As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Masq: Betrayal, death, sex and fashion! (Can be NSFW)

124»

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Bishizel wrote: »
    Anyone know what the special ending with Alice is?
    GOOD END?

Panda4You on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    This is actually quite good.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    jaredburtonjaredburton Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Aha ha, one of you is a jerk. I guess you can't hit on her if you are referred, but it is alright for the first person to. Someone else?

jaredburton on
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Wow, I really enjoyed this. It makes me wonder if there isn't something to those dating sim games after all.

Darlan on
  • Options
    revolutionary beanrevolutionary bean Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Damnit.. I just found this game and i gotta say it's the best adventure game i've ever played.

I'm looking for more games like this.. any recommendation?

revolutionary bean on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    These people claimed that they were doing more, but nothing came out of it. I would like to see more.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    These people claimed that they were doing more, but nothing came out of it. I would like to see more.

Yes! It seems that they're looking for investors to invest in the project before they go forward with anything else, I don't get why they don't just use a shareware distribution channel to continue the development on this game.

They don't even take donations for fuck's sake.

I've seen games a lot worse than this sell thousands of copies, they should be able to work something out at least!

I'm actually tempted to contact them and ask what kind of funding they need to develop a sequel and maybe scrounge together something to try and fund them (when there's a will, there's a way damnit); the gaming world is in a desperate need for more of these kind of games!

revolutionary bean on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Thetheroo wrote: »

Yes! It seems that they're looking for investors to invest in the project before they go forward with anything else, I don't get why they don't just use a shareware distribution channel to continue the development on this game.

They don't even take donations for fuck's sake.

I've seen games a lot worse than this sell thousands of copies, they should be able to work something out at least!

I'm actually tempted to contact them and ask what kind of funding they need to develop a sequel and maybe scrounge together something to try and fund them (when there's a will, there's a way damnit); the gaming world is in a desperate need for more of these kind of games!

I'd contribute.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Sorry to dredge this back up, but I got the elusive beach ending and I thought people might like to know how to get it. :)
    I'm pretty sure these are the important steps:

#1 - Accept the deal with Williams & write the check. When you meet him with Peter, tell him you'll fire Peter (so he doesn't get shot).

#2 - Be nice to Nikki. Don't sleep with her. I went into her house, but then told her I was married and left (you get a special cutscene how she says she's impressed with your straightforwardness).

#3 - Be nice to your wife.

#4 - When you follow Williams and see him & Nikki, wait until it gives you the option of sneaking into Nikki's house. Grab the key from the lamp, go to her bedroom, look in the closet for the hidden door. Look at the Newspaper clippings and listen to the tapes. As soon as you've taken two tapes, select the leave option so that the kids don't find you.

#5 - In the final act, call Nikki. She'll say that you've put her son in danger. Now go to the school. Ask where he is and then go to the museum. Keep looking for him and then take him to a safe place. Call everyone up.

#6 - If you've done everything right, when Williams confronts you, he'll take you to a room with two people trapped under sheets: Thelma & Nikki. Save here just in case. Tell him where the boy is (he's not there anymore) and tell him the boy's behind him (he won't believe you). Grab the gun. Wait and things will sort themselves out.

If you've done all the major choices right, a few scenes later, Nikki will tell you that she needs to go away. Tell her to stay and then ask for forgiveness. She'll tell you the story of your past & you'll be given an option of leaving your wife and going away with her. Dump your wife for the beach ending.

Anyone else able to do this yet? I tried following the directions and it didn't work. I missed something.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Sorry to dredge this back up, but I got the elusive beach ending and I thought people might like to know how to get it. :)
    I'm pretty sure these are the important steps:

#1 - Accept the deal with Williams & write the check. When you meet him with Peter, tell him you'll fire Peter (so he doesn't get shot).

#2 - Be nice to Nikki. Don't sleep with her. I went into her house, but then told her I was married and left (you get a special cutscene how she says she's impressed with your straightforwardness).

#3 - Be nice to your wife.

#4 - When you follow Williams and see him & Nikki, wait until it gives you the option of sneaking into Nikki's house. Grab the key from the lamp, go to her bedroom, look in the closet for the hidden door. Look at the Newspaper clippings and listen to the tapes. As soon as you've taken two tapes, select the leave option so that the kids don't find you.

#5 - In the final act, call Nikki. She'll say that you've put her son in danger. Now go to the school. Ask where he is and then go to the museum. Keep looking for him and then take him to a safe place. Call everyone up.

#6 - If you've done everything right, when Williams confronts you, he'll take you to a room with two people trapped under sheets: Thelma & Nikki. Save here just in case. Tell him where the boy is (he's not there anymore) and tell him the boy's behind him (he won't believe you). Grab the gun. Wait and things will sort themselves out.

If you've done all the major choices right, a few scenes later, Nikki will tell you that she needs to go away. Tell her to stay and then ask for forgiveness. She'll tell you the story of your past & you'll be given an option of leaving your wife and going away with her. Dump your wife for the beach ending.

Anyone else able to do this yet? I tried following the directions and it didn't work. I missed something.

It worked for me, don't forget to call up your wife while you're looking for your son at the museum. If you don't call early enough she'll get kidnapped and you'll have to rescue her, changing the storyline from then on.

revolutionary bean on
  • Options
    PjstelfordPjstelford Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Could someone be so kind as to outline the path it takes with Alice to offer a recommendation? I'm trying to help the other posters, but I cannot find it at all.

Pjstelford on
  • Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    1. Tell Alice some name and how you'll get a friend to vouch for you
    2. Go to a different computer (Virtual machine seems to work) and click the "A friend of mine asked me..." option and insert in the named you gave her before.
    3. Go back to the original computer and she should recognize you upon loading reload the webpage and know what your friend said about you.

I can't get her to recognize myself on any of my OS X browsers (Camino, Firefox, Safari) but it works fine on virtualization of Windows

I also have a question, I vaguely remember a path that had Susan saying like she forgot how good you were after you had sex with her but I've been unable to repeat it. Does anyone else remember this scene happening? It has been bothering me since I've figured out how to manipulate most of the events but can't figure this one out and I'm starting to question my memory.

Tertiee on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh man, I remember this shit. Whoever got me into this wasted A LOT of my time for like a week :O.

I never got the best ending because I had some issues with it running on my comp. I think I almost reached the play limit though :(.

That last question btw, I know you cant sleep with Nikki otherwise it won't happen. I beleive you get that line if you hang out with Nikki, but turn her down. Try that.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Oh man, I remember this shit. Whoever got me into this wasted A LOT of my time for like a week :O.

Good to know ;)

Tav on
  • Options
    UltrachristUltrachrist Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    First time I tried this. thanks for necro'ing. It's pretty cool.

Oh damn, when I told Susan I wouldn't want to put her through that, I didn't actually think she'd
    Let me rot in jail for the rest of my life!

Ultrachrist on
    ultrachrist2.png
  • Options
    LunaticLunatic Registered User new member
    edited May 2008
    I burned about 20 lives trying to get that elusive beach ending (thanks to the posters here for that) and I have got to say that
    I didn't like it at all, two wrongs =/= 1 right.
    The ending I got the most is probably my favourite, MASQ success, Peter alive, good terms with Susan

Lunatic on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Lunatic wrote: »
    I burned about 20 lives trying to get that elusive beach ending (thanks to the posters here for that) and I have got to say that
    I didn't like it at all, two wrongs =/= 1 right.
    The ending I got the most is probably my favourite, MASQ success, Peter alive, good terms with Susan

Yeh same, best ending for me would be a threesome one where you can have your cake and eat it too.

revolutionary bean on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Tertiee wrote: »
    I also have a question, I vaguely remember a path that had Susan saying like she forgot how good you were after you had sex with her but I've been unable to repeat it. Does anyone else remember this scene happening? It has been bothering me since I've figured out how to manipulate most of the events but can't figure this one out and I'm starting to question my memory.

You're not going insane. This happened to me once as well, but I have no idea how I triggered it.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    PompaPompa Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    88925114wa2.jpg

man this game is pretty cool

Pompa on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    goddamnit it wont let me go into episode 3!

I am so deeply involved in the story too.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    SueveSueve Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Tertiee wrote: »

You're not going insane. This happened to me once as well, but I have no idea how I triggered it.

necro'd but to do this you have to say shes beautiful then go to bed. she will wake you up, then have sex with her.

Sueve on