As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sex and the City

ElkiElki get busyModerator, ClubPA mod
edited September 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
In which we talk about Sex and the City. Anything in the show, or what you'd like to see in the movie. I wonder if this can somehow stay on the front page for more than a day.

I haven't watched in a while.

Elki wrote: »
ElJeffe wrote: »
Thinatos wrote: »
I wish I hadn't started buying Sex and the City DVDs before the box-set came out. Damn you, HBO!
ITT: Elks finally comes out of the closet.

Srsly. I mean, I've watched the entire series - a fact for which I'm not proud - but I didn't fucking buy it.

Does the box-set come with your new vagina, Elks, or do you have to buy that separately?

I didn't buy it, yet! But I will. I just wish they hadn't picked that ugly pink for the color.

And you watched the whole thing? We should probably have a thread on it one day. Like, favorite episodes, and which one would you date, which would you have a one-night-stand with, and which would you beat with a tire-iron. Mine would be Miranda/Charlotte/Horseface.

I idolize Mr. Big.

Also, I think that mid-30s-power-shift episode totally speaks truth.

Man, fuck Big. I hated him and and Carrie so much for being one of the worst couples in history.

And hey, look at me smirk. I must be very interesting and mysterious because I smirk. I hate his smirk so much.

The smirk totally works, dude. A smirk, a wry comment, and you're the goddamn man.

It only works if you're funny or interesting enough for a smirk. Otherwise, you're the fat guy wearing underarmour. It doesn't work.

And I haven't watched it in a while, but I'll go with the faking it episode as my favorite, for the hilarity.

*cue aqua to tell me I've picked all wrong*

smCQ5WE.jpg
Elki on

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2007
    The winner of all time was when Charlotte dated the guy who liked talking shit when he came. Seriously, I usually enjoyed SATC, but this was the first time it made me guffaw.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    The winner of all time was when Charlotte dated the guy who liked talking shit when he came. Seriously, I usually enjoyed SATC, but this was the first time it made me guffaw.
    "Oh, you fucking whore!"

Charlotte is a total babe.
    I'm quite a fan of the show.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    "Oh, you fucking whore!"

Charlotte is a total babe.
    I'm quite a fan of the show.
    Charlotte annoyed the hell out of me. She had her moments, but overall I found the character grating.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Sometimes she is annoying, but she's definitely the most attractive one on the show.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I liked Miranda better - she was a pragmatist.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Miranda never did anything for me.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2007
    I liked Miranda better - she was a pragmatist.

Like I said, one night with Charlotte, but I'd stay with Miranda. Charlotte is definitely the airhead.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2007
    I had to replace my 3rd season DVD (my sister 'borrowed' it), and found them all on sale for $20 at all Target. So check it out if you're missing some seasons.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg