As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

(NFL) Fantasy Football: Week 9

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    mcp wrote: »
    I have no problem with Belichick or the Pats.

In my opinion Belichick isn't paid to be a nice guy, he's paid to win games. I would love to have him in KC.
    Instead y'all gave up draft picks for Herm Edwards. Brilliant.
    Don't remind me.

Herm is a perfect example. He's a really nice guy. He's great with the media, and it's a lot of fun to listen to him talk.

Can't coach for shit. Well, he can't be a head coach for shit. He'd make an awesome defensive coordinator.

mcp on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    I have no problem with Belichick or the Pats.

In my opinion Belichick isn't paid to be a nice guy, he's paid to win games. I would love to have him in KC.
    Instead y'all gave up draft picks for Herm Edwards. Brilliant.
    Don't remind me.

Herm is a perfect example. He's a really nice guy. He's great with the media, and it's a lot of fun to listen to him talk.

Can't coach for shit. Well, he can't be a head coach for shit. He'd make an awesome defensive coordinator.
    Haha, dude had to hire an assistant to keep track of the game clock. Classic.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It's loud as fuck in domes, and I imagine it's even louder when your team is actually doing well.

I mean, the one time I was at the Metrodome was 2 years ago, when we had started 1-6 and we were playing the Lions and it was loud as fuck then. I can't imagine how loud it would be if we were 7-0 playing an undefeated Packers team.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The Metrodome holds a lot more people than the RCA Dome does.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Trading draft picks for a person who won't even be on the field just seems like a bad decision IMO.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    It won the Bucs a Superbowl

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    It won the Bucs a Superbowl

Brad Johnson won that Super Bowl.

What I wouldn't give for Brad Johnson again.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The funniest thing about the Bucs/Raiders Super Bowl is how afterwards the Bucs defenders said that Gruden told them exactly what the first 15 or whatever plays Callahan would script for the game and he was exactly right.

Callahan is such an awful coach.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Trading draft picks for a person who won't even be on the field just seems like a bad decision IMO.

Why don't you ask the Saints and Mike Ditka for their opinion.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I remember that. The Bucks knew their audibles and everything because Callahan hadn't bothered to change them from when Gruden was there.

Marathon on
  • Options
    superjoesuperjoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    so my season's a total washout

on the bright side, in my public league I have Moss and Peterson. Single-game rushing record in his goddamn rookie year? I just wish it was a keeper league.

superjoe on
    IlOZ6.png
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Eh, 6000 more. Not a whole lot. Not like comparing it to the superdome. Also, being a small dome without a retractable top, the noise is contained a bit. I've been to the RCA dome and it's pretty fucking loud when that crowd gets on their feet. For all we know, it's why Indy went to a silent count in the first place.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The Metrodome is terrible, and I hope they actually get the ball rolling on a new stadium sometime soon.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Butters wrote: »

Eh, 6000 more. Not a whole lot. Not like comparing it to the superdome. Also, being a small dome without a retractable top, the noise is contained a bit. I've been to the RCA dome and it's pretty fucking loud when that crowd gets on their feet. For all we know, it's why Indy went to a silent count in the first place.

Oh of course, any dome is going to get extremely loud. But the Colts have been accused of this in the past by other teams.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Butters wrote: »

Oh of course, any dome is going to get extremely loud. But the Colts have been accused of this in the past by other teams.

Nothing has been substantiated though so we'll just have to see. Not that I support it but is that explicitly against the rules?

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yes its explicitly against the rules

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Jordyn wrote: »
    The Metrodome is terrible, and I hope they actually get the ball rolling on a new stadium sometime soon.

Unfortunately I think that the bridge collapse ended any thought of that in the near future - although I thought I had heard it was being brought up in the legislature again. Maybe I'm wrong.

Two of the three teams that needed stadiums got them at least.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Proving something like noise level after the fact is near impossible because all you have to work with is a television feed. This may be why nothing has ever came of it in the past, but I also think the Pats are kind of grasping at straws, here.

Javen on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The bad part is that the Pats won the game. Why are they complaining so much?

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Well one would argue that if you notice someone explicitly breaking a rule, you call them on it regardless of the outcome of any particular game, just to ensure that it doesn't happen in the future.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Well I'm sure they feel as if since they got crucified by everyone for spygate, they arent gonna let any other team get away with fudging the rules against them either.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007

A win is only really satisfying when you win by 35 and the game has been in the bag since the 2nd quarter.

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The NFL says no artificial crowd noise was pumped into the RCA Dome on Sunday during the New England-Indianapolis game, despite claims otherwise by Patriots team president Jonathan Kraft.

"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts telecast was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Monday. "It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium."

mcp on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The weird thing is I can clearly hear what they are talking about on the recorded video, but I didn't notice at all during the broadcast. I've even seen sites that use the official video, so it's not doctored. It is there. It's just weird that I never noticed during the broadcast or that nobody mentioned it, like the guys covering the game.

There are people who know about sound and broadcasting who've said things happen, depending on where the microphones are placed that are capturing the noise for broadcast. What I want to know is if people in the stadium heard it. People who aren't biased one way or the other.

EDIT: I guess MCP answered my question pretty easily.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Idx86 wrote: »

Unfortunately I think that the bridge collapse ended any thought of that in the near future - although I thought I had heard it was being brought up in the legislature again. Maybe I'm wrong.

Zygi really wants it, and he's probably gonna be pounding his fist every chance he can until he gets it.

Lord knows I'd like to see it happen too. The Metrodome is so goddamn old.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007

Zygi really wants it, and he's probably gonna be pounding his fist every chance he can until he gets it.

I guess because you don't live in that area it doesn't really affect you, but it sucks when your city builds giant new sports complexes. Fucking taxes for rental cars and such things get insane.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

I guess because you don't live in that area it doesn't really affect you, but it sucks when your city builds giant new sports complexes. Fucking taxes for rental cars and such things get insane.

Your team also seems to go into a slump, and then assholes like me hassle you about million dollar complexes housing teams like the 3 and 5 Eagles. HAHAHAHAHAHA all the Eagles fans I deal with daily during football season.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I heard them talking yesterday about how they are going to spruce up Lambeau Field, similar to the way they did Soldier Field a couple years ago.

I'm glad they are going to do that instead of building a new one. It would just be wrong to see that place get torn down.

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I uh, oh no rental cars.

(I would actually like to move to Minneapolis at some point, maybe.)

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hunter wrote: »

Your team also seems to go into a slump, and then assholes like me hassle you about million dollar complexes housing teams like the 3 and 5 Eagles. HAHAHAHAHAHA all the Eagles fans I deal with daily during football season.

Look, we're gonna suck either way. I'd rather suck in a nice stadium than in a shitty one.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    tearing down Lambeau would be a damn crime

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Marathon wrote: »
    I heard them talking yesterday about how they are going to spruce up Lambeau Field, similar to the way they did Soldier Field a couple years ago.

I'm glad they are going to do that instead of building a new one. It would just be wrong to see that place get torn down.
    The renovated Lambeau in 2003.

They're going to renovate Arrowhead.

mcp on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »

They should just pour alcohol and pain killers all over it and hope it gets a second wind. It worked for Favre.

Hunter on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »

They should just pour alcohol and pain killers all over it and hope it gets a second wind. It worked for Favre.

oh dang

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Fill that stadium with Prilosec.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Lambeau and Soldier Field were both renovated recently rather than being torn down/replaced

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Favre sleeps in a pool of Kentucky bourbon every night to recharge his mojo.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

You wish you were that manly.

Butters on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I hear during halftime he gets a Valium/Jack Daniels drip.

Transporter on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    haha Eagles.

way to have like 600 people left in the stands in the 4th quarter.

also will someone please pull a Tonya Harding on Tom Brady already... sick of him.

jwalk on
This discussion has been closed.