As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Problem connecting to xbox live via wireless adaptor

LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I can connect to my Universities wireless network using the Xbox 360. When I run the connection test everything is fine up until the MTU test at which point it fails. To browse the web using the same network you need to "log in", is this what's likely causing the failure to connect to live and if so how would one attempt to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Leitner on

• Options
    enderwiggin13enderwiggin13 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'd say it's likely this is the cause...strange that it drops you at the MTU phase though.

MTU = Maximum Transmission Unit

That's the size of the packets being sent. It's possible, that if were you able to login to the router and change the MTU to...1300-1500 I think, might want to Google to verify... that you'd be shiny.

However, since you have to login to use http, it's likely that other services are limited too. I know of no way to login to a system like that with your 360, so unless you can find another access point, you may be out of luck. =/

enderwiggin13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It's coming from the router itself.

What are the specifics of your setup? Is it the certified xbox wireless adapter? What kind of router? what kind of internet setup? etc...

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

What are the specifics of your setup? Is it the certified xbox wireless adapter? What kind of router? what kind of internet setup? etc...

Yes it's the official adaptor, I'm unsure as to what kind of router it is. Could you expand upon what you mean by internet set up?

Leitner on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Leitner wrote: »

Yes it's the official adaptor, I'm unsure as to what kind of router it is. Could you expand upon what you mean by internet set up?

that error means that your router isn't providing enough traffic to connect you to live, and keep everything else going. it has to be at like 1800 I thing. You can change it in the router settings, or download software to do it. The router is your problem though. When I asked about internet setup I meant if you had cable, dsl, or satallite (which really doesn't work)

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?