As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Consistent, quick freezing on several 360 games.

switzky21switzky21 __BANNED USERS regular
edited September 2007 in Games and Technology
This has happened to a few games now, and I'm not sure how to cure it. Recently, whenever I have tried to play Halo 2 or the Madden 2008 demo, the console will lock up in seconds, and I have no idea why.

THis doesn't happen with other games.

What's going on?

Note: I've cleared the hard-drive cache many times, no workie.

switzky21 on

• Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Say your goodbyes :(

bruin on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Seriously?

switzky21 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Not definitely, but it seems it does happen pretty often before the red rings set in

bruin on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Oh my...

So, what are my options? Get it fixed and miss precious Halo 3, or get a new one?

switzky21 on
  • Options
    BigWhiteRyanBigWhiteRyan Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Make sure your console is well-ventilated. Make sure your power brick is well-ventilated.

That's the only thing you can do -- be happy you've got a long warranty.

Mine freezes up on occasion, but haven't had any red ring problems since my purchase over a year ago. (Now, I probably just jinxed myself. Better finish Bioshock quick.)

BigWhiteRyan on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    switzky21 wrote: »
    Oh my...

So, what are my options? Get it fixed and miss precious Halo 3, or get a new one?

If you do end up having to send it in to Microsoft, you could always buy a new one after you send it (if you must play Halo 3 on the 25th), then sell the repaired one when you get it back.

bruin on
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Hurry up already and call Microsoft. Your 360 is not going to last till Halo 3 launches, its a harsh fact, but do it.

If you can, exchange it for a full or half refund and get a new 360, but if anything, the fixed 360s through Microsoft has a better longevity. Mine stopped hanging completely after I got mine exchanged for a refurbished one through Microsoft, but I was lucky, I got mine exchanged in a day, had to go down the headquarters and do a physical exchange (a policy down here in Singapore).

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    walnutmonwalnutmon Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I live in Buffalo NY, and my xBox360 crashes ALL THE TIME... to the point that I put down 300 bucks on a graphics card so I could play bioshock on my PC... The worst part is that I am not getting the RROD.. but I probably will, as soon as three years is up, which is coming up pretty soon.

Fucking son of a bitch.

walnutmon on
    xbox: jmbizzo | ps3: walnutmon | steam: walnutmon | SC2: walnutmon.591
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Just get it changed already then.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png