As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Subbed my Toe....

WuckFarcraftWuckFarcraft Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Just stubbed my toe pretty hard while walking in the kitchen.

However, I noticed that there is a patch of blood that is below the skin, since my skin did not cut.

Should I just let the blood sit there or should I peel / prick my toe so the blood comes out?

WuckFarcraft on

• JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Let it sit there and be thankful it didn't break the skin in the first place. Everything will fix itself and the bruise might be irritating for a while but at least there won't be even more irritation and possibilities for infection since the skin is intact.

If it has not healed after about a week or is becoming increasingly problematic please go see a doctor.

JAEF on
  • WuckFarcraftWuckFarcraft Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Uhhhhh.....

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=778012006

Edit: Thanks JAEF. THe skin usually breaks on the occasions I did stub my toe hard enough. I'll take your advice. Thanks

WuckFarcraft on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Doctors believe Elizabeth Cochrane, 51, a mother of three from Fife, already had a dormant infection from a previous surgical operation.
    Unless you've had operations on your foot before, this is not really something to be concerned about.

Edit: I believe something like your entire damn foot turning purple would be good grounds to see a doctor anyway.

JAEF on
  • EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sounds like it's just good ol' bruising.

If it starts to swell a great deal more (after the fact), or the bruise becomes larger over time and begins to throb, then you might want to have it looked at.

Endomatic on
  • graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    I stubbed my toe 2 weeks ago while jumping inside a train. It still hurts but when I tape it up it hurts less. If it is a small fracture it will heal in time right?

graizur on
    edited July 2007
    It looks like a bruise. However the skin is escalated in a bubble at the top of my toe, filled with blood. At least that is what it looks like. I will just leave it a lone.

WuckFarcraft on
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    A blood blister? Have you never had one before??

Doc on
    edited July 2007
    I just wikied blood blister and that is exactly what it is.

I have never had one before. At least I don't recall.

WuckFarcraft on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    graizur wrote: »
    I stubbed my toe 2 weeks ago while jumping inside a train. It still hurts but when I tape it up it hurts less. If it is a small fracture it will heal in time right?
    Yeah. There's literally nothing they can do for a broken toe, aside from tape it to the toe next to it, give you some ibuprofen, and send you home.

Thanatos on
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    graizur wrote: »

Yea, pretty much.

If you went to a doctor and it did end up being broken they'd tape it much like you already have.

And, as always, if it still hurts after a good long while or gets worse...go see a doc.

Edit: aaaaand beat'd.

DrZiplock on
  • MrOlettaMrOletta Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It should go away. About 3 months ago I was out power kiting but wore the wrong shoes. Instead of my regular cross-trainers I wore my hiking shoes which have reinforced toe areas. While trying to stop myself because of the kite pull, my toes got plastered against the hardened toe area of the shoe, causing me to develop blood spots under my big toe nail (about halfway up). They've finally just disappeared a week or so ago (they traveled with the growth of the nail).

Actually I just double checked and the right one is gone, but the left one is at the tip.

You should be okay.

MrOletta on