As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX vs. Wedding. Fight!

FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARDinterior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
edited April 2005 in PAX Archive
So, a couple of my old friends decided to schedule their wedding on the same weekend as PAX.

So now I have a dilemma.

Do I fly up to Seattle, take my best friend to PAX, get stupid drunk and get my ass kicked by people who are ten times better at Soul Calibur than me?

Or do I go to a wedding that I don't approve of, of two old friends who are dear to my heart but are terrible for one another?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
Feral on

• BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2005
    veiled emo i sense in this thread

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Borfase wrote:
    veiled emo i sense in this thread

I hope you're not talking about the music genre.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2005
    Sounds like a classic Saved by the Bell type plot to me.

So you must ask yourself, what would Zach Morris do?

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2005
    Where the fuck does that gate address go to? It appears invalid.

Red Machine D on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2005
    The Geek wrote:
    Sounds like a classic Saved by the Bell type plot to me.

So you must ask yourself, what would Zach Morris do?

So you're saying I should dress Screech up in a wig and one of my shirts and have him try to pass off as me?

Feral on

• Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited April 2005
    Tell them to get married at PAX.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Robert for the win.

Älphämönkëy on
  • SlignotSlignot Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Feral wrote:
    Or do I go to a wedding that I don't approve of, of two old friends who are dear to my heart but are terrible for one another?
    The answer to this question is easy: Do you ever want them to speak to you again?

If the answer is yes, you either go to the wedding, or make up an outlandish lie they will accept and to go PAX.

If the answer is no...tell them to get married at PAX.

Slignot on
    5535a6a4.png
  • NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    if you dont approve than not being there would just show your disproval. why would you act like you approve of somthing that you dont? you have to stand up for what you believe in.

Nephirij on
  • LincolnLincoln Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Robert for the win.
    Flawless Victory!

Lincoln on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2005
    Where the fuck does that gate address go to? It appears invalid.

Shows how much you know.

It's totally a real gate address.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2005
    Oooh, tough one. If you really don't approve of their union, then I agree with another poster. Make up an outrageous lie and go to PAX. :P

Unknown User on
    edited April 2005
    I wish I could make up a believable lie, but when the bride-to-be told me the date, like a complete moron I blurted out, "Aw, Hell, I was going to go to PAX that weekend."

:?

Feral on

• the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    lol I have this problem and yet not

my brother is getting married that same weekend, and I'm the best man

so PAX it is

the wook on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Pre-register and wait till the Omeganauts are chosen. If you get picked for the Omegathon, it's a sign from above you were meant to go to PAX. Otherwise, if you feel guilty, you can get a refund until the end of July.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • LeeLee Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    You obviously want to go to PAX more, so go to PAX. Will their feelings be hurt? Maybe, but I don't think they'll be too upset. I mean, it's their WEDDING. I'd be surprised if they even noticed you weren't there.

Lee on
  • futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2005
    wow you're a good friend

futility on
  • NintoNinto Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    How many weddings have you participated in, anyway? They might or might not notice that you weren't there.

They'll be so busy and focused on themselves that they won't really know who showed and who didn't. If you send a gift with someone else and sneakily sign the register somewhere near the middle (so they won't notice it's been signed before the wedding) then you'll have 'proof' that you were there.

This will work unless you're really good friends and they'll be looking for you, specifically.

Ninto on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Ninto wrote:
    How many weddings have you participated in, anyway? They might or might not notice that you weren't there.

They'll be so busy and focused on themselves that they won't really know who showed and who didn't. If you send a gift with someone else and sneakily sign the register somewhere near the middle (so they won't notice it's been signed before the wedding) then you'll have 'proof' that you were there.

This will work unless you're really good friends and they'll be looking for you, specifically.

Man after my own heart.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.