As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHALLA] Day 10 - Good guy victory

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Voting for the new guy on day one is a sure sign of evil.

!vote Oatway

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Defend me n00bies! (And vets who might be able to use a stalwart patsy!)

Hmmm.....what are your qualifications in the patsy-ing field? Any relevant experience?

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Defend me n00bies! (And vets who might be able to use a stalwart patsy!)

Hmmm.....what are your qualifications in the patsy-ing field? Any relevant experience?

I have extensive experience in the fields of boot-licking, brown-nosing, and all purpose yes-manning for all your self-absorbed benefactor or evil tyranting needs.

Bliss, however, defended me without first questioning my qualifications, so he and I are best friends now.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So, who wants to place bets on how many days I survive?

My average has been going up the past couple of games, maybe I can make it through the weekend, at least?

Nerissa on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I have extensive experience in the fields of boot-licking, brown-nosing, and all purpose yes-manning for all your self-absorbed benefactor or evil tyranting needs.

Bliss, however, defended me without first questioning my qualifications, so he and I are best friends now.
    Hmm.....excellent then. Bliss could act as an Aid de Camp. That'd be fine with me.

Oatway!

Nerissa I'm positive nobody would be cruel enough to kill you tonight...

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Yeah, sure... now that you say that...

Honestly, I've had a couple of good runs, I don't particularly want people to not kill me purely out of pity.

Besides... I'd like to see them try. :D

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »

Honestly, I've had a couple of good runs, I don't particularly want people to not kill me purely out of pity.

Hi Nerissa, how is that Shield of Achilles treating you?

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Things we need to consider:

Only the holder of the Eye of Ra, and perhaps the Hammer of Thor when it is completed, can know for sure that someone does not hold an evil artifact.

Knowing that someone has the Eye (which you can know by them knowing what artifacts you have) does not mean they do not ALSO hold an evil artifact. This means that each step of network formation will require two nights. (If X holds the Eye, they request a vision of Y, and find out they have no evil artifacts. The next day. the Eye is given to Y, who requests a vision of X.)

Knowing what artifacts a person holds is only valid for the point in time when the vision was used. I'm assuming this is going to be at narration time, after all trades for the day have been completed. As early as 15 minutes after the narration, that information could be outdated.

We need to pay close attention to the order of actions.

Clarification, please -- if the Eye of Ra (or Ouija Board) gets stolen, will there be no vision/contact, or will the thief get the vision/response that the previous holder requested?

A former bad guy who is still allied with the bad guys = Thrall -- they will show up as "good" (not holding any evil artifacts) even though they are working against the good guys.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Well, the name has been changed based on the discussion in the sign-up thread, but otherwise, rather well. I did, however, check before saying anything to make sure that all possible kills come BEFORE the thief so I can get at least one use out of it before it gets stolen. :P

Edit: Another Clarification request -- what happens if two or three holders of Arrows of Robin Hood target the same person?

Nerissa on
  • Options
    IShallRiseAgainIShallRiseAgain Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

!vote Oatway

Indeed seeing as I am a new guy myself. !vote Oatway

IShallRiseAgain on
    Alador239.png
  • Options
    KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

!vote Oatway

Indeed seeing as I am a new guy myself. !vote Oatway

I'm kind of a new guy as well. Though I know better now than to move against a rolling bandwagon. KILL THE N00B SLAYER!!!

!vote Oatway

edit:

I say Day 2 for ya Nerissa. I would've said Day 3, but I can't help but think a thief is going to want your shield tonight.

KupotheAvenger on
    fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

• Options
    edited September 2007

Well, the name has been changed based on the discussion in the sign-up thread, but otherwise, rather well. I did, however, check before saying anything to make sure that all possible kills come BEFORE the thief so I can get at least one use out of it before it gets stolen. :P

Edit: Another Clarification request -- what happens if two or three holders of Arrows of Robin Hood target the same person?

You now, it occurs to me that coming out and saying you have the shield is a great way to avoid first-day assassination attempts. Obviously the evils and the scythe-holder (Scyther?) wouldn't want to risk wasting a kill attempt on someone who can block them.

Also, waving around the fact you have an artifact could be a ruse to tempt the arrow holders try and steal from you (Escpecially considering your interest in the arrow mechanics). Should you have nothing, you just took an arrow out of the game, eliminating a potentially game-altering wild card.

As a non-gm, my guess-answer to your arrow clarification question would be that whoever attempted to steal first would get the artifact(s) (if any) and the second gets nothing. But that's just my guess.

*edit* Go n00bs go! Let us band together and destroy our Veteran oppressors! (Except Bliss and DA because they're cool and nice)

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    You now, it occurs to me that coming out and saying you have the shield is a great way to avoid first-day assassination attempts. Obviously the evils and the scythe-holder (Scyther?) wouldn't want to risk wasting a kill attempt on someone who can block them.

Alternately, if I actually do have the shield, I could protect someone other than myself by the same reasoning. Of course, that requires someone to convince me that their survival might be worth the chance that the bad guys figure I'm bluffing.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Alternately, if I actually do have the shield, I could protect someone other than myself by the same reasoning. Of course, that requires someone to convince me that their survival might be worth the chance that the bad guys figure I'm bluffing.

I don't think the shield protects you from the village killing you...

there's just to many of them.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    if the Eye of Ra (or Ouija Board) gets stolen, will there be no vision/contact, or will the thief get the vision/response that the previous holder requested?
    The thief gets the previously-requested vision.
    A former bad guy who is still allied with the bad guys = Thrall -- they will show up as "good" (not holding any evil artifacts) even though they are working against the good guys.
    That's right.
    what happens if two or three holders of Arrows of Robin Hood target the same person?
    The first one to steal (i.e. the first one to send me the PM) gets the victim's artefacts, the others get nothing.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Lets get this on, good luck to everyone, this Phalla is going to be interesting, I love the idea that even if you are villager in the beginning :( you have a chance of being a special later if you get lucky after a Village vote.

Again good luck.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Unless someone can convince enough people that I'm actually a bad guy, I'm not too worried about being executed.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    !votin' Zot like it's going out of style

Most likely just a placeholder vote until somebody better (worse?) comes along

Green on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Yeerks are evil, right? !Vote FreeAgent.

Yep they are, I think this is the most convincing bandwagon I have found yet, I still want the yeerks dead (fuckers I am certain it was their fault the cops arrested me).

!vote FreeAgent

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I don't know who to vote for. Why can't casket be in this phalla so we can all kill him again?

Quid on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Bandwagon'd

!vote Oatway

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Unless someone can convince enough people that I'm actually a bad guy, I'm not too worried about being executed.

Geez Narissa, at this point, you might as well just come out and ask the village to hang you. It's not like we're losing our guardian, the shield just goes to someone else.

Best case scenario: You're evil and have the shield, so by voting you off, we're not only killing off an evil early on, but an evil who can PROTECT THEMSELVES, which would be very bad

Neutral scenario: You're just a villager with a shield, we kill you, the shield goes to another neutral villager, one who's kept under wraps and can better protect our seer (if he/she manages to figure them out)

Worst case scenario: You're just a villager with a shield, we kill you, and the shield goes to a bad guy.

That would suck for the village, ya?

Also: If it's true you have the shield, what's to say one of the bad guys doesn't have an arrow? Now you've just given the bad guys the shield. Are you proud of yourself now? Well? are you?? :lol:

I'll keep my vote on Oatway for now, because he's a big poo poo head, but if I were you, Nerissa, I'd just lay low for a while.

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I like you Romantic, its a good analysis of the situation, I was writing it up myself a little while ago but then I got sidetracked by youtube and accidentally closed FF :| after which I gave up and said "meh not writing that again".

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Aw how did I miss this one? D: If by some twist of fate you need a fourth reserve, lemme know and I'll join in!

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    At this point, my advice to Nerissa is: If you're a villager and you do in fact have the shield, give it to someone else to avoid an evil from getting their grubby hands on it, it's the best thing for the village.

If our seer has already contacted you, either give them the shield (if you trust them) so that they can then give it to someone else, or give it to someone you trust and tell them who the seer is, without necessarily telling the seer who you gave it to.

At this point, I think it might be in the best interest of the village to execute you for revealing yourself. If you DO have the shield and don't give it up, odds are better at this point that it will just fall into the hands of another villager. If we wait until later, more villagers are likely to be dead than evils, which increases the odds of an evil getting their hands on the shield, which the village really, really doesn't want.

If you're also evil, then that's an awesome bonus for the village (and the opposing evil team)! If you're not, well, someone has to die, so it might as well be you.

!Oatway, you got lucky this time!
    Sorry !Nerissa, but giving yourself up has put the village at risk and I can't allow that. Hopefully the rest of the village will see things my way.

**edited for bold

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    First off... it's not like killing off a guardian is a big deal anyway :P

Second, and really most important... Voting off bad guys is VERY unlikely to work in this game, since they can just give their artifact to another bad guy when they see they're likely to be executed. The only way it'll work is if we can coordinate a last-minute vote switch without alerting them that we're planning it. Protip: that isn't going to be possible with any sort of reliability for several days at least.

Third, and also important... if I'm a bad guy with a shield, I'm going to be giving that shield to another bad guy before I get executed, because it's obviously not doing ME any good that night. So, if I'm a bad guy with a shield, there is no chance a good guy will get the shield if I'm executed, but if I'm a good guy with a shield, there IS a chance that a bad guy will get it.

Fourth... you're new, right? There are enough vets around who know that if I'm a good guy, I'm enough of an asset to the team to not kill me off unnecessarily.

Yes, there could be a bad guy with an arrow. It's a chance I'm taking. However, if I had an arrow (good or bad), I'd probably be hunting for the pieces of that hammer rather than any single-purpose artifact.

And finally... I played my first several games close to the vest. It only managed to get me killed off early, and I ended up more frustrated than having fun. I'm tired of that style, I'm going to start taking a few chances. If it gets me killed early, well, that's no different than before and at least I had fun doing it.

Edit, because I was typing this while you posted that last one... why the hell would a seer contact me, and how could I have any clue they were telling the truth? They don't even get their first vision until tonight.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Uhh I like you both you are both smart and have good points, but currently Nerissa's is best, I am staying on a confirmed Yeerk (they still need to be killed).

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    First off... it's not like killing off a guardian is a big deal anyway :P

Second, and really most important... Voting off bad guys is VERY unlikely to work in this game, since they can just give their artifact to another bad guy when they see they're likely to be executed. The only way it'll work is if we can coordinate a last-minute vote switch without alerting them that we're planning it. Protip: that isn't going to be possible with any sort of reliability for several days at least.

Third, and also important... if I'm a bad guy with a shield, I'm going to be giving that shield to another bad guy before I get executed, because it's obviously not doing ME any good that night. So, if I'm a bad guy with a shield, there is no chance a good guy will get the shield if I'm executed, but if I'm a good guy with a shield, there IS a chance that a bad guy will get it.

Fourth... you're new, right? There are enough vets around who know that if I'm a good guy, I'm enough of an asset to the team to not kill me off unnecessarily.

Yes, there could be a bad guy with an arrow. It's a chance I'm taking. However, if I had an arrow (good or bad), I'd probably be hunting for the pieces of that hammer rather than any single-purpose artifact.

And finally... I played my first several games close to the vest. It only managed to get me killed off early, and I ended up more frustrated than having fun. I'm tired of that style, I'm going to start taking a few chances. If it gets me killed early, well, that's no different than before and at least I had fun doing it.

Edit, because I was typing this while you posted that last one... why the hell would a seer contact me, and how could I have any clue they were telling the truth? They don't even get their first vision until tonight.

Well, let's assume for a second you're evil AND have the shield. Obviously, if a bandwagon starts against you, you'll try to dump the items, most likely on one of your dirty, dirty evil compatriots. That's fine though, because now that means ONE person has TWO evil artifacts. Now, that evil person has the onerous task of convincing another villager to take up the Mantle of Evil (tm). This is a HUGE risk for the evil guy, and if the person he chooses to contact betrays him, the village has a chance to take out TWO evil artifacts with one blow! This, is a GOOD thing. My vote stands.

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    /random 1-40. !kill MrBalls.

NATIK, you're from Europe! Awesome! Hopefully you'll enjoy phalla'ing and we're going start a European bloc together with Bliss. :D

Aldo on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Well, let's assume for a second you're evil AND have the shield. Obviously, if a bandwagon starts against you, you'll try to dump the items, most likely on one of your dirty, dirty evil compatriots. That's fine though, because now that means ONE person has TWO evil artifacts. Now, that evil person has the onerous task of convincing another villager to take up the Mantle of Evil (tm). This is a HUGE risk for the evil guy, and if the person he chooses to contact betrays him, the village has a chance to take out TWO evil artifacts with one blow! This, is a GOOD thing. My vote stands.
    Or she just gives it to someone who likes to be on Team Evil. :P

Like, half of us.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Sounds like a great idea Aldo, I have played the Animorphs Phalla before, but I got voted out day 8 as I had the amazing ability of always believeing what the evil guys told me and thus the good guys didnt like me :(, hopefully it was just inexperience though.

More players from Europe, yes please, mayby we can nudge the times into something that isnt in the middle of the night that way ;-).

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    ...and on the highly unlikely side, Nerissa could not have a shield and be allied with the actual shield bearer, thus drawing attention from him/her, so that they can protect unheeded. Just more speculation, but might be worth thinking. Bluffing isn't unheard of in this game. I'm going to hold off bandwagoning Nerissa at least until day 2.

Though the idea of one bad guy with both a shield and killing ability is frightening.

KupotheAvenger on
    fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

• Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Hey guys Nerissa is totally evil

That said, !vote RNG 27 for now. Looks like that's you, Bliss 101.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I like Nerissa.

I !Vote Romantic Undead.

Jerk.

Quid on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh man, it comes down to the crucial first vote. If I bandwagon, I'll be staked, and if I DON'T bandwagon, I'll be staked. Uhh, uhh, uhh

!vote for Oatway

For now anyways

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    hay guys, I'm also from europe <3

and I have no idea what you are talking about. Start a european bloc? what

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Hey guys Nerissa is totally evil

That said, !vote RNG 27 for now. Looks like that's you, Bliss 101.

Hey! I like Bliss, he defended me! I've got my eye on you, mister *glare*
    **edit for color

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Quid wrote: »
    I like Nerissa.

I !Vote Romantic Undead

Jerk.

no U

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I guess any bandwagon is good as another.

!vote Oatway.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    !vote Oatway

A Robot Grudge. Also this Undead/Nerissa thing is confusing, but I'll have to go with my gut and say Nerissa is being truthfulish (either lying to draw out stuff or being honest) and Undead is a vanillager.

iamtheaznman on