As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[HUNT ON] Monster Hunter Freedom 2 - Keep on Huntin'

• Options
    DarkSymphonyDarkSymphony Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ohhhh so wait a sec, throughout the course of this game you generally end up using multiple types of weapons for certain kills? are you able to have this knowledge before you take a quest or is it necessary to make a dummy-run and find out what the monster is like, return to the village and then make the proper acomodations?

or does it not work like that? I hope it doesn't work like that :(

and yes I'm getting used tot he L trigger. It's a lil clunky, but it works in its own way.

DarkSymphony on
  • Options
    StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    When in doubt I use a longsword, but yeah, certain monsters are a better fight with certain weapons.

Example: Fatalis dies to Akantor Bow. Meleeing him sucks.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well, it usually takes a bit of trial and error, but you'll find that different weapon types (and just as important, different elemental types) will make a huge difference in how the fight goes.

I guess by default, if you see that you have to fight a -drome, for example, you'll know that a lance is probably a poor choice just because of its slowness, particularly compared to the fast movement a -drome takes. You could technically look up online what, in general, are particular monster weaknesses, or ideal weapons for it, but otherwise, I'd say after the first couple of attempts on a quest, you might figure out that tactics need to change.

While you may want to focus on a particular weapon style or two initially, once you start getting the hang of things you'll want to try others as well. In MHF1, I was all about sword and shield. MHF2's S&S is a bit weaker, so I switched to the longsword. But now I'm finding that Hammer is aces (once I figured out how to use it effectively), or that a bow works nice on annoying large monsters like plesioth (being out of range of tail whips and hip checks, and just plunking away when he's spraying water in a direction other than where I'm standing).

Elemental attributes also can make a big difference. Monsters are generally weak to one or two elements, while having strong resistances to others. For example, your giadrome is a creature found in the snowy mountains. You'd assume that ice-based attacks would do less damage to a creature that, lives in the snow. Fire, on the other hand......

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    If you look at the armor you make out of the monster, it will tell you the elemental weakness.

Armor's weak to ice? Monster is weak to ice.

Stigma on
  • Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ohhhh so wait a sec, throughout the course of this game you generally end up using multiple types of weapons for certain kills? are you able to have this knowledge before you take a quest or is it necessary to make a dummy-run and find out what the monster is like, return to the village and then make the proper acomodations?

or does it not work like that? I hope it doesn't work like that :(

and yes I'm getting used tot he L trigger. It's a lil clunky, but it works in its own way.

What game are you playing? Freedom 2 or Portable 2nd G? Do you have a ps3? If so, we could play a couple missions through adhoc party and I can show you how things are done.

Svevin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Stigma wrote: »
    If you look at the armor you make out of the monster, it will tell you the elemental weakness.

Likewise you can look at the monster weakness charts on gamefaqs.

corin7 on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    yeah I've got a PS3 with ad-hoc party (the JPN download), but seriously I'm so bad at this game it's embaressing. I've never been so utterly defeated by a game lol. Showing me around and showing me how things are done would be awesome, but seriously I suck. I don't want to shame the great players around here any.

DarkSymphony on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    As far as item use, there are three broad categories of items that you'll bring to a hunt:
    1) Disablers - Items that can disable a monster. Some monsters are immune to Pit Traps, while others are immune to Flash Bombs, but every monster can be affected by at least one Disabler. The common ones are listed below:
    * Sap Plant + Stone = Bomb Material (not a stunner, but used in making stunners)
    * Gunpowder + Screamer = Sonic Bomb (useful for things that dive underwater/sand)
    * Bomb Material + Flashbug = Flash Bomb (useful for things that can be blinded)
    * Trap Tool + Genprey Fang = Shock Trap (can only carry one of these, useful for nearly anything)
    * Trap Tool + Net = Pit Trap (can only carry one of these, useful for large monsters, only useable on stable ground)

Note that you can load out one of each trap AND carry two Trap Tools to make two more Traps (of your choice) in the field. Occasionally the box will give you a Portable Shock Trap (which is returned when it isn't used) or weird-looking blue icon Flash Bombs (again, returned after the hunt).

Most of the above items are sold randomly by the Granny that sits outside the Gathering Hall. Be sure to connect online at least once (if you don't have wifi, just use a local coffee shop with wireless internet) to download the extras so she has expanded inventory.

2) Curative Items - Most of these you can buy wholesale or get for free in the item box at the beginning of a hunt. You can repeatedly farm most of these items. A handful of items don't stay with you after a hunt (returned at the end of the hunt), like First Aid potions and Rations.

3) Bombs - Things that go boom. You can't carry very many of these, but they can do a lot of damage. I usually only bring bombs as a last resort and only if I can reliably put a monster to sleep or to paralysis. + versions do more damage, and thus are suggested for use.
    * Bounce Bomb and Bounce Bomb+ - Launches in the air and hits airborne mobs. Useful for making pesky flyers fall down. Just sit in the shadow of the mob while they are hovering, and let them launch.
    * Lightning Rod - Not technically a bomb, but used the same way. In Rainy environments, you can't use regular bombs, so Lightning Rods do the job of both Bounce and Regular bombs. Works on a timer, then attracts a lightning bolt straight down.
    * Small Barrel Bomb and Small Barrel Bomb+ - Does a small amount of damage, but works on a timer. Works well as a detonator for Large Barrel Bombs.
    * Large Barrel Bomb and Large Barrel Bomb+ - Does a large amount of damage. Only explodes when hit. You can use Boomerangs, Stones, Paintballs, or in a pinch, your own weapon (you'll take some damage unless it's ranged). Useful against paralyzed/sleeping mobs.

Things that are asleep take triple damage from the first attack it takes, so that's the best time to use a Large Barrel Bomb+.

EDIT: One of the great things about Monster Hunter is that all people can participate in the hunt as long as they have the appropriate Hunter Rank. This allows folks with minimal gear to play with folks who are all geared out. It is very amenable to wide disparities in gear (since there are no "levels" per se).

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    corin7 wrote: »

They are unnecessary. The armourer is the weakness chart.

Stigma on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    yeah I've got a PS3 with ad-hoc party (the JPN download), but seriously I'm so bad at this game it's embaressing. I've never been so utterly defeated by a game lol. Showing me around and showing me how things are done would be awesome, but seriously I suck. I don't want to shame the great players around here any.

Don't worry about it man. We're here to help, not to judge. You got freedom 2 right? I'll go dig up my copy and we'll play sometime. What's your PSN name?

Svevin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Crotchless Gorilla SuitCrotchless Gorilla Suit Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Renzo wrote: »
    A lot of MH players use "the claw" to move and control the camera with one hand so your right hand can be on the right side of the console.

Essentially, your thumb and index finger are on top of the console, with your middle finger either on the left trigger or under the console. The side of your index finger controls left and right camera movement.

It sucks that so many people find this necessary. Many don't use it and instead center the camera with the trigger. If there was a second analog stick, this wouldn't be an issue.

But it works, it's how I play MH, and I'm used to it. Just a suggestion, if you feel like giving it another go. You haven't even started yet.

I can't pick up a PSP without laying my index finger over the d-pad. Seriously, once you get the hang of that, the camera is no problem at all. Even better, it frees up your right thumb for making attacks and such.

I can't wait until Unite comes out and I can start playing with some PA folks. In MHF2, I would play on xlink but didn't always like the elitist attitude that most players had on there. Which was strange because I wasn't a noob or anything either.

Crotchless Gorilla Suit on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I dunno about xlink, but adhoc party has had the most helpful guys I've met in any online game. They rushed me from HR1 to HR9 and helped me go from regular tigrex armor with Spartacus blade to G rank rajang armor with DKB.

Svevin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    HOLD ON A SECOND!

Every mention of Right Thumb and Camera Angle terrifies me! WHAT?!

Stigma on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    ok I was greatly under assuming the power of consumables. It sounds like bombs, traps and other items are literally half the game. Which is fine, I just didn't know that.

DarkSymphony on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Everything is useful in some sense. Bombs and traps and flashes and sonics are essential hunting tools.

Stigma on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    ok I was greatly under assuming the power of consumables. It sounds like bombs, traps and other items are literally half the game. Which is fine, I just didn't know that.
    The secret is that they aren't half the game... they are tools to help you hunt. The can become crutches later on. Not so much the bombs, but bringing a ton of curative items (like I do) makes you expect to use curative items. I'd rather complete a hunt than not die, but because I've not been dying, there's no impetus to improve my technique, so I get lazy. The curative logic is upended when I start using a Bow and run around with Felyne Heroics or Adrenaline+2 (which give you boosts if you are low on health), but it does apply to my other weapons.

In the same way, Disablers will help you finish hunts, but you may not learn how to fight a monster. You learn how to fight a brick wall that just happens to be a monster when it's not flashed/trapped.

Still, I recommend that you fully use all of the tools that you can at your disposal. Use them now, because making progress is better than spinning your wheels. There's still plenty of challenge even if you use tons of cures and traps. You can always refine your technique with perfect practice later with more ideal circumstances.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    my PSN is TheLegendofMatt if anyone wants to add me. I'm not entirely sure how to use the ad-hoc party, but I can probably figure it out.

DarkSymphony on
  • Options
    Al PaccioliAl Paccioli Registered User new member
    edited February 2009
    I haven't touched this series since the first MH on the PS2, and I'm confused by the armor skills.

1. Are gems the only way to get them now?

Also, back in MH, Lances would get the job done faster than any other weapon for most occasions. A spiked spear could carry you all they way through Monoblos offline.

2. Have lances taken a backseat to other weapons now? (Assume you can use any kind of weapon with the same level of skill)

3. Is the small red elder still useful for trading items?

4. And, how useful is the boat cat you spend pokke points on? Are those items relatively hard to find on your own? Would those pokke points be better spent elsewhere?

Thanks

Al Paccioli on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Actually, every monster with a hit location has different weaknesses to different elements based on the part that you hit (Fatalis is weak to Dragon, but only if you shoot him in the face/head). And while the armor will tell you the single element that it is weakest to (if any), with several exceptions, the rest of the armor information is bunk. For example, Conga U supposedly is weaker to Dragon (no bonus) than Water or Thunder (minor bonuses). But Congalala is actually immune to Dragon damage. Kirin is not vulnerable to Dragon damage (as much as Fire or Water), but the armor lists Kirin as being weak to Dragon (this is probably one of the exceptions). The pink Rarity Monodevil armor is supposedly weak to everything but Fire, but Monoblos is immune to Water and Dragon.

Also, back in MH, Lances would get the job done faster than any other weapon for most occasions. A spiked spear could carry you all they way through Monoblos offline.

2. Have lances taken a backseat to other weapons now? (Assume you can use any kind of weapon with the same level of skill)

4. And, how useful is the boat cat you spend pokke points on? Are those items relatively hard to find on your own? Would those pokke points be better spent elsewhere?
    1) In a word, no. Jewels just let you "mix and match" skills easier. Most of the time, your skills will be based on getting a full set of a monster's armor, but the Jewels will allow you add more points to sum to 10 (or 15 or 20). Some armors have incomplete sums of certain skills, and others have severe penalties that can be removed by Jeweling it up.

2) Lances are mid-range in MHF2, as far as endgame weapons. They are still very effective choices for certain mobs (Tigrex can be tanked by backing up to a wall and just poking him when he charges). Hammer is probably the top weapon in Freedom 2 in terms of damage output, followed by Longsword. Dual Swords, Greatsword, and Lance are middle tier, with a single Bow weapon (the Akantor Bow) as middle tier. The rest are low tier, with Light Bowgun as the worst.

In 2nd G, this is shuffled around a bit. Hammers are still top, but Greatswords and Dual Swords move up and Longswords move down. Lance moves to about top of middle tier (and can match damage output of Greatswords against certain mobs). Sword and Shield becomes more viable. Heavy Bowgun jumps up a few notches. Bow becomes the worst damage output, which forces you to use Heroics or Adrenaline to keep up.

3) The Veggie Elder in the missions? Yup. There are charts that show what he trades:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/file/934395/50246

4) Trenya often brings back items that you would have found anyway in the zone. There are several items that ONLY the cat can bring back, like Sinister Cloth, with increasing chances as you pump more points into him. In general, you'll be getting way more Pokke Points than you'll know what to do with. There are some items that he can bring back to you early, before you get access to them. Get all of your available farm upgrades first (you will only have a few unlocked), then start pumping Pokke Points into Trenya.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Actually, every monster with a hit location has different weaknesses to different elements based on the part that you hit (Fatalis is weak to Dragon, but only if you shoot him in the face/head). And while the armor will tell you the single element that it is weakest to (if any), with several exceptions, the rest of the armor information is bunk. For example, Conga U supposedly is weaker to Dragon (no bonus) than Water or Thunder (minor bonuses). But Congalala is actually immune to Dragon damage. Kirin is not vulnerable to Dragon damage (as much as Fire or Water), but the armor lists Kirin as being weak to Dragon (this is probably one of the exceptions). The pink Rarity Monodevil armor is supposedly weak to everything but Fire, but Monoblos is immune to Water and Dragon.

Pink armor is not real armor.
    All that information you just put up is wrong.

Kirin and Monoblos are vulnerable to Dragon.
    In the end everything is weak to the gaelic flame.

Stigma on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I haven't touched this series since the first MH on the PS2, and I'm confused by the armor skills.

Thanks

Answering in order:

1. Armors still have skill points, but sometimes they do not give enough points to activate a skill. This is where gems come in.

2. Lances are still decent, but hammers are the strongest against almost all monsters.

3. I've heard you can still use him to trade stuff, but I've never bothered in portable 2ndG.

4. The boat isn't really worth it. Renovations to your honey and mining are more useful imo.

Svevin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Pink armor is not real armor.
    All that information you just put up is wrong.

Kirin and Monoblos are vulnerable to Dragon.
    In the end everything is weak to the gaelic flame.
    According to the Melee Damage FAQ:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/file/934395/50123

= Monoblos, Regular and White =
    __________________________________________________________ _______________
    |Hitzone -| Cut |Impact| Fire | Watr | Thdr | Drgn | Ice || Stagger Limit |
    |

+
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    ||
    |
    |Head ----| 25 -| 20 --| 5 ---| 0 ---| 20 --| 0 ---| 30 -|| 200 HP |
    |
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    ||
    |
    |Neck ----| 50 -| 80 --| 10 --| 0 ---| 30 --| 0 ---| 20 -|| 100 HP |
    |
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    ||
    |
    |Back ----| 20 -| 30 --| 5 ---| 0 ---| 20 --| 0 ---| 30 -|| 120 HP |
    |
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    ||
    |
    |Stomach -| 50 -| 45 --| 5 ---| 0 ---| 30 --| 0 ---| 20 -|| 120 HP |
    |
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    ||
    |
    |Tail
    | 80 -| 60 --| 10 --| 0 ---| 25 --| 0 ---| 20 -|| 180 HP |
    |
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    ||
    |
    |Wing
    | 60 -| 50 --| 10 --| 0 ---| 30 --| 0 ---| 20 -|| 100 HP |
    |
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    ||
    |
    |Foot
    | 40 -| 45 --| 20 --| 0 ---| 20 --| 0 ---| 10 -|| 150 HP |
    |_________|_____|______|______|______|______|______|_____||_______________|
    Rage Mode Defense: 1.0

= Kirin =
    __________________________________________________________ _______________
    |Hitzone -| Cut -|Impact| Fire | Watr | Thdr | Drgn | Ice || Stagger Limit |
    |
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    ||
    |
    |Head ----| 45 --| 40 --| 15 --| 15 --| 0 ---| 5 ---| 10 --|| 200 HP |
    |
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    ||
    |
    |Body ----| 20 --| 25 --| 10 --| 10 --| 0 ---| 5 ---| 10 --|| 200 HP |
    |
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    ||
    |
    |Horn ----| 90 --| 100 -| 5 ---| 5 ---| 0 ---| 5 ---| 5 ---|| 200 HP |
    |_________|______|______|______|______|______|______|______||______________|
    Rage Mode Defense: 1.0
    I'm all for not believing in things even though there is ample evidence. But this stuff is a consensus between several different independent observations. Even I was skeptical at first, but you can sit with a damage dumper hack and test it out.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I'm getting better slowly, but I still stand by my argument that the game is way to obtuse. There's simply no reason at all whatsoever to be that *outside the box*.

DarkSymphony on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Mm hm yeah whatever.

Stigma on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    i killed the giadrome again with much less trouble. I'm getting used to it I think.

question though, is there a way to guarentee the direction you dodge roll in? it seems as though the dodge roll is going to be absolutely crucial in this game so I'm going to *need* it to be 100% accurate every single time the action is taken. I dodge rolled with the analog pointed in the way I wanted to go, but I seemed to go more forward than I did left. I got hit because of it which was annoying, but if I can better guide the dodges then there's no problem.

DarkSymphony on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I too have yet to master the dodge roll. I think it rolls forward in the direction you're facing, so you'll have to turn to that direction first before hitting roll. If you want to roll a certain direction after attacking, just line up your attack in that direction. It's crucial when using a greatsword.

Svevin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    You can roll left or right (sidestep rolls) by pressing the analog in that direction and hitting roll after some weapon animations (after every slash with Sword and Shield, after the third hit of the hammer triple pound, etc.). If you press left and roll after a weapon animation attack, then your character will roll to HIS left, not necessarily the left on the screen. They aren't that easy to do, and I don't use them very effectively except to chain combos with SnS. Most of the time, I make sure I'm running in the direction that I want to roll (perpendicular to the vector that the monster is taking to get to me), then I hit the X button. The forward roll and side roll both have the same number of invincibility frames (i.e. Not much, so you're likely to eat an attack if it hits you), so I haven't really sought a distinction.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for the answers, guys.

Al Paccioli on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    heh I keep doing Giadrome so I can get good at fighting multiple enemies. Since it IS a part of the game I'm going to figure out the solution to fighting more than 1 thing at a time.

DarkSymphony on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    To the guys that have 2ndG:

Unite is going to be the exact same game, but in English, right?

Are you using the English patch to play it? If so, how well translated is everything?

If I can't wait for Unite, and pick up 2ndG, will I be able to play with everyone that has Unite when it comes out?

• Options
    edited February 2009
    To the guys that have 2ndG:

Unite is going to be the exact same game, but in English, right?

Are you using the English patch to play it? If so, how well translated is everything?

If I can't wait for Unite, and pick up 2ndG, will I be able to play with everyone that has Unite when it comes out?

Ya, Unite should just be a translated version.

I'm using the english patch. Everything but the download quests and a few unimportant dialog are translated.

You will not be able to use 2ndG to play with Unite (not sure, but pretty sure). However, a program will probably come out that will convert your 2ndG save file to a Unite save file. Not guaranteed, but there was a similar program for converting Freedom2 to Portable 2nd.

Svevin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for the reply.

I think Laboko was the name of the program. I had to use it back when I was making custom quests for MHF2.

Did anyone else do that? I had some cool ones, like 3 mini-Rajangs at the town level. Or, a battle with a GIGANTIC Shogun and Daimyo in the desert. The only problem was that some of the monsters would always freeze after about 10 minutes and just stay in the same spot, not attacking. I think it had something to do with them wanting to move to a different area, but not being scripted to do so. Not sure.

• Options
    edited February 2009
    heh I keep doing Giadrome so I can get good at fighting multiple enemies. Since it IS a part of the game I'm going to figure out the solution to fighting more than 1 thing at a time.
    The only trash mobs that you shouldn't clear when fighting are bugs (Vespoid, Hornetaur), and only because they have infinite spawns anyway. The videos that you see of people running around among trash mobs while hunting represent either experts who know they can get a quick kill on a boss or overconfident folks who got lucky. Get used to clearing the area before taking on a boss, or you'll end up getting beat down by a Bullfango or raptor.

When playing multiplayer, the game doesn't even render the trash mobs in the same location for everyone. Each person's trash mobs are based on their own unit. This leads to bizarre graphical anomalies like a raptor flopping over and dying right in front of you because your friend is off in another part of the zone killing them (on his screen) or watching people swing their weapons wildly at nothing (because they actually are fighting something on their screen).

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The only trash mobs that you shouldn't clear when fighting are bugs (Vespoid, Hornetaur), and only because they have infinite spawns anyway. The videos that you see of people running around among trash mobs while hunting represent either experts who know they can get a quick kill on a boss or overconfident folks who got lucky. Get used to clearing the area before taking on a boss, or you'll end up getting beat down by a Bullfango or raptor.

When playing multiplayer, the game doesn't even render the trash mobs in the same location for everyone. Each person's trash mobs are based on their own unit. This leads to bizarre graphical anomalies like a raptor flopping over and dying right in front of you because your friend is off in another part of the zone killing them (on his screen) or watching people swing their weapons wildly at nothing (because they actually are fighting something on their screen).

The most frustrating thing that ever happened to me in this game was when I killed a gravios or something at the volcano, and every single time I tried to carve it, I would get pounced by an Ioprey. I never got to carve that damn thing because I ran out of time.

• Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I hate prey. and bugs. most of the time i go out of my way to kill them. i'm a happy guy when the entire map has been wiped of trash mobs. (except for the few things that respawn infinitely)

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Speaking of mobs, there's a Rathian swamp quest in MH where you have to fight her in zones with infinitely respawning io/gen/velociprey.

Does that ever happen in MHF2/2ndG?

Al Paccioli on
  • Options
    KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The only trash mobs that you shouldn't clear when fighting are bugs (Vespoid, Hornetaur), and only because they have infinite spawns anyway.

actually, vespoids are not infinite spawn (in mhf2 - don't know about 2ndg). if you kill enough of them in the same area, they eventually do stop spawning.

im not sure about hornetaurs, but i have a feeling it's the same.

Ketherial on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Speaking of mobs, there's a Rathian swamp quest in MH where you have to fight her in zones with infinitely respawning io/gen/velociprey.

Does that ever happen in MHF2/2ndG?

I don't think I've ever seen infinitely spawning prey... at least not in the freedom games.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    About the dodge roll. I'm fairly sure that you can only roll forward or to either side while you're locked into an attack animation, so try to think in D-Pad terms when you're lining yourself up. Also if DS hasn't found this, there's a huge dive dodge when you're sprinting that actually makes you invulnerable for several frames. It's a necessary move in alot of fights. Don't be afraid of putting your weapon away during a fight to get the added mobility.

Stigma on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    About the dodge roll. I'm fairly sure that you can only roll forward or to either side while you're locked into an attack animation, so try to think in D-Pad terms when you're lining yourself up. Also if DS hasn't found this, there's a huge dive dodge when you're sprinting that actually makes you invulnerable for several frames. It's a necessary move in alot of fights. Don't be afraid of putting your weapon away during a fight to get the added mobility.

Putting your weapon away is a must in many situations. Unless, you have a blocking weapon, I guess, but I was always more of a dodge kind of guy.