Options

Alien vs Predator 2: It can't be any worse then the first one...right?

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The thing about the Aliens getting to Earth is that the fucking Aliens would now be on Earth. And then you could never be sure that there wasn't a horrendous monster out in the forest coming for you.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    The thing about the Aliens getting to Earth is that the fucking Aliens would now be on Earth. And then you could never be sure that there wasn't a horrendous monster out in the forest coming for you.
    Or under your bed!

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Also. I just don't see humans, modern day humans holding a chance in hell against Aliens.

Isn't that kind of the point

We want to see aliens and predators killing shit (especially eachother, but humans are good too)

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Aliens in the forest ... squirrel + facehugger = ?

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The ideal AVP would start with the Predator exploding the jungle, causing a rift in time which makes Arnie meet Ripley. Predators track Arnie down while Ripley and space marines are fighting Xenomorphs.

Awesome ensues.

Also, this would be impossible, UNLESS, they made it animated. I'm sure they could get Sigourney to do voice-overs and Arnie too.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    The ideal AVP would start with the Predator exploding the jungle, causing a rift in time which makes Arnie meet Ripley. Predators track Arnie down while Ripley and space marines are fighting Xenomorphs.

Awesome ensues.

Also, this would be impossible, UNLESS, they made it animated. I'm sure they could get Sigourney to do voice-overs and Arnie too.

I never understood why they didn't have it on some remote planet, in the future, NOT FUCKING EARTH, and have a finale with thousands of alien hordes descending upon an equally large number of charging Predators. No resolution, no hero, no winner, just a fuck fest of epic proportions.

Again. NOT ON EARTH. Even Jason X managed to take it off the god damn planet and that must have had a worse budget. C'mon.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    that AVP doesnt have space marines is a huge huge problem. They were fucked once they killed the future part of it.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    Hah, Jason X. Man did I laugh my ass off at the end.
    MECHA-JASON KILLING HOLOGRAMS

Echo on
  • Options
    LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    When I first saw the trailer on aintitcoo.com I seriously thought I was watching a Sc-Fi channel 'original' movie. Not a good sign. I think it's because there is not one single recognizable actor in AVP2.

Did anybody know this film was even being made? I had no fucking idea it was. I'm sure it will be successful as it looks to appeal to the same fucktards who thought AVP1, Chronicles of Riddick, and SAW were excellent films.

LondonBridge on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    When I first saw the trailer on aintitcoo.com I seriously thought I was watching a Sc-Fi channel 'original' movie. Not a good sign. I think it's because there is not one single recognizable actor in AVP2.

Did anybody know this film was even being made? I had no fucking idea it was. I'm sure it will be successful as it looks to appeal to the same fucktards who thought AVP1, Chronicles of Riddick, and SAW were excellent films.

Chronicles of Riddick was awesome, asshole.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

No it wasn't and I am Riddick fan so I pretend the film never happened. Played the XBOX game three times and the PC version twice.

LondonBridge on
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

Man, out of those three, I was expecting someone to defend SAW, maybe. But not Chronicles of Shitdick. Not that movie.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Triple B wrote: »

Man, out of those three, I was expecting someone to defend SAW, maybe. But not Chronicles of Shitdick. Not that movie.

The movie was pretty ridiculous and terrible but Riddick is so badass that it can't be bad.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Aliens in the forest ... squirrel + facehugger = ?

Nuthugger?

devoir on
  • Options
    siliconenhancedsiliconenhanced __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    I don't know why directors think we want to relate to the "humans". Fuck no we don't. We want to have an escapist fantasy where we put ourselves in the role of the Predators or Aliens while leaving a gory mess in our wake.

I don't want to see Pretty Girl and Guy end up bonding while killing evil generic aliens. Transformers did that shit but it was a side note to the main theme of the movie, which was Giant Transforming Robots Are Coming to Fuck Your Shit.

Not Shia X Megan with something about a car with the power of love. That clinches it.

Michael Bay's Aliens versus Predator 3.

siliconenhanced on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Face it: we're the minority.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »

No, Hollywood producers are the minority. They just also happen to have all the power and influence that matters.

moniker on
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

The movie was pretty ridiculous and terrible but Riddick is so badass that it can't be bad.

But...it was bad. This isn't Pitch Black 2, or Escape from Butcher Bay we're talking about here. This is fucking Chronicles of Shitdick. Horrible, horrible fucking movie.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Michelle from 24!

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I don't know why directors think we want to relate to the "humans". Fuck no we don't. We want to have an escapist fantasy where we put ourselves in the role of the Predators or Aliens while leaving a gory mess in our wake.

I don't want to see Pretty Girl and Guy end up bonding while killing evil generic aliens. Transformers did that shit but it was a side note to the main theme of the movie, which was Giant Transforming Robots Are Coming to Fuck Your Shit.

Not Shia X Megan with something about a car with the power of love. That clinches it.

Michael Bay's Aliens versus Predator 3.
    I disagree, I'm fine with having humans to relate to in AvP. It's just that they need to look like this:
    645450201457a91079mcl9.jpg

-SPI- on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    -SPI- wrote: »

The only man to have his shit wrecked by a Xenomorph, a Predator and a Terminator.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Was I the only one disappointed that the sexual tension in the first AvP didn't go anywhere? Between the chick and the predator, I mean.

Glyph on
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited August 2007
    moniker wrote: »

No, Hollywood producers are the minority. They just also happen to have all the power and influence that matters.

I swear to god. They're basically the dumbest people on earth.

Also, the big new idea that makes a hell of a lot more sense is that really, the content/quality of any kind of media is only a small part of why it becomes popular. It's really up to the marketing, more than anything. Producers and execs are essentially shooting in the dark. There's really no way for them to know what will be successful or not.

I think honestly a lot more daring and original movies could do really well, except it's a self-fulfilling prophecy -- they don't get the marketing money. No buzz, no money.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

I

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Aemilius wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »

I swear to god. They're basically the dumbest people on earth.

Also, the big new idea that makes a hell of a lot more sense is that really, the content/quality of any kind of media is only a small part of why it becomes popular. It's really up to the marketing, more than anything. Producers and execs are essentially shooting in the dark. There's really no way for them to know what will be successful or not.

I think honestly a lot more daring and original movies could do really well, except it's a self-fulfilling prophecy -- they don't get the marketing money. No buzz, no money.

Still, that trailer looks nothing like the first film. Seriously, what a difference an R-rating makes. I'm glad the execs finally got the balls to drop the PG-13 bullshit for a film that actually shows what we pay to see; namely, humans and aliens getting their shit ruined. I'm starting to think we might actually see some predator on human pr0n.

My only issue is that the predators and xenomorphs seem to be teetering dangerously close to becoming teen slasher villains, only quicker. Definitely preferred the future setting. If there are going to be humans involved, I'd rather they be a bunch of cocky, battle-hardened space marines that at very least say something memorable when they die.

Glyph on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Judging by the awesome spear that sent the girl into the wall, the acid on the face, and the predator and alien action overall, in fact, this movie looks to be EXACTLY what I had hoped for from the first. The first turned into some campy buddy film about beating the aliens. Replace Predator with Mel Gibson, replace human with Danny Glover, and replace aliens with Russian mafia, or whatever.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Glyph wrote: »
    My only issue is that the predators and xenomorphs seem to be teetering dangerously close to becoming teen slasher villains, only quicker. Definitely preferred the future setting. If there are going to be humans involved, I'd rather they be a bunch of cocky, battle-hardened space marines that at very least say something memorable when they die.

It's a good point. The other movies had a storyline other than "OMG bad guys, but we know we're actually going to win" kind of thing. If it just becomes "Aliens and Predators eating/shooting humans" then that's crap. I feel that there should be some kind of contribution to the mythology, rather than "flimsyold crash-landing excuse for all three species to spend 2 hours together on screen".

devoir on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The order of the perfect movie would be: marines vs Predators (and marines sort of win). Predators vs Alien. marines and Predators vs Aliens. Marines get the fuck out and nuke something. End the movie with a chestburster killing a guy, and a Predator decloaking on their spaceship.

EDIT: Actually end it with the marine spaceship returning to a big space station and then xeno and Pred being shown.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    This movie looks okay. Judging by what I have seen from the trailer, if it was on TV I'd probably watch it.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Goumindong wrote: »
    that AVP doesnt have space marines is a huge huge problem. They were fucked once they killed the future part of it.
    Seriously. The entire idea of it taking place on modern day Earth is just beyond retarded.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    -SPI- wrote: »

The only man to have his shit wrecked by a Xenomorph, a Predator and a Terminator.

Dude, I had no idea! Your post is the best fucking observation of the year! :^:

LondonBridge on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    PREDATORS VS ALIENS VS BRUCE CAMPBELL

Need I say more?

precisionk on
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    PREDATORS VS ALIENS VS BRUCE CAMPBELL

Need I say more?

Just replace the K-Mart at the end with an S-Mart and we are ready to roll.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    At least this one's gorier than the last, that's a step in the right direction. It still reeks of B movie cheesiness but at least this time I know what to expect so I'll probably enjoy it more.

A big problem I had with the last one, and this one from the looks of the trailer is that they've done away with all of the suspense. What made the alien movies, and the first predator awesome was the pacing. This trailer has a distinct lack of dark cavernous tunnels with howling wind and dripping water.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    ...Michael Biehn was in Predator movies?

Echo on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    That's Bill Paxton, Echo.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Aaaah. Didn't look too closely, I just saw "Aliens" and "Terminator" and instantly thought "Michael Biehn". :P

Echo on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Echo wrote: »
    Aaaah. Didn't look too closely, I just saw "Aliens" and "Terminator" and instantly thought "Michael Biehn". :P

LOL, Gotta love James Cameron and his merry band. Michael Biehn, Arnie, Bill Paxton, Lance Henriksen and Jennette Goldstein.

LondonBridge on
  • Options
    CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Dangerous wrote: »
    At least this one's gorier than the last, that's a step in the right direction. It still reeks of B movie cheesiness but at least this time I know what to expect so I'll probably enjoy it more.

A big problem I had with the last one, and this one from the looks of the trailer is that they've done away with all of the suspense. What made the alien movies, and the first predator awesome was the pacing. This trailer has a distinct lack of dark cavernous tunnels with howling wind and dripping water.

To me, the two paragraphs you just said seem to contradict each other. In Alien there was very little gore at all, except maybe when the alien pops out of John Hurt. I suppose Predator has a lot more gore than that, but still, I don't see why "more gore" is a step in the right direction. If anything it makes the movie look incredibly obnoxious, since they seem to have spent more time and money on gore than on the myriad of other, more important things. Like good writing, story, characters, atmosphere, continuity...

CheerfulBear on
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The suspense was what made them great, but the gore made them even better. The first AVP was annoying partly because you couldn't tell what the hell was going on half the time. They'd cut and jar the camera around so much to avoid showing any guts.

Aliens was awesome because you knew once the alien dropped out of the grate behind someone it was going to splatter their brains on the wall. It heightened the tension that much more. So no, the gorey parts weren't what made the movies great but you can't deny they made them even more frightening.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg