As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Apartments?

Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I just got screwed out of a nice place with a friend but that is a different story.

So I want to move out. I don't know where to start looking and I have no one that I know to move in with. All of my friends are either unable to move out at the moment, or don't want to live in my town. They want to move to the city.

So, I guess my question is, how do I go about finding a room mate and apartment?

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on

• Options
    ShmoepongShmoepong Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    You can look on Craigslist, your city's local classified's section in the newspaper or the free housing pamphlets usually next to newspaper stands. You can also take the initiative and post in these mediums for a roommate once you've found a place.

Google has a new applet that also covers housing for rent: base.google.com. Click on housing to get yourself started.

Shmoepong on
    I don't think I could take a class without sparring. That would be like a class without techniques. Sparring has value not only as an important (necessary) step in applying your techniques to fighting, but also because it provides a rush and feeling of elation, confidence, and joyful exhaustion that can only be matched by ... oh shit, I am describing sex again. Sorry everyone. - Epicurus
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Craigslist - seconded

Especially if you want an awesome (I hesitate to say artsy) apartment with character as apposed to yet another apartment from a gigantic complex.

Another oft overlooked place is local Realtors - they do not just sell houses and condos- they rent them. (usually full listings online)

Happy hunting.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."