As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Drugged Out Roommate

SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGamingRegistered User regular
edited September 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Alright, so here's the situation. 4 bedroom 2 bath apartment. There are 2 annoying roommates and 1 awesome roommate. One of the annoying roommates is a giant stoner. As in, he is frequently high before even going to class. (This is a dorm on a college campus, and drugs are of course illegal and prohibited, along with alcohol and such.) Said stoner told me he plans to hold a shindig here this weekend, where he and several friends will get high, watch the matrix, and do acid.

Me and cool roommate have a buddy who is awesome and would love to move in with us. None of us really like stoner roommmate. So the question is, aside from us being all uncomfortable with a bunch of people getting stoned near my stuff, should we tell the RA about their little acid get together? Obviously, we could just say we're not comfortable with that, but the other annoying roommate already said that he didn't want pot in the place, and we all agreed, and stoner roommate has clearly violated that (even smoked IN the room, which stank to high heaven in the hallway.)

Should I be a snitch?

SniperGuy on
«13456789

Posts

  • saltinesssaltiness Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Snitching would be a very bitch thing to do (it might get him kicked out of school). You should just tell him you're not comfortable with him and his buddies doing illegal activities in the house. If he doesn't listen to you then threaten snitching.

    saltiness on
    XBL: heavenkils
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'd definitely be worried, given that this is a school dorm, that if/when he gets caught, you might get in trouble as well. Yea, I'd tell the RA so that there's a record that it's him and not you.

    Scooter on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Have you considered...

    Talking to him? Speaking from experience, we 'heads may have habits, but most of us tend to be reasonable if it's brought to our attention that we're bothering others.

    Edit: I didn't read the part about violating the previous agreement. I say it's time to give him the dreaded 'last warning'. Tell him if you can smell it, so can the RAs.

    Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • variantvariant Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    If anything happens you ALL will get in trouble.

    But don't snitch just let him know that he can't do that shit there, he'll just think you're not "down/cool," and probably not do it there anymore, if he still does the shindig, go ahead and file for a roommate change request with all your other roommates and make up a reason.

    variant on
  • InsiderInsider Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    You never snitch on someone you live with. EVER.

    You are in fucking college. There are drugs. They are not "OMG EVIL". Are you a freshman? I'm going to assume so since you are still in the dorms.

    If you snitch, all the people there will at least be kicked out of the dorms and possibly kicked out of school. Do you want to be that much of a dick becuase your room mate wants to have some friends over and smoke some pot?

    If you won't join them (again, drugs aren't the devil) then just leave the dorm that night and make a compromise with your room mate. Just tell him you don't really like drugs and that is ok this time, but don't do it very often. You should be talking to him about the situation instead.

    Whatever you do, don't snitch.

    Insider on
    Steam
    Sneaky..
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    C'mon. I'm all for more flexibility in drug laws myself, but RAs aren't stupid. If this guy keeps this up (and I'm assuming this is all of what, 3-4 weeks into the school year for him, only 8 more months to go!), it's gonna get found out, and he will suffer the consequences for not speaking up. Why put your education on the line for some dumbass?


    If you're gonna have drug-fueled parties, you don't do them in the kind of enviroment where you need an ID pass to get into your own room.

    Scooter on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Insider wrote: »
    You never snitch on someone you live with. EVER.

    You are in fucking college. There are drugs. They are not "OMG EVIL". Are you a freshman? I'm going to assume so since you are still in the dorms.

    If you snitch, all the people there will at least be kicked out of the dorms and possibly kicked out of school. Do you want to be that much of a dick becuase your room mate wants to have some friends over and smoke some pot?

    If you won't join them (again, drugs aren't the devil) then just leave the dorm that night and make a compromise with your room mate. Just tell him you don't really like drugs and that is ok this time, but don't do it very often. You should be talking to him about the situation instead.

    Whatever you do, don't snitch.

    Absolutely not. I'm a sophmore for one (transfer student), and I have smoked marijuana before and quite enjoyed it. I am not OMG EVIL DRUGS. They're also planning on doing acid, and are an EXTREMELY sketchy lot. Like the kind I wouldn't be suprised might bust into my room and steal stuff kind. I had planned to go home this weekend before this, and now I'm not sure at all.

    SniperGuy on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    This is not your problem. Guess what, it's not evil, but it sure as god-damn hell is illegal, and you shouldn't have to put up with it. You've got a legitimate problem, it's not snitching. You gave him the benefit of the doubt - don't smoke in the room, and I don't say a word.

    If someone wants to experiment, that's their business, but it's not "being a bitch" to want your things not smelling like weed.

    "Oh, he'll get kicked out of school." Hey, you take a risk doing things that are illegal.

    Delzhand on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    C'mon. I'm all for more flexibility in drug laws myself, but RAs aren't stupid. If this guy keeps this up (and I'm assuming this is all of what, 3-4 weeks into the school year for him, only 8 more months to go!), it's gonna get found out, and he will suffer the consequences for not speaking up. Why put your education on the line for some dumbass?


    If you're gonna have drug-fueled parties, you don't do them in the kind of enviroment where you need an ID pass to get into your own room.

    Fun fact as well, stoner man has been so drugged that he hasn't gone to but like 3 of one of his classes. He has missed about 5 quizzes and one entire test thus far.

    SniperGuy on
  • GameHatGameHat Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    My 2 cents,

    It's a college dorm. I'm sure the rules were clearly laid out for you before you moved in. I'm also pretty sure drug use was established as "Not OK".

    Since a dorm is more or less a common and shared living arrangement, you have no obligation to put up with behavior that not only you are uncomfortable with but also might put you / your stuff at risk - legal, physical or otherwise.

    Being a snitch is weak. Talk directly to the stoner, tell him you are simply not OK with having a bunch of chemically altered people in your home.

    This isn't about whether drugs are "good" or "bad". I got no problem with a bit of usage. This is about respecting a common living area.

    If he throws the party? Turn him in, provided you confronted him earlier. You told him what you felt, if he didn't bother to respect your wishes you ain't got nothing to feel bad about.

    Either way, start looking for a new place to live. If you can put together 2 other "good" roomies, you should be able to find a decent place you all can live with.

    GameHat on
  • saltinesssaltiness Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Insider wrote: »
    You never snitch on someone you live with. EVER.

    You are in fucking college. There are drugs. They are not "OMG EVIL". Are you a freshman? I'm going to assume so since you are still in the dorms.

    If you snitch, all the people there will at least be kicked out of the dorms and possibly kicked out of school. Do you want to be that much of a dick becuase your room mate wants to have some friends over and smoke some pot?

    If you won't join them (again, drugs aren't the devil) then just leave the dorm that night and make a compromise with your room mate. Just tell him you don't really like drugs and that is ok this time, but don't do it very often. You should be talking to him about the situation instead.

    Whatever you do, don't snitch.

    Absolutely not. I'm a sophmore for one (transfer student), and I have smoked marijuana before and quite enjoyed it. I am not OMG EVIL DRUGS. They're also planning on doing acid, and are an EXTREMELY sketchy lot. Like the kind I wouldn't be suprised might bust into my room and steal stuff kind. I had planned to go home this weekend before this, and now I'm not sure at all.
    In that case just tell him he absolutely cannot have his acid party or you and the other roommates will be forced to report him. Cite the fact that you don't like his friends and don't want your shit stolen.

    saltiness on
    XBL: heavenkils
  • Caelum MilitisCaelum Militis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It would be "snitching" to report your neighbor across the street to the cops cause you saw something through his window.

    This is protecting yourself from getting dragged down with him. Talking to him about it first is great, but going to an RA is most definitely something you should consider. Don't feel guilty for protecting yourself on this. If someone from outside your dorm reports this (smells it in the halls, etc), and an inspection or whatnot doesn't prove exactly who the culprit is, you can -all- get in trouble. I've seen it happen, more then a few times.

    Caelum Militis on
    ~Unyielding resolve has no conquerer~
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Scooter wrote: »
    C'mon. I'm all for more flexibility in drug laws myself, but RAs aren't stupid. If this guy keeps this up (and I'm assuming this is all of what, 3-4 weeks into the school year for him, only 8 more months to go!), it's gonna get found out, and he will suffer the consequences for not speaking up. Why put your education on the line for some dumbass?


    If you're gonna have drug-fueled parties, you don't do them in the kind of enviroment where you need an ID pass to get into your own room.

    Fun fact as well, stoner man has been so drugged that he hasn't gone to but like 3 of one of his classes. He has missed about 5 quizzes and one entire test thus far.


    Hell, at this point I'd assume he's gonna get kicked out anyways, reporting him would just save him some time.

    Scooter on
  • InsiderInsider Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Insider wrote: »
    You never snitch on someone you live with. EVER.

    You are in fucking college. There are drugs. They are not "OMG EVIL". Are you a freshman? I'm going to assume so since you are still in the dorms.

    If you snitch, all the people there will at least be kicked out of the dorms and possibly kicked out of school. Do you want to be that much of a dick becuase your room mate wants to have some friends over and smoke some pot?

    If you won't join them (again, drugs aren't the devil) then just leave the dorm that night and make a compromise with your room mate. Just tell him you don't really like drugs and that is ok this time, but don't do it very often. You should be talking to him about the situation instead.

    Whatever you do, don't snitch.

    Absolutely not. I'm a sophmore for one (transfer student), and I have smoked marijuana before and quite enjoyed it. I am not OMG EVIL DRUGS. They're also planning on doing acid, and are an EXTREMELY sketchy lot. Like the kind I wouldn't be suprised might bust into my room and steal stuff kind. I had planned to go home this weekend before this, and now I'm not sure at all.

    Alright then, thats more understandable. Just tell him straight up (with your other room mates) that none of you want this to go down and not to do it or you will get the RA involved.


    If they do end up doing it make sure to mess with them while they are tripping before you go to the RA just for some fun haha.

    Insider on
    Steam
    Sneaky..
  • Nitsuj82Nitsuj82 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    If you all live together and you guys don't like him, how did he end up in your room?

    Talk to your RA with the condition that he doesn't go to the RHD, and then have him "stop by" during the party. That is...if you can't do it yourself or with a house meeting.

    Nitsuj82 on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    Nitsuj82.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nitsuj82 wrote: »
    If you all live together and you guys don't like him, how did he end up in your room?

    Talk to your RA with the condition that he doesn't go to the RHD, and then have him "stop by" during the party. That is...if you can't do it yourself or with a house meeting.

    Dorms aren't really a pick and choose situation, especially when you don't know the people going into it. It was totally random.

    SniperGuy on
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Well you're right to be worried. People who tend to decide to get together specifically to do acid after it was established that they shouldn't smoke pot in the dorm to begin with doesn't sound like things are going in your favor.

    First of all the effects of said drug last from eight to eighteen hours not to mention the fact that the psychological impact varies.

    I'd focus more on what you feel like dealing with right now. I mean do you really want to keep having these people over at your place so they can get baked, do acid and god knows what else?

    Having peace of mind that you can come home to your room and not deal with bullshit is priceless. I'd personally flat out tell the guy that if he wants to have little acid parties and make the place smell like a camel's ass he better find another place to squat because you don't feel like explaining it to people that come when complaints are filed.

    Meiz on
  • Nitsuj82Nitsuj82 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Nitsuj82 wrote: »
    If you all live together and you guys don't like him, how did he end up in your room?

    Talk to your RA with the condition that he doesn't go to the RHD, and then have him "stop by" during the party. That is...if you can't do it yourself or with a house meeting.

    Dorms aren't really a pick and choose situation, especially when you don't know the people going into it. It was totally random.

    By sophomore year, you bet your ass it is. I had roommates I knew after my freshman year.

    Nitsuj82 on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    Nitsuj82.png
  • The CowThe Cow Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Sketchy motherfuckers doing acid are unlikely to steal your stuff, especially if you're there to watch over it. They are (hopefully) more likely to insist on informing you of their profound revelations, or perhaps totally freaking the fuck out. I'd talk to you roommate about it beforehand, maybe get him to transfer the shenanigans somewhere else, try not to get too aggravated at them or aggravate them during their trip hooliganisms, and then if they are particularly annoying tell him so afterwards as well.

    Do not snitch on them. RAs and Conduct Coordinators do not respond well to weed - acid will cause them to shit their pants and then promptly do as much damage to your roommate and his friends as possible. Don't be that guy. If anything, hopefully doing acid in a situation where he is clearly upsetting people he is living with might, I dunno, get him to stop being a douchenozzle. Don't count on it, though.

    The Cow on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nitsuj82 wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Nitsuj82 wrote: »
    If you all live together and you guys don't like him, how did he end up in your room?

    Talk to your RA with the condition that he doesn't go to the RHD, and then have him "stop by" during the party. That is...if you can't do it yourself or with a house meeting.

    Dorms aren't really a pick and choose situation, especially when you don't know the people going into it. It was totally random.

    By sophomore year, you bet your ass it is. I had roommates I knew after my freshman year.

    I'm a transfer student. I'm a sophomore at a brand new college.


    The trouble is, what if he doesn't do it now, but just waits until we're not there, and then gets toked up and the cops bust me and my cool roommate too? Even if he doesn't have his acid party, he's proven he's not really trustworthy in that regard.

    Also, fun note I just discovered, cool roommate printed a picture of Jesus with a message saying "Clean up your damn kitchen mess!" and put it on our fridge. Stoner roommate responded by drawing a joint in Jesus's mouth. Sigh.

    SniperGuy on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nitsuj82 wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Nitsuj82 wrote: »
    If you all live together and you guys don't like him, how did he end up in your room?

    Talk to your RA with the condition that he doesn't go to the RHD, and then have him "stop by" during the party. That is...if you can't do it yourself or with a house meeting.

    Dorms aren't really a pick and choose situation, especially when you don't know the people going into it. It was totally random.

    By sophomore year, you bet your ass it is. I had roommates I knew after my freshman year.

    Not everyone is so lucky.

    KalTorak on
  • supertallsupertall Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    If he does have his little party, don't leave your stuff unsupervised. It WILL go missing.

    supertall on
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Nitsuj82 wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Nitsuj82 wrote: »
    If you all live together and you guys don't like him, how did he end up in your room?

    Talk to your RA with the condition that he doesn't go to the RHD, and then have him "stop by" during the party. That is...if you can't do it yourself or with a house meeting.

    Dorms aren't really a pick and choose situation, especially when you don't know the people going into it. It was totally random.

    By sophomore year, you bet your ass it is. I had roommates I knew after my freshman year.

    I'm a transfer student. I'm a sophomore at a brand new college.


    The trouble is, what if he doesn't do it now, but just waits until we're not there, and then gets toked up and the cops bust me and my cool roommate too? Even if he doesn't have his acid party, he's proven he's not really trustworthy in that regard.


    Also, fun note I just discovered, cool roommate printed a picture of Jesus with a message saying "Clean up your damn kitchen mess!" and put it on our fridge. Stoner roommate responded by drawing a joint in Jesus's mouth. Sigh.

    Yep, then you and your education is pretty much screwed. It's not worth turning the other cheek when it happens to be the one on your rear. You've already tried reasoning with the guy and that's not working.

    Meiz on
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The Cow wrote: »
    Sketchy motherfuckers doing acid are unlikely to steal your stuff, especially if you're there to watch over it. They are (hopefully) more likely to insist on informing you of their profound revelations, or perhaps totally freaking the fuck out. I'd talk to you roommate about it beforehand, maybe get him to transfer the shenanigans somewhere else, try not to get too aggravated at them or aggravate them during their trip hooliganisms, and then if they are particularly annoying tell him so afterwards as well.

    Do not snitch on them. RAs and Conduct Coordinators do not respond well to weed - acid will cause them to shit their pants and then promptly do as much damage to your roommate and his friends as possible. Don't be that guy. If anything, hopefully doing acid in a situation where he is clearly upsetting people he is living with might, I dunno, get him to stop being a douchenozzle. Don't count on it, though.

    I don't understand why there's people advicing not to tell the RA. Maybe I have an asshole streak in me, or just because I have the general view that most stoners aren't worth much(note I didn't say it was the CORRECT view, just my view) but I would tell the guy, and if he goes ahead and has a party or continues to smoke, I would tell the RA. I'm sorry, but personally, I hate the way weed smells, and would not want it around my stuff and clothes.

    noir_blood on
  • Mr. H.G. BlobMr. H.G. Blob Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    noir_blood wrote: »
    The Cow wrote: »
    Sketchy motherfuckers doing acid are unlikely to steal your stuff, especially if you're there to watch over it. They are (hopefully) more likely to insist on informing you of their profound revelations, or perhaps totally freaking the fuck out. I'd talk to you roommate about it beforehand, maybe get him to transfer the shenanigans somewhere else, try not to get too aggravated at them or aggravate them during their trip hooliganisms, and then if they are particularly annoying tell him so afterwards as well.

    Do not snitch on them. RAs and Conduct Coordinators do not respond well to weed - acid will cause them to shit their pants and then promptly do as much damage to your roommate and his friends as possible. Don't be that guy. If anything, hopefully doing acid in a situation where he is clearly upsetting people he is living with might, I dunno, get him to stop being a douchenozzle. Don't count on it, though.

    I don't understand why there's people advicing not to tell the RA. Maybe I have an asshole streak in me, or just because I have the general view that most stoners aren't worth much(note I didn't say it was the CORRECT view, just my view) but I would tell the guy, and if he goes ahead and has a party or continues to smoke, I would tell the RA. I'm sorry, but personally, I hate the way weed smells, and would not want it around my stuff and clothes.

    Buzzkill. Weed smell dissipates pretty quickly.

    Mr. H.G. Blob on
  • Dulcius_ex_asperisDulcius_ex_asperis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Delzhand wrote: »
    This is not your problem. Guess what, it's not evil, but it sure as god-damn hell is illegal, and you shouldn't have to put up with it. You've got a legitimate problem, it's not snitching. You gave him the benefit of the doubt - don't smoke in the room, and I don't say a word.

    If someone wants to experiment, that's their business, but it's not "being a bitch" to want your things not smelling like weed.

    "Oh, he'll get kicked out of school." Hey, you take a risk doing things that are illegal.

    Totally, completely agree with all of this.


    And man, that 'weed smell' doesn't dissipate quickly. I've been able to smell that shit on my brother's stuff for weeks at time. Especially if it's smoked in a closed space. Oh man, it reeks.

    Dulcius_ex_asperis on
  • skimbleshanksskimbleshanks __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    telling the RA would be the most dickheaded thing you could do. anyone who suggests snitching is a coward who doesnt have the huevos to confront people. just talk to him about it. if he gets pissed off change your room or move out or whatever. he's the idiot who's gonna get caught. let him make his own bed.

    skimbleshanks on
    The more laws and order are made prominent,
    The more thieves and robbers there will be.
    -Lao-tzu
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    telling the RA would be the most dickheaded thing you could do. anyone who suggests snitching is a coward who doesnt have the huevos to confront people. just talk to him about it. if he gets pissed off change your room or move out or whatever. he's the idiot who's gonna get caught. let him make his own bed.

    I don't believe anyone who advocated telling the RA suggested to do it quietly.

    I believe they all said "confront him directly, and if he disregards you and does it anyway, THEN call the RA."

    Dhalphir on
  • CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Jesus christ, people.

    Its not snitching, its not being a dick. Its Sniperguy protecting his fucking future from being affected by some loser that seems to be demonstrating no effort to actually attend for the education (skipping classes).

    This guy is breaking the law in a manner that will eventually be detected, and is proposing a party with hard drugs with unpredictable side effects in Sniperguy's shared student accomodation. Fuck all that juvenile 'dont be a snitch' bullshit. Protect yourself first. You're not the one breaking the law here.

    Cryogen on
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    Cryogen wrote: »
    Jesus christ, people.

    Its not snitching, its not being a dick. Its Sniperguy protecting his fucking future from being affected by some loser that seems to be demonstrating no effort to actually attend for the education (skipping classes).

    This guy is breaking the law in a manner that will eventually be detected, and is proposing a party with hard drugs with unpredictable side effects in Sniperguy's shared student accomodation. Fuck all that juvenile 'dont be a snitch' bullshit. Protect yourself first. You're not the one breaking the law here.

    The first step is to talk to him about it and tell him he's not comfortable with it. Not going to the authorities.

    Doc on
  • CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Doc wrote: »
    Cryogen wrote: »
    Jesus christ, people.

    Its not snitching, its not being a dick. Its Sniperguy protecting his fucking future from being affected by some loser that seems to be demonstrating no effort to actually attend for the education (skipping classes).

    This guy is breaking the law in a manner that will eventually be detected, and is proposing a party with hard drugs with unpredictable side effects in Sniperguy's shared student accomodation. Fuck all that juvenile 'dont be a snitch' bullshit. Protect yourself first. You're not the one breaking the law here.

    The first step is to talk to him about it and tell him he's not comfortable with it. Not going to the authorities.

    They've told him they dont want drugs in the room already.

    Cryogen on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Cryogen wrote: »
    Jesus christ, people....*snip*....Fuck all that juvenile 'dont be a snitch' bullshit. Protect yourself first. You're not the one breaking the law here.

    Dhalphir on
  • bitchy mcsnitchbitchy mcsnitch __BANNED USERS new member
    edited September 2007
    weed r evil i wud tell da RA cuz goin to da athoritees is teh best ting 2 do in n e sitchuashun..,.seersly pps y not go 2 RA n tell him?

    bitchy mcsnitch on
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    weed r evil i wud tell da RA cuz goin to da athoritees is teh best ting 2 do in n e sitchuashun..,.seersly pps y not go 2 RA n tell him?

    This is H/A, get your fucking alt out of here you asshole

    ronzo on
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    A one-use alt. I applaud you.

    Doc on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Cryogen wrote: »
    They've told him they dont want drugs in the room already.

    "I don't want you to do X" is not the same as "If you do X I will do Y."

    The first step is to say, clearly, "If you continue to do drugs in our dorm room I will report you."

    At that point, it's his choice whether he wants to deal with the consequences.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    Wait, do you guys share an actual apartment, or just a quad? Because if it's a quad, it's between the guys that share the dorm room.

    Doc on
  • PongePonge Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I've not read the entire post so excuse me if this has already been said.

    Why can't they all go to one of your druggie room mates friends places instead? Your room isn't a drop in centre for drug experimentation.

    Ponge on
  • GorgeeenGorgeeen __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    On the day of their party report them. You'll be doing them a favor. I have reported many people before and have gotten many people kicked out school, arrested, or whatever and I don't regret it, nor do I even care.

    Maybe people call me a douche. But nobody calls me a fucking douche. Because they know I went to jail once for stabbing a guy myself.

    Gorgeeen on
    No god damnit! The sheriff is a nig*Church Bells*r!!
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Pensies are "just kinda ugly" any way you slice it.

    Or don't slice it.
  • Nexus ZeroNexus Zero Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    supertall wrote: »
    If he does have his little party, don't leave your stuff unsupervised. It WILL go missing.

    Why?

    Look, for fuck's sake, just talk to him. Ask him to put a towel under his door or something. I assume you all have separate rooms? In which case, I doubt you'll get in trouble if he gets found out. Me and a friend smoked a lot of weed in the first year of Uni when we lived in a similar situation. It wasn't quite so supervised because, well this is England and we're treated like adults before we hit the age of 25. But still, he probably doesn't smell what you smell. We were horrified when we were told the hallway smelled of weed despite towel and open window, but they told us at the end of the year so to be honest I don't really give a shit. If we were told sooner we would have spent more time outside.
    I have reported many people before and have gotten many people kicked out school, arrested, or whatever and I don't regret it, nor do I even care.

    Maybe people call me a douche. But nobody calls me a fucking douche. Because they know I went to jail once for stabbing a guy myself.

    You're worse than a 'fucking douche', you're a snivelling piece of shit excuse for a vertebrate human being. There's a big difference between sending someone to jail for stabbing someone and smoking pot or trying a bit of fucking acid. Christ, it's university. A lot of you need to take a stick out of your ass because I'm sorry, but this is what happens there.

    Nexus Zero on
    sig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.