As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Counter-Strike 1.6 randomly freezes after a few seconds ingame

squirlysquirly Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Games and Technology
So, a few days ago this problem started happening: I'll join a server in 1.6 and a few seconds to a minute after joining a server than picking a team/model and actually playing (If it hasn't crashed yet) it will just freeze. No message, nada, I usually just go into taskmanager and force-close it.

As far as I'm aware nothing had changed on my system (Details below) and I've tried checking the file integrity and some other things in Steam, new Nvidia drivers, etc. No other game is having problems.

Any ideas on what the problem might be or a way to create a log of what happens?

My system:

Vista [Home Premium, 32bit - and 1.6 has worked perfectly for months so I doubt this is the issue]
Asus 7600GT PCI-X
2GB DDR2667 GEiL

Diablo2 [US West; Ladder]: *DorianGraph [New/Main] *outsidewhale [Old]
squirly on

• Options
    GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I used to have this problem years ago with my geforce 4. Turns out it was over heating and I had to underclock the card to get it to run properly.
    That info probably wont help you much but I remember that it was such a bitch of a problem. I feel bad for you. :(

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
  • Options
    SalboachaSalboacha Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I would try deleting the cs folder inside the steam/steam apps/email folder and re-installing. If its still broke maybe uninstall some of the vista updates around the time your game started messing up, if you updated vista.

Salboacha on