As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video driver help.

RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So, I tried to install the latest drivers for my X800 pro/gto piece of shit.
And now it is fucked.
Scrolling on websites, folders makes the screen jump, and when it tries to test the settings on restart, it crashes.
Please help. :x

Rizzi on

• Options
    phamtqphamtq Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Try getting on someone else's computer and download older drivers for your card. Then boot into safe mode and see if it installs from there.

phamtq on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Aaand with an old driver, I am now blue screening on restart.
    Hooray for computers.
    :x

Rizzi on
  • Options
    phamtqphamtq Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Sounds like it might be some other system problem. Try running chkdsk at the recovery console. If that does work, boot into the recovery console copy out all the information you can then reinstall Windows XP.

phamtq on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    It boots up, but when I do the whole uninstall drivers, install new drivers, restart for the new drivers to load in the first time it does one of two things.
    a) Crashes on a blue screen.
    b) Goes black for a second, then reboots without loading the drivers. I know they are installed, but the fuckers won't load in.

Also it doesn't help that the I don't have the disks for windows either.. :x

Edit.
    Should I put my old Nvidia piece of crap in?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Anyone? :/

Rizzi on