As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Windows Mobile and contacts

DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited September 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I would like to find a good contacts manager for Windows Mobile. ActiveSync doesn't work well for that; it only really helps if you want to sync with Outlook. Basically I have a lot of people's info on my SIM chip from my old phone, and I want to add email addresses to the contacts.

I want to do the following:
1. Copy them all to the phone's memory.
2. Dump them to a file on my computer.
3. Add email addresses to the file.
4. Load the file back into the phone.

2 and 4 are going to be hard.

I'd like to be able to just dump the contacts out to my computer as a comma-separated file so I can paste in email addresses, then load the file back into the phone. The prospect of manually typing in 100+ email addresses on the tiny keyboard is not too appealing.

Other solutions to this problem are also acceptable.

Doc on

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Install a trial version of Outlook (should have come with your ActiveSync CD), sync your contacts over, export them to an excel file if you want, write in all the email addresses, reimport to Outlook, and resync. Not sure why you're so averse to that.

Otherwise I'm a little confused here. Do you have two SIM chips and you're trying to consolidate the information? If so isn't there an option to transfer SIM information from the SIM into the phone and vice versa on GSM phones? Maybe not the PDAs, I'm not sure. Don't deal with GSM phones a lot..

JAEF on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    That would work, except I got no trial version of outlook on the disc. AT&T's site suggested that my only alternative is to purchase a license*, but I now see that I can download a trial instead. That solves that.

*From their site:
    FACT:
    Samsung Blackjack
    SYMPTOM:
    Samsung Blackjack Setup CD Missing Microsoft Outlook
    Issues and Errors
    FIX:
    The Getting Started CD included with newer Samsung BlackJack devices contains a 30-day trial version of the Microsoft Outlook application. To purchase a license, please contact Microsoft at www.microsoft.com.

Doc on