As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Questions regarding the Wii...

oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Games and Technology
So I am looking to take the plunge and purchase a Nintendo Wii. Now, I really only have one question, and it doesn't revolve around what games to get. My question is, does the US Wii power brick support only 100~110V or can it do 220~240V as well? I'm in Korea, and would rather not use a converter if possible.

Also, when the Korean Wii is released in October, will I be able to take one of its power bricks and plug it into the US version and have it work fine? All the power conversion is done in the brick itself right?

oldmanken on

• Options
    edited September 2007
    One more question, do you need a GC controller to play GC games, or can you use the Classic controller?

oldmanken on
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    You do need a Gamecube controller.

Edit: And looking at the info on the power brick, it appears to only support ~120v. Sorry.

Edit two: Yes, you should be able to use a Korean power brick with any other Wii.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Also you should know that the games are region-locked.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, I know about the region lock, that's why I am going to import a US Wii from playasia.com. Then just place an order every month for whatever games I want. The huge electronics market in Seoul should also have some US games there, and probably for pretty cheap as well.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    EarthenEarthen Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    You'll also need a GC memory card for GC games.

Earthen on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Hmmm... didn't think of that.

oldmanken on