As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TV

Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
So, with September now here, a whole new season of TV shows is coming soon. What shows are you planning to follow this year?

For me, it'll probably be:

Prison Break (hopefully better than season 2), premieres September 17th
Battlestar Galactica, premieres November 24
24 (well, not really, I'm still catching up on seasons on DVD), premieres January 14 (I guess that's not technically very soon, but whatever)
Heroes, premieres September 24
American Idol (hey, I'm a reality talent show whore), premieres sometime in January probably

And a big boo to the cancellation of Veronica Mars, which leaves me with only 2 shows in the near future to anticipate.

I'm sure there are some I'm missing, so what shows are you looking forward to?

smugduckling,pc,days.png
Smug Duckling on

• Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    I heard from Thanatos that they were thinking about splitting the last season of BSG into two halves and airing the first this year and the second next year? Like, 2008 Fall.

ege02 on
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Must Watch:
    Heroes
    Battlestar Galactica
    The Office

Shows I'm going to look into:
    Bionic Woman

Everything else I watch, I record and watch it later when I can't sleep, I'm sick or just bored, but those are the shows I watch ASAP.

Invisible on
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Invisible wrote: »
    Must Watch:
    The Office

I am ashamed for forgetting about that. Ashamed.

27 September!

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I might be following House, depending on how the season premier goes. As much as I love Hugh Laurie, the asshole-smart-doctor with deep-seated abandonment issues thing is getting a little old. And if Chase is really gone for good, I don't know if there's enough left for me to keep watching. ;)

Obviously, Family Guy. Maybe Las Vegas. Other than that, nothing really. I'm just waiting for the next season of Project Runway, really.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Looking forward to: Battlestar Galactica, House, Lost (in January), Curb Your Enthusiasm (I thought the end of last season was bad, but just the last ep. the opening of this season was quite good). Scrubs as well.

24 I'm wary on. I really did not like last season... I will try it out because it may come back to quality, but if they do their standard 2 hour sunday-monday combo and I'm not hooked, I won't be watching.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Heroes
    How I Met Your Mother
    Lost
    The Office
    The Unit

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    SamSam Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Friday Night Lights

will watch a few episodes of Heroes to decide if it's worth following. It's a good show but it can be pretty fucking retarded/geared towards lowest common denominator

Sam on
  • Options
    HorusHorus Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    House as mention the emo doctor drama is getting old hope they revamp it
    Heroes Never watched it, time to get the season what are we season 2?
    Americas Next Top Model STFU i see it as inspiration in learning photography techniques
    Youtube I heard this season is gonna be a thriller of surprises, always has creative shows season opening.

Thats about it the rest is anime I download and some foreign films, I will try to get into Sci Fi

Horus on
    “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
    ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
  • Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Horus wrote: »
    Heroes Never watched it, time to get the season what are we season 2?

Yeah, season one came out in stores a couple weeks ago.

Anyway, I'm currently watching season 1 of prison break so if I catch up I'll watch that. 24 and House have both been enjoyable though if both keep doing the same thing I think they'll go down hill and I'll probably stop watching. I'll continue watching heroes though if its like the end of the last season I'll probably stop.

khain on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I look forward to most of what you dudes are saying and of course, 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.'

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm a big Simpsons fan so I'm excited about the new season especially after watching the movie. Plus Fraiser reunion need i say more?

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    [Michael][Michael] Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'll probably only be watching House (my favorite series of ever), Battlestar Galactica, and The Office. Heroes lost my interest with the last 3 or so episodes. Lost I might watch...depends on the premiere, but that's months away anyhow.

[Michael] on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    I look forward to most of what you dudes are saying and of course, 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.'

I saw half an episode of that - it was pretty brutal. Are they all like that?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »

That depends entirely upon what you mean by "brutal."

Like, terrible? No, it's pretty good.

Like, vulgar and full of awful people? Sure.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I will continue to watch my gigantic cache of recorded How It's Made episodes. Also I'll watch Heroes because basically everyone I know does. I want to start watching House.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2007

Yeah I meant the second. It was pretty funny, though.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    BongoBongo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Yeah I meant the second. It was pretty funny, though.

It's one of my favorite TV shows for a reason.

If you guys haven't heard yet, a Pre-air episode is up on their myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sunnyfx

Bongo on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    When does House return.

Cause it is absolutely mandatory viewing.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Fuck 24 in its stupid asshole. That show is dead to me. And this is coming from someone who used to idolize Jack Bauer.

I'm looking forward to The Office, whenever that starts again, Southpark, Battlestar, Lost... umm, I think thats it.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    DozingDragonDozingDragon Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I was really excited about 24, when I heard they were going to have a lot of set in Africa, but then of course, that idea got nixed, so this season will once again suck.

I fear heroes plateaued last season with the Five Years Gone episode, but maybe they will pull something off that is really impressive.

And of course LOST doesn't start until the new year.

DozingDragon on
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Lost and The Office are about it for me. Entourage and Flight of the Conchords held it pretty well for me over the summer.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    BSG isn't really returning till next year.

There's a miniseries/movie kinda thing that involves a flashback to Pegasus after the Cylon attack. The real season starts up in January/February/March of next year.

shryke on
  • Options
    lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Office, House, and Heroes. Book't

*edit*Fuck me, forgot Scrubs

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Heroes
    Scrubs
    Jericho

Pretty much it.

Fuck CW for cancelling Veronica Mars, though yay NBC for having Bell on Heroes.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Yes, jericho, totally.

I'm not getting my hopes up after what they pulled with the whole nixing of it. I am only really looking for closure.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    good to hear good things about sunny in philadelphia. I could not get a read on the show from the commercials.

Variable on
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh shit, I completely forgot about It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I'm definitely pumped about that starting back this week.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    BongoBongo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Link to It's Always Sunny myspace again for great justice and free preair episode from this season because people brought it up again.

Also tonights episode of Weeds reminded me how much I love the show.

Also, Dexter is starting end of this month for its second season.

Bongo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    which episode is weeds on now? been more than 4 weeks yet?

edit - also dexter is awesome.

Variable on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    LOST and BSG

i would say heroes but i cannot think of one thing that i liked about the previous season other than hiro. neither could anyone i knew.

and i hated the finale.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    If you liked Hiro, how could you hate the finale?
    Fuckin' SWORD ACTION.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Lost
    Heroes
    BSG

Maybe Prison Break... The second season was insulting... but I'll at least give the first episode or 2 a look before I decide to give up on it completely.

Is the 4400 still going? My girlfriend and I just picked this up - onto the 2nd series... Not too shabby...

I like the Idea of Jericho, but I've heard its a bit slow.

I'm into the 1st season of The Wire, and I'm quite impressed, but I might start into The Shield...

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The current lineup for me includes The Office, 30 Rock, Amazing Race, Lost, and probably Heroes. I missed the first season, so I'm racing to finish the DVD in time. I'll watch Family Guy and American Dad, but I think this might finally, at last, be the year I give up on Simpsons and/or King of the Hill. We'll see if I can hold myself to that claim, though.

Of the new stuff, I'll probably wait for the reviews (to see if it's worth seeing,) and ratings (because I'm sick of watching the doomed lost clauses at this point.) Of course, that theory is why I'm rushing to finish Heroes in time, so I might at least give Bionic Woman a try.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    geckahngeckahn Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    californication and weeds!

also, new season of dexter starts soon.

geckahn on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Fuck them for cancelling Veronica Mars. Although there's talk of the creator doing a movie to tie up all the ends.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    If you liked Hiro, how could you hate the finale?
    Fuckin' SWORD ACTION.

Because it was so fucking stupid.
    He just stands there and lets a slow running Hiro run him through without doing anything. There was no time powers or anything. He just runs at him and Syler gets stabbed.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm going to try to stick to Heroes, Lost and BSG. And Patriots games.

I'm sure I'll give into The Office and House and such, but I really want to cut back my TV viewing.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Anyone know if "The Unit" is still running? I was a huge fan of the series, but couldnt watch it anymore because the timeslot was at like 10PM and my schedule had me waking up at 4AM

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Reaper is the show I'm looking forward to most right now.

Numi on
  • Options
    AgrehondAgrehond Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Of the new shows, I've got my eyes on "Chuck". Because it has Jayne Cobb (Adam Baldwin). How can that not be all kinds of awesome?

Agrehond on