As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What?! Impossible! I am INVINCIBLE! (Villian Thread)

• Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007

Plus, he was a number 2 who made that rare ascent to primary villiany.

And screwed everything up in the process, the doofus.

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    JAEF wrote: »
    Not an embodiment of darkness. Not some hell-spawn from beyond a mystery portal. No long drawn out backstory.

Just a man filled with pure hate for everything and everyone. Destroy it all.

My kind of villain.
    zio.jpg

Sorry, they did it a year earlier.

Wish I had his speech where he explains how he plans to kill every living thing, including himself, because he hates life.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    MasoniteMasonite Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »
    WwwKefcheCom53245.jpg

not much of a talker though.

Obligatory:
    Sh2_judgement.jpg

Masonite on
  • Options
    Darth AardvarkDarth Aardvark Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    How has everyone forgotten to mention:
    dx05.jpg
    But enough talk...have at you!

Darth Aardvark on
  • Options
    AlpineAlpine Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    shadow.jpg

The only enemy from a Zelda game I actually felt challenged fighting, way back when I was 12.

Alpine on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I thought this was a Goldeneye thread for a second.

Boris

borisld2.jpg

KVW on
  • Options
    Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'v got an affinity for insane villians, ones who are just plain evil for no rhyme or reason, it's just their nature. My favorite villian of all time is Batman's the Joker because his insanity is actually his strength in terms of thinking up evil plans and dealing, and causing problems in his own uniqe way.

I really liked the psycopaths from Dead Rising as you could tell they had all completley snaped under the pressure and some were very fairly deep characters, like the Machette man, I felt sorry for killing a few of them because they were obviously just confused and scared, like Cletus, hell, he had every right to defend himself from Frank and the guy who comes into the shop with him. Cletus makes a good point when he asks if Frank is crazy if he is willing to kill for guns. The sniper family really creeped me out, the dad was just completley cold and it just freaked me out how much he was obsessed with hunting and how he was screwing up his two sons byt forcing and encouraging them to kill. The store manager was an interesting character, as was Adam the Clown.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Death? You can't get a villain more invincible than Death from the Castlevania games. Every single game in the series he pops out trying to guard Dracula's coffin and every game he gets whipped back into oblivion for his troubles. I admire that he's tenacious and all but look at the latest game, Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin. He's being beaten up by teenagers and he's still acts surprised that a mere mortal could defeat him.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Death? You can't get a villain more invincible than Death from the Castlevania games. Every single game in the series he pops out trying to guard Dracula's coffin and every game he gets whipped back into oblivion for his troubles. I admire that he's tenacious and all but look at the latest game, Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin. He's being beaten up by teenagers and he's still acts surprised that a mere mortal could defeat him.

Why is Death in cahoots with Dracula anyway? Dracula is immortal, you'd think that would piss off Death a bit.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    FatBabyFatBaby Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Beyond_Good_and_Evil_-_76.jpg

Most interesting boss fight ever... shame on you if you don't know where it is from!

FatBaby on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Pioustheliche.JPG
    Pious Augustus from Eternal Darkness. Easily one of my favorite villians.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Not quite a character but:
    Sathanas.gif

The worst is going through all that effort to kill it, feeling as if you've won the war after a great, desperate struggle, and then finding out you just destroyed one of hundreds. So very not good.

subedii on
  • Options
    IriahIriah Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    FatBaby wrote: »
    Beyond_Good_and_Evil_-_76.jpg

Most interesting boss fight ever... shame on you if you don't know where it is from!

CAUGH. CAUGH-CAUGH. SHAAAAAAWNIIIIII.

Iriah on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ooh, wait, I got a classic:
    KaneCNC.jpg

Camp at times, but still awesome. I still remember that bit where he killed one of his subordinates for betraying him and then promoted you in his place. :lol:

subedii on
  • Options
    CojonesCojones Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm pretty sure that everyone went into this thread thinking Irenicus and SHODAN, if you didn't then...rethink yourselves.

Cojones on
    exmac.png
  • Options
    DragDrag Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Starfox:
    chara11.jpg

Daddy screamed REAL good before he died!

Drag on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    friday13-3.jpg

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    YodaTuna wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »

Why is Death in cahoots with Dracula anyway? Dracula is immortal, you'd think that would piss off Death a bit.
    Even more important, why is the Grim Reaper, who is part of the natural order, taking orders from a pissy vampire? You would think that he'd gun straight for Dracula instead of trying to defeat various vampire hunters that enter the castle?

Silpheed on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Pancake wrote: »
    jonirenicusdv7.jpg

I don't even have to say anything about him.

Yup.

Best villain ever.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Recoil42 wrote: »
    Oh come on, guys

bionicnes-15.png

Hitler?
    Or mecha-Hitler?
    pc.mech.hitler.gif

Classics aside, most of my favorites have already been mentioned - Irenicus, Soulblighter, Kane, etc. Couple others I think deserve mention:

Paxton Fettel - Of FEAR infamy. Psychic cannibal with mommy issues and innate control over a clone army. Creepy would be an understatement. And on a related topic...

Serial Killer X - From Condemned. Yes, just a plain old-fashioned serial killer
    who hunts down other serial killers
    and cuts off your fucking finger.
    That final confrontation with him is just class.

Dr. Killjoy - From the Suffering games. Not a villain in the traditional sense, but still a cheerfully sick fellow, well suited to the projectors he is apparently bound by. Way better than the actual villain of the sequel.

And last, but by no means least, from Max Payne 2:
    "I hate to do this, but you know how you are. You would never let it go."

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Max? Why don't you just die? You hate life, you're miserable all the time, afraid to enjoy yourself even a little! Face it, you might as well be dead already. Do yourself a favor, give up!"
    - Vladimir Lem.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Also, to be honest, I was a large fan of

bg2_tap_bodhi-thumb.jpg

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The capital G (Morgoth) from Angband. He is crazy powerful.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    As awesome as Irenicus was there will only be one to me:
    transcendentone.gif

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I tried really hard to find a picture of Melbu Frama from Legend of Dragoon.

No dice.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ocelotbi0.png

Revolver Ocelot

The reason?
    In many ways, he's the main character of the MGS series. He has been present for every single main moment of the saga, as well as being the manipulator to 95% of it. Without Ocelot, absolutely nothing would've taken place. He's the mastermind behind the series, transcending generational bounds.

Kami on
  • Options
    GroovyMr1337GroovyMr1337 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That fucking fish in zelda. I hated that thing.

GroovyMr1337 on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

No dice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0Drs6tUZSQ

Video is good enough? I got all the way to the end but never fought the boss, so I dunno if that's exactly it.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Reynolds wrote: »

No dice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0Drs6tUZSQ

Video is good enough? I got all the way to the end but never fought the boss, so I dunno if that's exactly it.

That's him, technically, but not in his evil monologuing villain form.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Kami wrote: »
    ocelotbi0.png

Revolver Ocelot

The reason?
    In many ways, he's the main character of the MGS series. He has been present for every single main moment of the saga, as well as being the manipulator to 95% of it. Without Ocelot, absolutely nothing would've taken place. He's the mastermind behind the series, transcending generational bounds.

I was telling that to a friend 30 minutes ago.
    Ocelot is DEFINITELY the main character in the series. He's the only one who knows what's going on at all, and he ALWAYS wins at the end. All the 4 snakes are just pawns for him. They never succeded, even when thy thought they had.

BTW, my greatest villains:
    SHODAN, Irenicus, Sarevok, Pious Augustus, Hitler. All awesome.

But you guys forgot:
    Thrakhath8s.gif

and

Tolwyn01.jpg

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Also, to be honest, I was a large fan of

bg2_tap_bodhi-thumb.jpg

That's the nicest naked vampire thigh I've seen from any game. Rowr!

emnmnme on
  • Options
    walnutmonwalnutmon Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I liked Sephiroth quite a bit, I like bad guys that have an identity issue and a love for their mother-ones that I can identify with...

Yes, I am very original. /sarcasm

walnutmon on
    xbox: jmbizzo | ps3: walnutmon | steam: walnutmon | SC2: walnutmon.591
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Dudes...
    4.jpg

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Thread fails for lack of Geese and Albedo.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Holy shit, DIE ALREADY FUCK.
    22.jpg

And that eastern vampire boss lady is even worst, all cthululy and in a narrow space

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    SirToons wrote: »
    Thread fails for lack of Geese and Albedo.
    Indeed. Geese is an absurdly awesome villain. He combines awesomeness, badassness and being a total fucking asshole (in game, and in the storyline) into an amazing character.

I don't think any other boss in a fighting game works quite as well in that his fighting style perfectly matches his character. And no other fighting game boss makes me so fucking angry at the bullshit moves he pulls off in the game :x

-SPI- on
  • Options
    UltravisitorUltravisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    friday13-3.jpg

I think I'd pass if I were that kid ;]

aaaand for my selection:

225px-Manualbob.jpg

Ultravisitor on
    flcl1-1.jpg
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I regret not making this topic months ago when it was fresh in my brain.

I also regret four pages with no in-depth mention of...

albedo.jpg
    I mean sure, the third game ruined him, but he wasn't the only character fucked over by the abrupt end of the series.

Regardless over how they tried to play him as a sympathetic character by series' end, it failed to erase his deeds from Episode I. They basically took what worked with Kefka and made Albedo more insane, more bloodthirsty, and overall more controversial than any other villain before him.

Sure, you can argue that those weren't really little girls that he kept as personal slaves, or how they didn't feel pain whenever he snapped their limbs or stabbed their chests, and you can also argue that he was merely probing MOMO's information network, not actually raping her.

That didn't stop the fact that Albedo got a sexual thrill from doing those things, not to mention the pleasure he got from mutilating his own immortal body. Let's not forget the mind-numbing laughter (which fans swore would be impossible to replicate in english; only Crispin Freeman was capable of proving them wrong.

In the end, Albedo became the very first (and probably only) videogame incarnation of an insane, sadistic, masochistic pedophile, and the way he absolutely delighted in the suffering he caused for MOMO, Jr, and the other characters really motivated me to keep on playing and make him pay.

It's too bad the series failed to use him properly in the end (among many other problems), but man his moments in Episode I will forever remain in infamy.

Also, he smashed his own fucking head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_oHxm8TYu0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY5cufp4e6o&mode=related&search=
    Reynolds wrote: »
    JAEF wrote: »
    Not an embodiment of darkness. Not some hell-spawn from beyond a mystery portal. No long drawn out backstory.

Just a man filled with pure hate for everything and everyone. Destroy it all.

My kind of villain.
    zio.jpg

Sorry, they did it a year earlier.

Wish I had his speech where he explains how he plans to kill every living thing, including himself, because he hates life.
    I remember everything except for how he wanted to kill himself. I mean it's naturally assumed he would die when destroying the entire universe, but I don't recall him actually wishing for it, unless this was taken from the GBA translation (I'm still way behind the game).
    Kami wrote: »
    ocelotbi0.png

Revolver Ocelot

The reason?

I was telling that to a friend 30 minutes ago.
    Ocelot is DEFINITELY the main character in the series. He's the only one who knows what's going on at all, and he ALWAYS wins at the end. All the 4 snakes are just pawns for him. They never succeded, even when thy thought they had.

Actually...
    I wouldn't say Ocelot knows everything. Remember, he's working for the Patriots. While it's true that the Patriots died 100 years ago, and what remains of them are probably some sort of AI gone amuck, but I don't think Ocelot is aware of that. Then there's the unseen person he's talking to at the end of MGS3.

Point being, Ocelot answers to someone, we just don't know who it is (or know if he knows).

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    No, I personally liked what they did with Albedo, becasue even then I couldn't feel sorry for him because he is such a bastard. The actions of Albedo really help flesh out Rubedo and Nigredo.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Galcian_%28Skies_of_Arcadia%29.jpg

august on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Super_Metroid_Ending3.gif

Needs no explanation. Man, the first time you played through that game...

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg