As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Spoiler Jail

XieflowXieflow Registered User regular
So. People seem to enjoy posting spoilers without spoiler tags.

I think it would be great if we had a "Spoiler Jail" for those people. Just like regular jail (no bbcode powers, et cetera), but all of their posts while in spoiler jail would be wrapped with spoiler tags.

They would then learn quickly to use spoiler tags when they get left out of conversations because people don't want to highlight and read any of their posts while in spoiler jail due to fear of spoilers.

Yeah, this'll never happen, but it would be great if we could get it.

Xieflow on

• Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    I dont like that idea. I'd rather try and fix the jail code to not filter spoilers. :wink: Atleast Im honest.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    aye, its pretty much just a reality of the internet....

well honestly alot depends on the board mentality... and unfortunately this place is a little more casual, if not outright chaotic over in SE++ occasionally

its not like some other forums where everyone does it out of respect for everyone else.

what i really have a problem with are the people who try to defend not marking something, or when people make a thread where every post is a spoiler, and nobody marks them ("what's your favourite videogame ending?!")

All you can do I guess is lead by example, and call people on it when they slip up. And hope the mods crack down on people unabashedly tossing out spoilers.

I still wish the FFVII one that gets tossed out all the time was marked. You read about people all the time who couldnt get around to the game till just now.

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2005
    Deusfaux wrote:
    aye, its pretty much just a reality of the internet....

well honestly alot depends on the board mentality... and unfortunately this place is a little more casual, if not outright chaotic over in SE++ occasionally

its not like some other forums where everyone does it out of respect for everyone else.

what i really have a problem with are the people who try to defend not marking something, or when people make a thread where every post is a spoiler, and nobody marks them ("what's your favourite videogame ending?!")

All you can do I guess is lead by example, and call people on it when they slip up. And hope the mods crack down on people unabashedly tossing out spoilers.

I still wish the FFVII one that gets tossed out all the time was marked. You read about people all the time who couldnt get around to the game till just now.

I'm one. I plan on playing the game at some point (already own it), and already know about that certain female character. I'm hoping it won't ruin the game too much for me.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    it shouldnt. i knew before i got there too... and while it is sort of the most pervasive spoiler in video-gaming... its that acceptance that its no big deal that they get tossed around, and you cant stop yourself from reading something you wish you hadnt. its unfortunate.

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    That's no good. That'd mean people we already shouldn't be wasting time reading would be wasting everyone's time even moreso.

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
  • Options
    TalkaTalka Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Bad idea.

But I am all for letting jailed people use spoiler tags.

Talka on