As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Spirit of the Century, Seattle [Live GAME ON]

naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
edited September 2007 in Critical Failures
Heya, all. I post almost exclusively in SE++, but I thought I'd post this here, instead. Also, I'm sorry for not posting this in the existing Spirit of the Century thread, but since this is an active solicitation, I figured it merited its own thread. Now to business....

I played Spirit of the Century with Rankenphile, Whippy, Kuribo's Shoe, Dumb Hero, and Framling at PAX, and it whetted my appetite for the game. For those of you who are unfamiliar, Spirit of the Century is a narrative-driven RPG, generally set in the 1920's, and focusing heavily on a pulp-novel aesthetic. Character creation is a total blast, consisting of writing five short blurbs (of the size and style of the back-cover blurbs on pulp novels), along with assigning two "Aspects" relevant to each blurb. Here are some sample character blurbs/Aspects from our PAX game. I was originally hoping to run SotC with my regular playgroup, but after hearing some of the details, Rankenphile expressed interest in possibly driving down for it, and that made me think that I might be able to throw together an all-PA group for this game. Framling says he's down, and I'm waiting to hear from Whippy. That leaves at least two, possibly three slots open for interested local parties. Due to scheduling with Rank, Fram, and myself, games will most commonly occur early on Saturday afternoons; Rank especially will most likely be only an occasional guest, but his character will remain a part of the storyline regardless.

The campaign is going to involve real history and mystery, but with appropriate pulpy license and twists. The beginning of play will see the party congregated at Delmonico's, on its last night before closing its "Citadel" location, as guests of the Knickerbocker Club, which had formerly used it as their meeting place. As the dinner is being laid out, the Maître d'Hôtel delivers to them a telegram from Harold Ross, founder/editor of The New Yorker, and member of the Algonquin Round Table (which, in the setting, will serve as a loose ally of the Century Club).

The Telegram....

naporeon on