As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DS Help

ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So, the situation is that my mother wants to use my DS for that Brain Age game, since I don't use it, I don't really care and said sure. But she wants to be able to use it on the airplane when we head to Grand Cayman in the fall...

Now, I want to know if there is a way to deactivate the wireless part of the DS, as on airplanes you are not allowed to use such devices.

So, does anyone know if it is possible to deactive the wireless part?

BTW, this is an original, not a lite.

Comahawk on

• Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The WiFi is deactivated by the virtue of you not using the WiFi, it'll only be on if you're trying to make a WiFi connection.

And here's a secret:
    It doesn't affect aeroplanes anyway, there's zero proof it does, they're even going to roll out internet access... using WiFi on newer planes.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    AggroChanAggroChan __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Comahawk wrote: »
    So, the situation is that my mother wants to use my DS for that Brain Age game, since I don't use it, I don't really care and said sure. But she wants to be able to use it on the airplane when we head to Grand Cayman in the fall...

Now, I want to know if there is a way to deactivate the wireless part of the DS, as on airplanes you are not allowed to use such devices.

So, does anyone know if it is possible to deactive the wireless part?

BTW, this is an original, not a lite.

There isn't any way except to not enter any wireless activity menus.
    And even if you do, people have confirmed that nothing really happens.
    If you really want to abide by the rules though, just make sure not to open Brain Age's multiplayer.

AggroChan on
    PSN + Zune :>
    Sillender.jpgSillender.png
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Awesome, thank you for your help

Comahawk on