
    this is

FOX

someone do that

i have no talent with such things
    Or not cause that is fucking retarded.

i'm sorry

so sorry

so so so sorry

Ol' Sparky on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    the internet taught me to be polite at least somewhat

the internet taught me a lot of things

Kovak on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Lately my dad has been listening to some insane, racist asshole on talk radio. I tried to give the guy a listening to and all the talk show host was bitch about how some Muslim cab drivers in Minnesota wouldn't pick up people holding booze. First off, even if it isn't right, how on Earth would these drivers know that you're carrying booze? Unless you showed up drunk or with a bottle in your hand, there is no way they're going to figure out that you are carrying and kick you out. So the damn thing is reduced to a personal preference that doesn't even matter. But this fucking guy would not shut up about it. They're forcing their culture onto us, he says. Then my dad says something to the tune of "They've got no right not to pick you up if you have booze." This is a Republican saying this. A Republican saying that people do not have the right to control their business practices. An anti-union, anti-tax, anti-Big Government Reaganite saying that the government needs to put a stop to people practicing the right to lose competitiveness.

I don't think my dad actually knows what he believes other than the brown people are ruining America, and, if give the chance, will eat every baby and replace them with poisonous snakes.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Am I the only one have this photobucket problem? I can't even see pictures posted from there.

trentsteel on

• Options
    BergyBergy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Tossrock wrote: »

well som-bitch.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I will have photos and make a thread at the end of the month.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

These are guys maybe a year or two younger than I am and yet I'm polite, well-spoken, and regarded as a generally good and responsible adult.

I think the solution is that they need to have far more abusive parents earlier in life.

I was a pretty big shit until I got sent to military school.

the wook on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fox News
    Proof that Darwinism takes a while to work!

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    trentsteel wrote: »
    Am I the only one have this photobucket problem? I can't even see pictures posted from there.

Nope, photobucket apparently got it's shit ruined

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

seriously

i never got time out

i got hit so hard i couldnt sit down for the rest of the day
    oh fuck here come the molestation jokes

tugga on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Actually, to be fair, after recent developments, my dad thinks that the Catholic Church should be outlawed.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    when you're talking about sex sometime you say i hit that

Kovak on
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I never thought I'd ever hear anybody refer to Mr. Rogers as Evil. I thought, maaaaybe, like a thousand years from now, he might have been elevated to WH40K Horus level through manipulation by the insane religious zealot dictatorship goverment, but...Never in my lifetime did I ever expect this.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    God. Do you know how many Hurricane Katrina e-mail hoaxes I saw reported to co-workers as "I saw it on the news"?

"The blacks are bitching that they got burgers instead of pizza when they got rescued!"

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited July 2007

I will have photos and make a thread at the end of the month.

I am on the edge of my seat

Trucks so big

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    i have old crayon pictures of my parents beating me

h5

tugga on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    God I thought I posted this in the wrong thread but it turns out I didn't!

"I love my parents. They never hit me, they always encouraged me. At the same time they taught me how to behave, and that if you behave that way, then you can feel great about yourself."

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    my sig/avatar are photobucket, but I don't know if that's just because they're in my cache or what.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    i see them.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    neville wrote: »
    Fox News

please

if there's one thing that the US has accomplished since its inception, it's the elimination of natural selection as a relevant force on human evolution

the wook on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The Photobucket home page is not loading, though

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    hey is the UK cool

im thinking i wanna live there later in life

tugga on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Fox News

please

if there's one thing that the US has accomplished since its inception, it's the elimination of natural selection as a relevant force on human evolution
    We should take a page from continental Europe and just get rid of soap all together.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Fox News

please

We should take a page from continental Europe and just get rid of soap all together.

or we could stop rewarding the dregs of society for each baby they have

the wook on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Big truck
    Big truck
    Big truck
    Big truck
    Big truck, come on
    Big truck, come on
    Big truck

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    SAID MOVE

SAID MOVE

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I was a pretty big shit until I got sent to military school.

Either way, you learn that you are not a beautiful snowflake (fight club etc etc)

I know that I will never be the absolute best at anything. There's always going to be somebody out there better. All I concern myself with is improving myself as much as I can. I don't feel anything is owed to me, and, at least in a structured setting (ie school and now in the workplace) I know that carrying on like an immature shitheel is going to get me nowhere fast.

I tried having a conversation with Biggest Truck and Former Douchebag B (he was laid off last week) about things like "How practical it is to spend upwards of $5,000 on modifying a perfectly functioning truck to become something barely street legal?"

It resulted in learning that "Man, life ain't about planning for the long run; you could die tomorrow and then what would all that saving do for you? Better to have fun now. And then you can have awesome memories of 'that biggest truck you had'"

Yeah, as you're asking people 'Would you like fries with that?' at 55 reminiscing about your retardedly huge truck is really gonna be good justification for your lack of saving and long-term planning.

These kids believe there is no future, so why bother?

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Fox News

please

or we could stop rewarding the dregs of society for each baby they have
    Yeah, you're right. Those people probably aren't using soap anyways.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    MORE PEOPLE

MORE CHAIRS

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Oh Munkus!

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    SAID MOVE

SAID MOVE

I'm glad someone else remembers.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Bergy did they really break up?

Calamity Jane on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh Munkus!

Fox News is the Wiggin of cable.
    :3

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png