As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The NVidia Contest "Wish I would've found you" Thread

RedmondKCRedmondKC Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
Just a place for people to post their comments/numbrs/stories about that blasted NVidia Contest. Is it just me, or do they always have the absolutely most invasive contest possible each year? (remembers the grey shirts).

Anyways, my number was 57265.

Also, did anyone get a chance to jot down the raffle winning numbers? I just found my ticket (didn't realize I had it until just now), and want to torture myself with the potential knowledge that I won something but didn't collect.

Redmond
Dude with Lightsabers PAX 06 and 07.
Producer/Writer/Voice Actor/Machinimator/Community Relations Manager ---- Apt T Productions
RedmondKC on

• SimplicitySimplicity Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It was crap lol. Both people around my numbers got matches. Extremely lame for my case.

I just remember having fun starting the Nvidia # thread with my friends in our hotel room lol. Also starting up the signs :D It was fun trying to find our numbers =]

Simplicity on
  • ParamnesiaParamnesia Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My friend and I were numbers 56699 and 57036, but knowing my luck, the owners of their counterparts were only there one day out of three. I weep.

NVidia should have switched the font size of the number and text. The numbers were so tiny.

Paramnesia on
    "Right now I'm having amnesia and deja-vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

Awesome Artist and Awesomer Friend.
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
  • Soda241Soda241 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Sadly eoungh, I found my match when pax was over :) and everything was close, We both kind just stare at each other and was like NO WAY?! but it was over by then at less most of you didn't find yours.

Soda241 on
  • MagicallyStupidMagicallyStupid Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It pissed me off to no end the Nvidia people actually gave numbers to people that were only there for one day. That to me is low, low to the point where I'm considering the idea of starting up a PA ban on their products. Those sick sadistic sonovabitches.

MagicallyStupid on
    My sig can beat up your sig!
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Not every number had a match anyway. Or so the tales say.

*Hugs his 8600 GTS, but it's installed in his computer and running and so it burns him. Ow*

Houn on
  • JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yes, because they owe you free stuff.

Right.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • MagicallyStupidMagicallyStupid Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    They didn't owe me anything, but they also didn't have to make it so damn hard to win ANYTHING... I mean honestly was their something wrong with the polls or the raffle? Because last I checked those were fine.

MagicallyStupid on
    My sig can beat up your sig!
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Worst idea, or the worstest idea?

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • TehBugTehBug Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'll have a simple online database ready by next year, just in case this thing happens again for PAX08 (gonna be easy enough to make anyhow).

~Bug
    Nvidia #56017

TehBug on
    ~TehBug
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I don't tolerate shit like this. I think it was bad form for Nvidia/bfgtech to do this to their loyal customers.

Viscountalpha on
  • hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I don't know if you guys noticed, but there was an online database this year and because of people won a bunch of stuff including an 8800 Ultra and an 8800GTS.

hobbseltoff on
    row1.pngrow2.png
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    This system is better than having a thousand people swarm around a booth on Sunday afternoon, in my opinion.

b0wser on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    b0wser wrote: »
    This system is better than having a thousand people swarm around a booth on Sunday afternoon, in my opinion.

good point. But the button thing is kinda lame imho. There should be a better way then matching button numbers. I didn't care for the nvidia booth this year. Winning an 8800gts doesn't seem exciting when I don't really have a need for it.

Do a drawing and then mail out the cards via email. It doesn't have to suck and be annoying like this.

Viscountalpha on
  • skwisgaar Skwigelfskwisgaar Skwigelf Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I spent the last hour or so of day three of PAX trying to find my number. I was no. 58576. My friend traded his button in for a new one at the nvidia booth and then he got a phone call from a person with the same number as the one he just traded in. I still feel sorry for the guy...

skwisgaar Skwigelf on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    "Let me be the first to tell you you look like shit".
    DJFenderStradt.png
  • hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I spent the last hour or so of day three of PAX trying to find my number. I was no. 58576. My friend traded his button in for a new one at the nvidia booth and then he got a phone call from a person with the same number as the one he just traded in. I still feel sorry for the guy...

It was the same pin, the NVIDIA people were too lazy to open a new box so they started giving back the same pins people traded in.

hobbseltoff on
    row1.pngrow2.png
This discussion has been closed.