As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Good MP3 player for computer?

EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
These days most things are bundled with some fucking bullshit that you don't need and is hard as fuck to install.

I'm looking for a good MP3 player for my computer. Winamp seems to bundle a bunch of shit with even the most basic install.

Anyone know any good alternatives?

Endomatic on

• Options
    saltinesssaltiness Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You can turn off all the extra crap when you install winamp.

saltiness on
    XBL: heavenkils
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I use iTunes...
    The software can do quite a bit - I dont know if thats what you call "bundling" though.

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    s_86s_86 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    -

s_86 on
  • Options
    blincolnblincoln Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I tried out foobar2000 when I saw it recommended here awhile ago and have been using it ever since.

blincoln on
    Legacy of Kain: The Lost Worlds
    http://www.thelostworlds.net/
  • Options
    BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    blincoln wrote: »
    I tried out foobar2000 when I saw it recommended here awhile ago and have been using it ever since.

On a windows machine, iTunes is absolute shit (on a mac, different story). Foobar2000 is the absolute best music player for windows. It's got a very small resource footprint, especially compared to the hogs of iTunes and WinAmp. Straight from install, it's ready to go, but you can do a LOT of customization if you like of the look, as well as of playback. There are different modules for replaygain, etc, which my audiophile buddy absolutely loves tweaking to get the best sound possible. Foobar2000 is part of my default program list to install on every computer.

BoomShake on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I just use WMP 11, with no issues.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Winamp 2.78c has never tried to install anything but an MP3 player on any of my computers.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    VLC is pretty good, and it comes with codecs for many audio formats.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Bryse EayoBryse Eayo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    BoomShake wrote: »
    blincoln wrote: »

On a windows machine, iTunes is absolute shit (on a mac, different story). Foobar2000 is the absolute best music player for windows. It's got a very small resource footprint, especially compared to the hogs of iTunes and WinAmp. Straight from install, it's ready to go, but you can do a LOT of customization if you like of the look, as well as of playback. There are different modules for replaygain, etc, which my audiophile buddy absolutely loves tweaking to get the best sound possible. Foobar2000 is part of my default program list to install on every computer.

This.

Bryse Eayo on
  • Options
    variantvariant Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    +1 for Foobar, very bare bones but versatile.

variant on
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    jmillikin wrote: »

That's weird, I never really thought about using VLC for listening to music.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    Bryse EayoBryse Eayo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Does it even come with playlist control?

Bryse Eayo on
  • Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bryse Eayo wrote: »

Does it even come with playlist control?

Well, the only time I ever listen to music in Windows is for single/few files in bizarre formats, so VLC works well enough. By playlist control, do you mean ability to create/edit/save playlists? If so, yes, it does.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]