As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unfinished Business - Games You Liked But Never Compl

• Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    What? You have to be woefully underleveled to not be able to beat Sephiroth. Did you just run away from every fight in the crater?

No, I just never GOT to the crater.

I seem to lose all my steam just before the crater.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So was this thread title a joke, or a hilarious coincidence?

Anyway, I've always loved FF4, but never could beat Zeromus. And by that point, I just don't feel like leveling up anymore. Same with 7 and 9, for that matter.

The secret to Zeromus is Life 3 spam and getting Edge to throw every weapon you've ever found, ever, at him. His throw ability is remarkable effective against Zeromus.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Metroid Prime. The very last bit before the final boss, at the Impact Crater or whatever. Screw going through that area again each time I want to fight the boss. It's the very end though, so this is not a big deal.
    This is why, to this day, I have not beaten MP. Some day I'll probably go back and finish it, but it's just a pain in the ass to go through the whole area. I don't want to be short missiles and health when I reach the final boss, and I don't want to have to make an entire journey to him on each attempt.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Uh guys.

Impact crater.

You just run like hell and drop like two super bombs maybe.

It's not that hard.

august on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    august wrote: »
    Uh guys.

Impact crater.

It's not that hard.

Yeah, I used to try and fight my way through it... Very bad idea. There is no shame in running like hell. It's really just a test of how you developed your ability to platform in the game. You can get through it untouched.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yeah. It was a little frustrating at first, but infinitely spawning very difficult enemies are pretty obviously a developers way of telling you to run.

august on
  • Options
    JCRooksJCRooks Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    darleysam wrote: »
    RPGs. I actually realised today that i've never finished an RPG. I've played:
    FFVII (started levelling up to fight all the different Weapons, got bored, stopped)
    FFVIII (rented it a few times, got bored)
    FFX (Blitzball appealed more than the main game, lost interest)
    KOTOR (managed to find the one path that meant i couldn't finish the game, never went back to try again)
    Fable (probably bought something else about half-way through, actually started again recently, hope i'll finish it..)
    System Shock 2 (seem to get to the same point every time, then just forget about it)
    Oblivion (get sidetracked, get upset by my framerate, play something else)

Anyone seeing a pattern? I think my attention span is getting progressively worse :(

Good lord, maybe RPGs aren't for you anymore? Sorry, I don't mean to sound like an asshat, but there are some genres that people grow out of. For me, it's that way with platformers. I just stopped playing them, and haven't regretted it since.

Anyway, I never finished KoToR II. It's one of the few RPGs I haven't finished. I think I was scared off by all the Internet-wide complaining that the game was unfinished, or something. (Well, that and all the planet hopping started to get really boring)

JCRooks on
    Xbox LIVE, Steam, Twitter, etc. ...
    Gamertag: Rooks
    - Don't add me, I'm at/near the friend limit :)

Steam: JC_Rooks

Twitter: http://twitter.com/JiunweiC

I work on this: http://www.xbox.com
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm ashamed to admit I never finished Majora's Mask.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Uh guys.

Impact crater.

It's not that hard.

It's not hard so much as fucking annoying.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    JCRooks wrote: »
    FFVII (started levelling up to fight all the different Weapons, got bored, stopped)
    KOTOR (managed to find the one path that meant i couldn't finish the game, never went back to try again)
    Fable (probably bought something else about half-way through, actually started again recently, hope i'll finish it..)
    System Shock 2 (seem to get to the same point every time, then just forget about it)

Anyone seeing a pattern? I think my attention span is getting progressively worse :(

Good lord, maybe RPGs aren't for you anymore? Sorry, I don't mean to sound like an asshat, but there are some genres that people grow out of. For me, it's that way with platformers. I just stopped playing them, and haven't regretted it since.

Anyway, I never finished KoToR II. It's one of the few RPGs I haven't finished. I think I was scared off by all the Internet-wide complaining that the game was unfinished, or something. (Well, that and all the planet hopping started to get really boring)

You can't blame him on Oblivion. The sidequests are more fun to go through than the main story. Hence why I haven't finished the game yet. I don't intend to either. The main story involves more in-your-face combat than the guild story lines, where you have to be sneaky or clever about how you do things.

Henroid on
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Spider-man 3.

there was on boss-fight where you had to go through one, guy, but then he would run away and turn into a fucking invisi-panther and rape you while giant lizards were kicking your corpse. Even when i got past him there was an even BIGGER lizard and the only way to kill him was to throw him into four small objects using the most inaccurate attack ever.

That and hearing Parker say "AGH! THE SUIT! IN...PAIN!" every fucking time he got a splinter in his ass.

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    JCRooksJCRooks Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Henroid wrote: »
    You can't blame him on Oblivion. The sidequests are more fun to go through than the main story. Hence why I haven't finished the game yet. I don't intend to either. The main story involves more in-your-face combat than the guild story lines, where you have to be sneaky or clever about how you do things.
    Well not finishing a game here and there, that's fine. But not being able to finish any RPG is probably a sign. ;-)

It reminds me of something Garnett said at the 1UP Yours! panel at PAX. If you ever find yourself becoming jaded by games, make sure you actually finish them. Starting 7 games but never finishing any of them, is unfortunately a good way to eventually become disinterested in the hobby we all enjoy.

Anyway, back to Oblivion, I'll agree that the guild story lines were much more interesting than the main quest. Yeah, I originally did them because I wanted my 1000 pt achievement, but they ended up being so much more entertaining (especially the assassin's guild).

JCRooks on
    Xbox LIVE, Steam, Twitter, etc. ...
    Gamertag: Rooks
    - Don't add me, I'm at/near the friend limit :)

Steam: JC_Rooks

Twitter: http://twitter.com/JiunweiC

I work on this: http://www.xbox.com
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

I'm gonna have to ask you to change your avatar.

There ain't room on these here forums for TWO classy Nintendo chaps.

And I've got Ice Beam, so I'm at an advantage ;)

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    JetBlackCenterJetBlackCenter Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Chakan - The forever man.

I've had it since I was like, 8.

It's WAY too fucking hard.

JetBlackCenter on
    schoolrumble4wh6zd.gif341.gif
    BRAWL CODE: 3866-7685-8500
  • Options
    MasoniteMasonite Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Harrier wrote: »
    I'm ashamed to admit I never finished Majora's Mask.

How far did you make it? Did you at least get to try out the Zora mask?

Masonite on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Bastard!

LMAO, JBC I scrolled to the Topic Review just before clicking reply. I have to comment on that.

What the FUCK was going on in that game? I played it on the Sega Channel (RIP) (so I'm running on over a decade old memory of it) and had no clue what I was doing. The hero was like, what, a vampire dude with two swords? I didn't beat a single stage in it.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Uh guys.

Impact crater.

It's not that hard.

It's not hard so much as fucking annoying.

If you were short missiles and heath you were doing it wrong.

august on
  • Options
    EliteDoomMasterEliteDoomMaster Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    RPGs seem to hate me.

FF8 - I was on the third disc, working on getting GFs and ultimate weapons, etc. Then my memory card shits itself, and erases some 50 odd game saves. I just shrugged, said 'meh whatever' and haven't really gone back to it since.

Oblivion - I've started numerous times, uninstalled, reinstalled, and finally got into the game. Got a house, saw some NPC be the most hardcore NPC I've ever seen and takes on a bear with his bare hands. Then I accidentally deleted my save after a format, 40+ hours poof. Haven't loaded it back up.

Xenosaga - I'm about halfway through the game on some gnosis ship, my characters are all under level 20, and I get my ass kicked in any fight I get into. I feel I might be underleveled, so I haven't tried in a while.

Other then that..

Chaos Legion was fun until I made the mistake of using the power gem on my newly acquired Thanatos, it raised all of the various levels of experience to ridiculous levels, I've..been slowly...working on it...

Breakdown - I got to the white room near the end where you fight 6 Guard T'lans, and 4 other waves, after numerous tries and only getting to the final wave once I gave up.

Most other games I just get side tracked, but lately I've been doing good in beating most games I get. So, in due time I should finish all of my games..but the backlog is huge, some day though, some day.

EliteDoomMaster on
    Don't fuck with Mel Gibson, yo.
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Masonite wrote: »
    Let's see..

There's Morrowind, which I compulsively restart whenever I seem to be making progress.

Icewind Dale 2; I can never decide on party composition. The farthest I've made it is to the start of the Ice Temple, but even then, that was with a solo character.

I was having fun with TLJ, until I came across a roadblock and moved on to other things. I think I had made it past the chaos storm.

The same thing happened with Torment. I'd found out about the night hag, but couldn't figure out how to make it into the foundry. I'm not looking to be spoiler'd on this one.

Shadows of Undrentide; I always play a halfling bard with Dorna as my companion. It's a horrible combination, I know, which is why I've never finished. I've ventured around the flying city, but I've never managed to complete the Three Winds quest. This is also the reason why I haven't started HotU.

I encountered a game-breaking bug near the end of S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and never bothered to restart. I'll probably pick that up again in a couple years, hopefully when GSC puts out a few more patches.

Disgaea. I don't even remember where I was in terms of the story, maybe chapter 7? I spend too much time in the Item World.

That's probably all of them. I'm pretty good at finishing games, if I have the time to.

I don't care what psychological hangups you have about starting sequels when you haven't finished the prequels, go and make a level 15 character in HotU and finish it. It is the best of that engine, period. I say I like never winter nights sometimes, but what I really mean is I like HotU.

*casts a Geas on Masonite for good measure*

Do iiiiitttt.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I dont think I will ever 5 star every GHII song on Hard and Expert.

Fuck you Crazy on You, Fuck you

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Let's see..

There's Morrowind, which I compulsively restart whenever I seem to be making progress.

Icewind Dale 2; I can never decide on party composition. The farthest I've made it is to the start of the Ice Temple, but even then, that was with a solo character.

I was having fun with TLJ, until I came across a roadblock and moved on to other things. I think I had made it past the chaos storm.

The same thing happened with Torment. I'd found out about the night hag, but couldn't figure out how to make it into the foundry. I'm not looking to be spoiler'd on this one.

Shadows of Undrentide; I always play a halfling bard with Dorna as my companion. It's a horrible combination, I know, which is why I've never finished. I've ventured around the flying city, but I've never managed to complete the Three Winds quest. This is also the reason why I haven't started HotU.

I encountered a game-breaking bug near the end of S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and never bothered to restart. I'll probably pick that up again in a couple years, hopefully when GSC puts out a few more patches.

Disgaea. I don't even remember where I was in terms of the story, maybe chapter 7? I spend too much time in the Item World.

That's probably all of them. I'm pretty good at finishing games, if I have the time to.

I don't care what psychological hangups you have about starting sequels when you haven't finished the prequels, go and make a level 15 character in HotU and finish it. It is the best of that engine, period. I say I like never winter nights sometimes, but what I really mean is I like HotU.

Do iiiiitttt.

Even if I wanted to, I don't have the game with me, and I don't have a computer here capable of running it.

Masonite on
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Okami. The story is sorta fun, and I guess I want to see how it ends, but I feel like it already should have ended, and the combat is so bland there's really nothing in that arena to keep me going. I'm on the positive side of the fence when it comes to this game, but I just can't put it ahead of other things in my queue.

Pb on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    This is probably the wrong place to post this, since you all probably have been addicted to WoW at some point, but I could never get the motivation to level a character past lvl 55.

I have every class at 55 except my 53 druid, and its like at 55 I hit a big wall which won't let me force myself to go past that.

I feel that if I do force myself eventually to level a character to 56 that my interest will be rekindled and I'll blaze to 70, or 80...but meh.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    This is probably the wrong place to post this, since you all probably have been addicted to WoW at some point, but I could never get the motivation to level a character past lvl 55.

I have every class at 55 except my 53 druid, and its like at 55 I hit a big wall which won't let me force myself to go past that.

I feel that if I do force myself eventually to level a character to 56 that my interest will be rekindled and I'll blaze to 70, or 80...but meh.

I stopped playing before the expansion but 56 is not the magical number, 60 is. 56-60 are (or were) a gigantic fucking chore, just grinding the plaguelands and BRD runs. Ugh.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I've never touched WoW, nor any other MMO save for Puzzle Pirates. That was the one and only exception.

Masonite on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Let's see..

Do iiiiitttt.

Even if I wanted to, I don't have the game with me, and I don't have a computer here capable of running it.

Well I guess you'll just have to go and get one then, before your limbs drop off and you wither away.

Seriously, next chance you get, have a go. It's pretty good.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »

I stopped playing before the expansion but 56 is not the magical number, 60 is. 56-60 are (or were) a gigantic fucking chore, just grinding the plaguelands and BRD runs. Ugh.

Good news though! I hear the amount of experience needed to level from 20 to 60 is being reduced!

... okay carry on.

Henroid on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

haha, it's cool, like i said elsewhere, i tend to be a completionist. I'm fine playing through a game again to 'see everything' (like with a guide or knowing where new stuff is), if it only takes me a few hours to do so. When an RPG clocks in over 20 hours, i want to see everything first time, which ultimately leads to me getting bored and finding a new game. It's a shame, because this comes in direct contrast to my affection for open-endedness and not being on a completely linear path.
    For instance, i'm practically giddy over Mass Effect, but i'm afraid it'll be another i just won't finish. Seems ludicrous now, but i'm paranoid:(
    Games i actually stop playing out of frustration are more action/adventure or platformer games. Ones where i can get easily stuck on a level, and only through sheer practice and skill improvement (that for me, is above the normal curve of the game), are the ones i'll try to avoid, or know i'll give up on mid-game.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Unfairness of bosses seems to be a big killer for folk.

I never finished Final Fantasy 10 because I reached a boss that I wasn't prepared for. But I took her on anyway, whittled her health down over a half hour of repetitive fighting, and then she changed forms and cast Megadeath which killed everyone in my party.
    So I thought... fuck, I could be off doing so much more than replaying that last half hour, especially when I didn't enjoy it in the least. Ejected the game, took it back to the shop that day.

ruzkin on
    g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Bastard!

LMAO, JBC I scrolled to the Topic Review just before clicking reply. I have to comment on that.

What the FUCK was going on in that game? I played it on the Sega Channel (RIP) (so I'm running on over a decade old memory of it) and had no clue what I was doing. The hero was like, what, a vampire dude with two swords? I didn't beat a single stage in it.

Chakan the Foreverman was an AWESOME game. It's story was great, too. It was basically "the devil went down to georgia" in video game form.

Chakan is a hyper badass who has been vanquishing foes in world conquest or something when death begins to take notice. Death challenges Chakan to a fight to the death, with the reward being eternal life. Chakan whooped Death's ass handily.

But unfortunately, eternal life means an eternal life of suffering, and in order to die, Chakan must wage war on all forms of evil in order to revive death. Only when all evil is dead will Chakan be allowed to die and end his torment.

Badass game. They were making a Dreamcast sequel which eventually became Soul Reaver (or one of the games in the series).

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    ruzkin wrote: »
    Unfairness of bosses seems to be a big killer for folk.

I never finished Final Fantasy 10 because I reached a boss that I wasn't prepared for. But I took her on anyway, whittled her health down over a half hour of repetitive fighting, and then she changed forms and cast Megadeath which killed everyone in my party.
    So I thought... fuck, I could be off doing so much more than replaying that last half hour, especially when I didn't enjoy it in the least. Ejected the game, took it back to the shop that day.

I hated that about FFX, some of the bosses just showed up and fucked your shit right up, my way of fighting them for a guaranteed win was basically to get everyone with an overdrive and then just unleash it on the boss, sometimes if I was really bothered I'd get every Aeon an overdrive and just unleash a double Bahamut on them, which was just so good! Then all the other Aeons joined in.

It was the worst way ever to fight the bosses but it worked, then I got all the ultimate weapons and unlocked all their skills and got triple overdrive and was like getting a full bar after each fight which made the game so easy! Wakka and the Attack Reels!

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Spoilers are a real killer for me. Stopping a game because something has been spoiled for me has happened on multiple occasions, no matter how insignificant or minute they might be. It's all in my head, I know, and most of the time it doesn't matter, but it can really ruin a game for me.

It happened with Suikoden 5, it happened with LoK: Defiance and it happened yesterday with Bioshock.

I fucking love Bioshock, and I've been anxiously awaiting it ever since it was announced, so it really hurts that I had some of the endgame spoiled for me. Honestly, I can't bring myself to pick up the controller again, and there's very little I can do about it. I know it's psychological, as an endgame spoiler is only a tiny portion of the story/game as a whole. But I can't dismiss it and every time I play the game this thing will be stuck in my head, impeding my enjoyment.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I read some of the spoilers for BioShock but I think my mind blanked them out because when I got to those places I was like "oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh" then a splicer jumped me and it was back to blasting!

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Lets see my list of blasphemous transgressions. I started but never finished:

Final Fantasy 3/6 Still mean to pick this up on the GBA and polish it off. Maybe before my trip, I'll be spending a lot of time on a place in September.

Morrowind & Oblivion. The games just seemed way too pointless to me. Some people love the whole wide world gaming approach, I like to have at least some direction. Direction thats actually interesting. The main plots seem like such afterthoughts with those games.

I never beat Ocarina of Time. Got stuck in the temple at the bottom of that well. This was ages ago though, now that its out on the VC I'm tempted to try again.

Somewhat less shamefully I never beat:

Final Fantasy X-2. I got all the way to the end, and just stopped. Can't remember why. Wasn't even that I got stuck on a boss. Guess I just lost my motivation.

Splinter Cell 2, whichever subtitle that had. After an incredibly frustrating play through the first Splinter Cell, this game drove me absolutely nuts. I'm currently trying to sell the both of them on craigslist.

Panzer Dragoon Orta. On my first playthrough I just never found enough upgrade canisters and got stuck later on. Then I never bothered to restart. Oops. Maybe one day.

Onimusha 2. I got stuck on the swordsman boss, the 2nd time you fight him. For the life of me I could NEVER master the counter attacks in this game. I just couldn't do it. As such, I could never touch this boss. It doesn't help that it was the 2nd boss in a row you fight, and I used up all my potions on the previous bitch. I got so frustrated with this game I bent the controller in two. Then I shattered it into as many peices as I could. This is the only time that has ever happened.

Namrok on
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oblivion: Did the assassin's guild sidequest, got up to Listener. Did some other sidequests, but then decided to go back to the main quest. I found my death from afar marksman barely even scratched the creatures in oblivion, and I got mauled repeatedly, so gave up after trying to level up some melee skills for awhile. I realize the failing was mine, but I can't bring myself to invest the repetitive time to fix the deficiency.

Doom 3: Got so repetitive it wasn't scary or even fun. The best levels were hell with the special effects, but those were over SO FAST it wasn't even funny.

Gears of War: I tried so hard to play it, but I wasn't prepared for how different the gameplay was from other FPS shooters and then I got FFXII.

FFXII: I actually enjoyed it and have finished all of it except Yiazmat. I got there and went "A 4+ hour bossfight? Uhhh no." and haven't touched it since. Also, it looks like ASS with component video on an HDTV :-(

Pokemon Pearl: I enjoy the battles, except for all the stupid text screens I can't immediately dismiss like "it continues to rain." I pick it up, play awhile, then put it back down when that stuff bugs me.

WoW: Loved the game, but the drive to play more and more just to keep up got to me and I haven't gone back since.

EVE: I really REALLY like big spaceships. But it takes FOREVER to really fly one. I'm not a small spaceship kinda guy, I love me some big guns. Can't stand that it was going to take so long to fly one and that the journey there was going to be a lot of "you can't do that yet very well, so do this lesser thing so you don't get destroyed immediately when someone finds you"

There are others, but the main candidate seems to be "the gameplay and/or story isn't that great and there's this other game that captures me over here."

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I dont think I ever died once in FFX.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eric.eric. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Majora's Mask. I really need to finish that game, its such a gem. Maybe I'll do that today..

I remember I just got the Zora mask.

eric. on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    eric. wrote: »
    Majora's Mask. I really need to finish that game, its such a gem. Maybe I'll do that today..

I remember I just got the Zora mask.

I think that's a bad place to stop. I think the Zora mask is the coolest of the transformation masks.

Peewi on
  • Options
    JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

The only way I have ever completed SS2 was doing online co-op with a friend of mine. Even then, we will play it for like 5 hours one night, then not touch it for a month, continue on for another so many hours, rinse and repeat. We get sidetracked now because we tend to console spawn different mobs to toughen it up a bit. If you ever want to play SS2 co-op some night, I think it supports up to 3 players... we can finish it man... WE CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I always *almost* finish Paper Mario games...meaning I get all the way to the last boss then give it up. I think it's because I know I don't get anything special for killing the last boss besides a cutscene. I mean c'mon, a new pixl (or a new badge, or whatever the game's mechanic is), or something for finishing the game please.

That and I usually come in to the fight underprepared, and don't feel like starting all over in the chapter to actually get properly ready for the battle.

Both my Paper Mario 2 and Super Paper Mario game saves are sitting at the last save block before the last boss. I pick it up every once in a while to try to finish the game, but it's just like "meh, close enough".

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!