As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Installing Drivers for HDD

Dyrwen66Dyrwen66 the other's insaneDenver CORegistered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I've run into a snag trying to get my external HDD to work after reinstalling Windows on the system drive. I can't get it to recognize it's presence while plugged in. I've tried the HDD's site at http://inoi.com/English/DriverDownloads.asp , but naturally those drivers are for windows 98 when I've got XP. I've tried scanning for hardware a variety of ways, but can't seem to make it find it.

It worked yesterday before the HDD crashed, but I can't recall how I ever got it to work without drivers lying around. I know when I plug it into most folks' computers they just find it attached, so perhaps it has something to do with plug'n'play being messed up? How might I make that work?

Sorry to have such an obscure sounding question, but I dunno how to make this recognized by Windows after trying all day.

Just an ancient PA person who doesn't leave the house much.
Dyrwen66 on

• Options
    yotesyotes Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Have you updated your USB drivers?

yotes on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Dyrwen66Dyrwen66 the other's insane Denver CORegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Didn't appear to have any. I eventually scrounged up my old MOBO disk and tried that out, seems to have worked, if only because it had the USB-related drivers. Go figure.. Always the last place I look.

Dyrwen66 on
  • Options
    Dyrwen66Dyrwen66 the other's insane Denver CORegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The drive itself keeps going in and out for some reason. It works one day and not the next. I've tried one of the 6 USB ports here, but none seem to react any differently. Seems like it's usually luck to make it connect..

Dyrwen66 on
  • Options
    plantersplanters Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, I had the same problem until I installed the chipset drivers.

planters on