As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How do I get rid of a bike?

BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Simply put, I broke the frame of my current bike (as well as a pedal on another) and I have this question to ask. How do I recycle/get rid of a bike? Would a recycling depot take it?

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
Bartholamue on

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm pretty sure a recycling depot should take it, since it's mostly metal with some rubber and plastic. It won't hurt to call them up and ask.

If you have a local bike shop, you could MAYBE give it to them or sell it to them as a parts bike (make sure you tell them what went wrong with it)

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    They're pretty much unusable since I broke the frame on one bike, and the other bike is simply too old, and I broke the pedal of that one (it's from the 80's). I'll try the recycling depot, thanks.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    You'd be amazed what people will pick up from the curb so long as there is a "free" sign nearby (and sometimes even if there isn't)...

But your plan is good as well. I'd try seeing if you can sell it for a few bucks.

Uncle Long on