As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] WHY DO YOU CHASE ME MECHANICAL CHAT THREAD?!

EchoEcho ski-bapba-dapModerator mod
edited September 2007 in MMO Extravaganza
:P

One basic rule for newcomers: this thread is about WoW, and not much else.

Echo on

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Is that a reference to an Un'Goro quest?

Seg on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Belf Demon Hunters.

Discuss.

Transporter on
  • Options
    a penguina penguin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I have never used my Mechanical Yeti.

I'm saving it for a special occasion.

I have no clue what that will be. Hopefully something raid- wiping.

a penguin on
    This space eventually to be filled with excitement
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Belf Demon Hunters.

Discuss.

:winky: :winky: :winky: :winky: :winky: :winky: :winky:

riz on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    riz wrote: »
    Belf Demon Hunters.

Discuss.

They seem to have a horrible Sunfury Signet drop rate.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Finally got my heroic shattered halls done. That leaves Durnholde, Black Morass, Shadow labs and Underbog. Got spellstrike tailoring thingie too, awesome.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Seg wrote: »
    Is that a reference to an Un'Goro quest?

It's a Winterspring quest, though it does send you to Un'Goro.

Soundwave on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    a penguin wrote: »
    I have never used my Mechanical Yeti.

I'm saving it for a special occasion.

I have no clue what that will be. Hopefully something raid- wiping.
    Ditto. Well, I used it once, which leaves two more times I can whip out the lil' mechanical terror.

I also have the non-combat version because I am a non-com pet whore.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm a Cord of Nature's Sustenance and a ring upgrade away from being done with Karazhan loot. Outside of the Jade Ring of the Everliving are there any amazing healer rings in the place? I've decided to go for the heroic healing neck worth 25 badges as it's a much more readily obtained upgrade. But yeah, the dr00d is ready for his T4 shoulders (to hell with YOU, hallowed pauldrons) and then, well, that's about it until SSC and beyond, I'd suppose. I got the healer helm off of Gruul, so I could care less about T4.

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm getting really sick of Kara, but I still need tons of loot from there and our RL/GM is too lazy to get another raid off the ground.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Man, this chat thread title is a blast from the past.

Back when men were men, women wore platemail bikinis, and Paladins couldn't dance to Napoleon Dynamite.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    To be fair, women still do wear Platemail bikinis.

Transporter on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I haven't seen as much platemail bikiniage post-TBC.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, there has been a distinct lack of platemail bikinis.

Fonda!!! >: (

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It's funny, I raided 40 mans for years without complaint about the RNG.

Sweeping a 10 man clear each week, however, made me quite bitter about drop rates.

Fucking Netherspite.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I've been done with karazhan loot for a long time now.... last one was cloak of dalaran which i looted first week of june. It's a big factor in my dissatisfaction with raidprogress, i'm almost always raiding to gear up others, it gets annoying, especially when they are the ones making mistakes too.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm getting really sick of Kara, but I still need tons of loot from there and our RL/GM is too lazy to get another raid off the ground.

How pissy would they get if you ran a few runs with someone else?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I've had everything I wanted from Karazahn since our 2nd or 3rd full clear, back in February or March. I've gone at least 3 times a month since then, and still have never seen Legacy or the Sunfury Bow.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    From the previous chat thread:

Doku-san, that sounds like corrupt harddisk sectors to me. Did you run ScanDisk? Also, what's the full crash log?

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I dunno, somewhat, maybe? You guys need a well-geared outside of Kara prot pally for something? There's at least one other person who could fill my spot on not-Thursdays.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I am exalted with the violet eye and running Kara off and on for 6 months I have not seen any rogue loot past the o so common Malchazeen on my rogue

As with my warlock I got to go to at last allthough I ran with a loot whore so still I got to go to kara at last

Brainleech on
  • Options
    LimeLime Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I had the claw set from ZG that turned me into a roided-up furry, is there anything like that available in the new end-game content? I have not been much past KZ.

Lime on
    Cum Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Lime wrote: »
    I had the claw set from ZG that turned me into a roided-up furry, is there anything like that available in the new end-game content? I have not been much past KZ.

Not that I know of
    There are look alike claws but I don't think there are other things that do the same thing

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    We barely manage to get Kara going anymore but since we're recruiting a lot of new raiders, a lot of them really really need Kara gear. And then the raid leaders are like "Well they should go PUG it." Which seems pretty unfair when we could take like three of them at a time and blow through the entire place in two or three hours. And even maybe bring our own alts. Last weekend we had enough people, and our regular MT said she'd go if really needed, but we were short a healer. If only my druid was already keyed... :P

riz on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

I dunno, somewhat, maybe? You guys need a well-geared outside of Kara prot pally for something? There's at least one other person who could fill my spot on not-Thursdays.

I can ask around. We usually run three Kara groups. It's not recruitment (we have two raiding prot paladins for SSC/TK and a couple other prot paladins waiting in the wings) but I can see if we or anyone else needs a fill in tank. Send Thoma a message in game.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    CaptHighSpeedCaptHighSpeed Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My rogue, druid and warrior are all keyed for kara. We've been short tanks and healers as much as I would love to run it on my rogue. :( I've tanked every boss on my druid but bear tanking is so boring...

Anyways we were short a tank last night and the druid being resto at the moment I wasn't about to respec so we got my last shard from kara and plowed through Black Morass for a combined time of 45 minutes. 'twas nice. :D

CaptHighSpeed on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Our guild has three highly successful Kara teams running, and we're trying to start a fourth

We have eight volunteers so far, four tanks (one of them me) and four dips, with two of the tanks being feral

The closest we have to a healer is me, with my massive 800 healing, 9k mana and 18 combat mp5, and feral spec

but I don't wanna heal :(

Ledneh on
  • Options
    whuppinswhuppins Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Echo, how many blowjobs would I have to give you to get you to put a comma after "Why do you chase me" in the title? That's what the li'l gobby chick actually says.

Also, you know

Grammatical vigilance and all that

whuppins on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

I can ask around. We usually run three Kara groups. It's not recruitment (we have two raiding prot paladins for SSC/TK and a couple other prot paladins waiting in the wings) but I can see if we or anyone else needs a fill in tank. Send Thoma a message in game.
    Ah. Well, me getting Kara spots isn't the problem - problem is that's all we do because my GL won't recruit and doesn't want to deal with the headache of getting a second Kara up and running to get people geared. But I'll hit you up anyway.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    383 characters in the guild.

And we can't fill a Karazhan raid.

Echo on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Echo wrote: »

383 Characters? Wow. WOW.

We have 35 accounts, and maybe 80 Characters.

That's amazing.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Belf Demon Hunters.

Discuss.

you say that about everything

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    lifeincognitolifeincognito Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

That sounds horrible mate. I'm in a guild that just broke up because people wanted to run Kara to gear up, after we got it on farm, but the guild leaders wanted progression. We couldn't progress because only 10 people had gear out of the 25 in the raid. So everyone left.

lifeincognito on
    losers weepers. jawas keepers.
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    23% wipe on Morogrim after our third attempt ever. So close. He should go down tonight.

I haven't been in kara for a long awhile. We go on our offnights if we feel like it, but man I was getting sick of the place, considering my first time in there, there was only one piece of loot that I wanted (tailoring epics oh yes), and I didn't even end up getting it, but got the sword off gruul, which looks 10x better.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    edited August 2007

You can't get one raid? Is a time zone issue? We see that on the American servers with some of the mixed American/Assuie guilds...

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

How many actual accounts, though? How many of those accounts have a 70? How many of those people with 70's have geared tanks/healers and are skilled enough to even entry raid with them?

Not challenging your progress or personnel, just asking for clarification. I was in a guild with about 150 accounts, 400+ characters, but many of those were long forgotten alts, bank alts, etc.

Then we had a guild split and we're down to around 80 accounts, 150 characters. And I haven't even moved the army of alts over yet.

Forar on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Bringing alts through Kara rocks. My raid has a loot sponge spot, which is the place for people whose prescence in the raid doesn't really matter for success or failure, and who need quite a bit of loot. It includes friends/alts/new recruits, etc. It's nice giving 6 epics to someone in one week, and making them go from "shitty questing greens" to "almost ready for SSC."

silence1186 on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Little Jim wrote: »
    Belf Demon Hunters.

Discuss.

you say that about everything

LIES AND SLANDER

riz on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Bringing alts through Kara rocks. My raid has a loot sponge spot, which is the place for people whose prescence in the raid doesn't really matter for success or failure, and who need quite a bit of loot. It includes friends/alts/new recruits, etc. It's nice giving 6 epics to someone in one week, and making them go from "shitty questing greens" to "almost ready for SSC."

Aye. We have an grandmother in our guild, and due eyesight problems she doesn't raid. But she's a really nice old woman. So one day we declared it her day and we filled a raid with naxx raiders and her. And proceeded to take her on a high speed trip through MC. All caster loots/Warlock set items were hers. And Motlen Bore became a fun, heart warming trip for once.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Aye. We have an grandmother in our guild, and due eyesight problems she doesn't raid. But she's a really nice old woman. So one day we declared it her day and we filled a raid with naxx raiders and her. And proceeded to take her on a high speed trip through MC. All caster loots/Warlock set items were hers. And Motlen Bore became a fun, heart warming trip for once.

*thumbs up*

Now that warms an old raider's heart. That, right there, you're doing god's work, son.

Forar on
This discussion has been closed.