As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Firefox wont Connect to net

GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
To start.

1. Firefox 2.0 was running. It worked fine

2. It ran a security update automatically.

3. It no longer works. I get a "cannot establish connection" or "cannot find server" message. There is little to no downtime when finding this.

Computer is an Dell laptop behind a netgear WPN824v2 router.

Some notes:

I have reinstalled firefox with the latest version from firefox.org twice. Both times with no success.

IE 6.0 still works fine to connect. In fact, i am posting from the problem computer with IE 6

It doesnt matter whether the laptop is conencted wirelessly or with a wire

I have tried turning off all security settings on the router.

I have had other problems with the router opening ports for different applications[eve-online, port 26000, unable to forward or trigger said port, unable to ping self on port(but will ping self on port 80)]

I have tried changing the way firefox connects[its a direct connection], but to no avail.

I have tried updating the firmware of the router, but to no avail.

Please help me, i want my firefox back :(

edit: Installed Latest version of Opera with the same results. Wont find anything on the internet.

wbBv3fj.png
Goumindong on

• Options
    ReitenReiten Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Power cycle every device between you and the internet that you can. But also check your firewall settings. Might be that after the update that it doesn't recognize it anymore (although not sure why that would affect Opera).

Reiten on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Problem fixed itself.

What did i do? Nothing i hadnt done before. When did it start working? I havent a clue.

But it works now.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Problem fixed itself.

What did i do? Nothing i hadnt done before. When did it start working? I havent a clue.

But it works now.

I had this exact same problem a few months ago.

I was about to post the suggestion of 'just wait it out'. :P

I have no idea what went wrong or how it got fixed.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg