As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

My prototype's need some playing! (table top game designers unite!)

super...super... __BANNED USERS regular
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
So anyone out there up for playtesting some new table top games? I would love to set up a time and place for table top designers to meet up and play each others games at pax. Of course anyone who just wants to try out some new games is more them welcome to join up and play.

Other then that i will try to have some of my games with me all convention if any of you like playtesting.

super... on

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I will likely be hanging out in the tabletop area most of saturday. I'll throw down wit ya.
    Are you going to be playing TerraDrive? If you are, joining the Radicals would be a smart move, as we will be protecting that entire floor.

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • super...super... __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm likely not playing in terra drive (i will be doing the hand held gaming event though). Although i am really interested in watching how Terra drive does this year sounds like a most awesome gaming event.

super... on
  • NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I don't know if i will want to by then, but we'll see what happens. i will have probably played most of those games by then.

Nephirij on
    edited August 2007
    well you are part of my normal playtest group so i understand wanting to do something else during PAX.

super... on
    edited August 2007
    here are a few game descriptions to cull your interest. written in that disgusting marketing style.

Tumbowl
    an exciting dexterity game for the whole family. Each turn a player adds one piece to the surface of the lid, as the piece are stacked the bowl will start tipping, pieces will shift and slide sometimes causing the whole bowl to tumble over! The game is incredibly easy to set up and play. Each game starts with it's own unique balance so players must adapt every time they play. The bowl can be weighted to provide a longer easer game or a shorter more difficult game.

Harmony
    Each player is trying to be the first to get themselves in harmony with the nature in this card game of ever changing seasons. This easy to learn game offers fun card play the whole family can enjoy. players will find themselves managing a hand and a harmony (a collection of cards) trying to keep themselves in harmony with nature while trying to keep other players from the same goal.

Venture
    This is not your dads game of conquest, designed with European ideals in mind this game elegantly models conflict on a large scale. Use your resources carefully to attack and build. Arrange your armies and support units strategically to get the most out of your resources. Cunningly deploy your troops in secret to strike or defend were your enemy least expects.

Gage Grand-prix
    True racing like you have never seen before. This game uses no grid, no points or areas to move your race car down the track. It recreates true racing movement easily with transparent card placement. do your best to drive the line, stay in high gear, pass other vehicles and manage your grip and gas. Otherwise you will be left in the dust or smashed up against the walls of the track.

not only that i will also be demoing BS Chess and i will be testing multi player rules for Drip, find those games on the site linked in my sig

super... on
  • RomulasRomulas Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    im down for trying new stuff

Romulas on
This discussion has been closed.