As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

cardboard samura fan-art!

thephantomgentthephantomgent Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Artist's Corner
just wanted to share a drawing that i did,
enjoy all!

~nc

cardboardsamurai.jpg

thephantomgent on

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hahahah! Oh man, that's way awesome! Though the tube looks like a wooden sword without those stripes that run across it. Those triangles remind me of the Shinsengumi.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    good call, magic toaster!
    i just read a book on the shinsengumi. i wouldn't have guess too many other people knew about that.
    i've got to say, i just wondered into this forum recently and you guys blow me away with how awesome everyone here is.

you are right, i should have added the little lines but i wussed out.

maybe next time, eh?

thephantomgent on
  • Options
    lilchingch0nglilchingch0ng Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    his arms seem to be growing out of the sides of his head. his legs r broken, and he is cross-eyed. the uh tube he's holding, its broken, right where he grips it (lines arent consistent).

thats all for now, nice image btw.

lilchingch0ng on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    It's a good image overall, but I gotta say it--it looks like Gabe has some big ole titties.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I like the fact that the style is different from Gabe's. The pose bothers me though. The position of his feet are unnatural/painful. And his facial expression looks like he's biting his lip, not a very samurai thing to do. The piece has some good energy though. Keep on drawing!

NibCrom on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    thanks for the crit' gang!
    i'm glad this one is such a smashing success :)

thephantomgent on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Is this a thread for more attempts? I'm tempted...

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    just in case anyone was interested i thought i'd dump some more stuff in here.
    this is the black and white of the one seen above there...

action.jpg

and then there's this horror!
    my first run at this doodle.
    it lacks style and energy. i tried to force myself to draw through it, but there was no saving that drawing. although it does look a bit more like gabe...

lame.jpg

and tonkka, i'm a newcomer to these parts, and i'm afraid that i don't understand what you mean about a "thread for more attempts."
    if you are asking, am i going to take the criticism to heart and redraw this piece, then yes, it is. i have an idea for a more complete illustration that i'll tackle here shortly.
    and if you are asking can anyone attempt to redraw the pose and show me how another artist would have done things differently then yes as well, i'd love to see someone else's take.

and if i've missed the point compleltely then i apologise, what with the sucking and all.

thephantomgent on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited August 2007
    I think he was asking if you'd mind if other people posted their CTS fanart renditions in here as sort of a general activity, or if you'd rather keep this thread focused on your stuff specifically.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I think he was asking if you'd mind if other people posted their CTS fanart renditions in here as sort of a general activity, or if you'd rather keep this thread focused on your stuff specifically.

Precisely. I try to be cryptic... ;)

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    CrowlestonCrowleston Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    there is the problem on both pieces, that was mentioned in an earlier post, that the tubes do not line up when they are broken by the hands. It may just be inconsistent inking in the second one though.

Crowleston on
    useless but necessary objects of society.
  • Options
    edited August 2007

aha, thank you for clearing that up angel of bacon.
    any and all cardboard samurai fanart more than welcome.
    go nuts, tonkka!

thephantomgent on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

aha, thank you for clearing that up angel of bacon.
    any and all cardboard samurai fanart more than welcome.
    go nuts, tonkka!

DON'T MIND IF I DO!

Tonkka on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The Shinsengumi are in Rurouni Kenshin.

Johannen on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Johannen wrote: »

Also on an HNK soap known as... get this... Shinsengumi!

hide-recruit-pouting.jpg

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Johannen wrote: »

Also on an HNK soap known as... get this... Shinsengumi!

hide-recruit-pouting.jpg

I've never seen it, and it looks piss poor.

Johannen on