As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Through the Greatwood Dead] DETHKOK and Jester313 Memorial Thread

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ardor's going to show us his rosy, rosy cheeks.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ardor's going to show us his rosy, rosy cheeks.

:D

you may thank me, all

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Mmmm.........excellent.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    DamnedLibrarianDamnedLibrarian Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Hey what's up down here. This is way exciting.

My picks for the other team:
    PrecisionK, Elendil, and Raakam

Rosy cheeks?

DamnedLibrarian on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Once the deal got mentioned, I figured you were most definitely innocent, because seriously, you would not have made that deal if you weren't

P10 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Once the deal got mentioned, I figured you were most definitely innocent, because seriously, you would not have made that deal if you weren't
    FINALLY I HAVE FIGURED OUT THE TACTIC TO MAKE MYSELF NOT SEEM EVIL WHEN I AM GOOD

YOU SEE THE OCCASION IS SO COMMEMORATIVE IT IT DESERVES CAPS

SUCK IT!

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Of course Hakk, I was dead at that point. So a load of good it did you.
    I enjoy crushing all of your hopes and dreams <3

P10 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    IT IT?

Caps and a double it.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    We masons sure did a lot. And by a lot I mean nothing. Where's the good network at?

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    We masons sure did a lot. And by a lot I mean nothing. Where's the good network at?

At your feet, stillborn because you failed to do anything.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    XevoXevo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Wow so all the Masons are dead, then?

edit: And yeah, the good guy network, for what it was, was basically me & DA, and DA & TehSpectre, and you guys, who never made contact with any outed special (or their mouthpiece, in DA's case). Oh and there's also Furic's loyal vote-caller/vig?

Anyway, bad guys can't lose because there was no good guy communication... go goodies!

Xevo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    IT IT?

Caps and a double it.

Commemoration.

And Marx, you were evil anyway :P

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    IT IT?

Caps and a double it.

Commemoration.

I was good, but you and your evil anti-haiku agenda turned me bitter and angry

god, I have to repeat myself so often about this

P10 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

You were evil when you died, all that mattered.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

To be fair, not every new person is gonna see your role reveal here right away, might wanna link em to it. And the first time I read it, I still didn't realize you started out a good guy special and made yourself into a bad guy special. Hell, at this point, you might as well tell us who you copied and what abilities they had, as the game is basically already over anyway (bad guys win, go no communication!)

Xevo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

You were evil when you died, all that mattered.
    I'd blame Ardor right now, but I kind of feel bad for him.

P10 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Xevo: I'm not going to say it, because there have been previous games where dead baddies can talk to their living buddies, and even though it's not likely, I don't want my pal pissed off at me because I slipped their name

Also, the whole cheating aspect.

P10 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Frostee is Babe Ruth, calling the shot!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=2793562&postcount=1761

Don't we suspect him to be evil, though? Also, I think it's funny that (probably) the last of the Cult of Transcendent Truth bad guys is gonna be making it his mission to find and kill the 3 other bad guys... So maybe Frostee is one of them, and added a 4th person he figured was unpopular enough to seem reasonable? Also, I don't think he actually knows the other 3, I just find the idea that he's the last Cult member trying to kill of the other bad guy faction so that he can win to be pretty funny.

Xevo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Xevo: I'm not going to say it, because there have been previous games where dead baddies can talk to their living buddies, and even though it's not likely, I don't want my pal pissed off at me because I slipped their name

Meh, fair enough, but odds are good that the final good special dies in 2 narrations at the most, at which point the bad guys officially win.

Xevo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Xevo wrote: »

Meh, fair enough, but odds are good that the final good special dies in 2 narrations at the most, at which point the bad guys officially win.
    Xevo the two different badguy teams are competing against each other. Each team has to outnumber the other and the remaining villagers.

So the game's still on, pal.

P10 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Xevo the two different badguy teams are competing against each other. Each team has to outnumber the other and the remaining villagers.

So the game's still on, pal.
    Xevo's an ever flowing font of misinformation and misunderstandings. I wouldn't sweat it Marx.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I meant realistically over, not actually over. 1 Kill a day vs. 4 isn't much of a fight.

Xevo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    So long as two bad guy factions exist the village has a decent chance of being the only thing left standing.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Xevo wrote: »
    I meant realistically over, not actually over. 1 Kill a day vs. 4 isn't much of a fight.
    The village can still win if the baddies mostly wipe each other out in the crossfire. It's less likely at this point, but don't consider the village down and out yet. The vote manipulator and the guardian are still alive....I think..?

P10 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    The village can still win if the baddies mostly wipe each other out in the crossfire. It's less likely at this point, but don't consider the village down and out yet. The vote manipulator and the guardian are still alive....I think..?
    I haven't been paying very close attention but have we any reason to actually think a guardian exists?

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Locus told me so, so yeah.

P10 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    If they've spent the entire game guarding themselves I shall vote them day 1 until the end of time.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I'm guessing they probably have.
    *cough* Who do I know who would do that? *cough*

P10 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Yes let me wipe away my tears of laughter... the extent of guarding the good side had was seen in my death... That is to say, a whole lot of nothing. It seems like the way this game was supposed to be played was I was supposed to get lucky on seering a mason, and hopefully we would hook up with the vig and find either bad guys or vanillas and kill/network them each night. Meanwhile, the badguys hopefully hit one another occasionally. But yeah, that implies that there was some network forming, and that I didn't get myself bandwagoned day 1, so, you know...

Xevo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Did Locus ever tell you guys what rule was broken that night he got all authoritative and grr?

And I am seriously starting to get annoyed at how the good guys are always losing nowadays.

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Xevo, you can't just blame the game, because the village wins all the time. Tons of mistakes were made this game.
    You revealing yourself after the slightest hint of the vote going your way was one.

P10 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Did Locus ever tell you guys what rule was broken that night he got all authoritative and grr?

And I am seriously starting to get annoyed at how the good guys are always losing nowadays.
    He told me someone shared their non-fluff role PM

The Revolution game was super close, though. Logan was the only survivor in all of France.

P10 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Pah. Networks are bonus. We wouldn't need one to win.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

There is absolutely no justification for blaming the game mechanics in this one. The good guys have thrown away every chance they've gotten.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Uh, it should be fairly obvious based on what you deduced thus far that I was pretty actively trying to keep networks from forming. I nearly panicked when DA called Jester313's death.

Edit: Also, I tried so so hard to make the mechanics balanced. Yeah, the badguys have some cool abilities, but so did you guys. I didn't expect you to kill the backup plan (the Actor), force your seer to out himself and ultimately die, and then kill the one guy who was getting anything done (the Ranger).

Locus on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Are there mechanical disincentives for people to have not contacted me?

Also, vigilantes are by far the easiest method of getting a network formed though anybody with verifiable abilities is an issue with regards to that.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I'm really not blaming the mechanics, just saying that it seems rather unlikely that we could win via networking... and apparently this was as Locus planned. Well, I'll reserve judgment that the game is over yet, but I'll still be really suprised to see the good guys win.

Xevo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

There is absolutely no justification for blaming the game mechanics in this one. The good guys have thrown away every chance they've gotten.

I'm not blaming the mechanics, I'm just frustrated at our innocent incompetence in the last couple of games.

I want to be a special one daaay

Or even eviiiill

I have potential, I know it!

Also thanks a lot Locus, you have me dead on top of DamnedLibrarian. Now everyone's going to talk and assumptions will be made and you know what happens when you assume? You make an ass of you and I die.

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    No, I really did expect you to have a network by the end of the night. There are mechanical disincentives to coming out as a mouthpiece though (the Mercenaries being an exception to this).

Locus on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Also, vigilantes are by far the easiest method of getting a network formed though anybody with verifiable abilities is an issue with regards to that.
    you got screwed over with your instant network plan because hey, there were no other kills that night besides the vote, which was easy to spin as suspicious.

also, the mechanical disadvantages would be the goo.

P10 on