As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Where is Mankrik's [chat]?

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    EVERY class.

I wont be able to do it though, I level too slowly. Currently one 70, one 43, one 26, and several 16's.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I tried that whole 70 of every class thing, but I get too focused on one character to even consider actually ever doing it. One day i'll probably have 3 different classes at 70, but not anytime soon.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ...I'm working on every class, but I'll probably have four 70 paladins first. For some reason they level fastest.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    SabreMau wrote: »
    ...I'm working on every class, but I'll probably have four 70 paladins first. For some reason they level fastest.

No they don't.

That's just all you play.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    SabreMau wrote: »

No they don't.

That's just all you play.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Nah, last two level-ups I got were on my undead warrior.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    8 down, 1 to go. (Shaman at 40)

Just having the characters created is the starting point. Get 'em to 20 or so (every class plays quickly in those levels), park them for 10 days to get full rested, play for 2 levels (full rested is 1.5 levels, but with questing you can easily stretch it to 2), park again.

Rotate through 2-3+ alts as this occurs.

Several months later: 70's, with minimal time /played. The actual time taken in calandar months is significantly longer, of course, but you have the advantage of getting the most out of your kills.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, I don't think I've been in "normal" mode since my priest hit 70, way back in January. Since there are only 10 levels separating 60 and 70, 1.5 levels of rested is pretty huge... and since it doesn't affect quest turn ins, you can stretch it out quite a bit.

Of course now, getting to 60 is the hard part... Shammy is at 63, so he'll be #6 soon. Then once the patch hits, the guys in the 50's and 30's will start making the long haul.

dojango on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    How did you handle the 40-58 stretch? I'm stuck there on my lock. Had no trouble leveling quickly until I hit that point. And then outlands is really easy leveling again.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hrm... STV if you hit everything but the really dumb quests goes a long way, up until the early 40's as I recall. I think the Hinterlands picks up around that area, if not a bit higher. Tanaris is around the low 40's I think, though mid 40's is where things become quick and easy. High 40's and early 50's are around Un'goro, Blasted Lands, and the Plaguelands. Felwood and Winterspring also pop up in this area, but it's been over a year since I did the 1-60 climb, so exact levels/order to hit the zones might be off a bit, but that's the general idea.

Once you have your mount, you can do like 10 zones at 2 levels per zone easily (plus any instance runs that happen to be available), so while it's not nearly as quick and smooth as the climb up to 40 (in my opinion/experience), I never found it so horrifically painful that I just dropped characters over it. But again, Rested makes everything better, so that may have coloured my experience... coloured it blue.

Forar on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Well I'm 43 now. I've been doing STV, but getting in the harder to solo quests. So I need something to get me a couple levels, and I'll return. I'm saving ZF for 47, because I can get all the quests at that point except for ghazrilla I believe. (which i think is 50)

I'll pick up a few quests in Tanaris and Hinterlands, see how difficult they are, and decide from there. And I've been working on the rested thing. Everything is fully rested at the moment. Problem is I'll burn through the rested on all my alts before the first alt's rested again.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The quest level for Gahz'rilla is only 46 :P. Feralas has some decent 40ish quests, but, I recall it favoring Horde.

Hinterlands is best approached at 45+ I believe

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Well, my druid was level 40 or so when TBC came out... so when I levelled him, the olde worlde was pretty dead. So, no instancing for me... Except for one weird all blood elf ZF run.
    But Tanaris->Feralas->Finish STV->Tanaris->Hinterlands->Un'goro->Felwood->WPL/EPL->winterspring did it for me, as I recall. All rested, though.

Just takes forever... and I remember doing some of the stupidly annoying quests, like the one where you have to get samples from mobs in Tanaris, and only about 1 in 10 are actually usable by that mad scientist. Also did the entire Linkin quest for the first time.

dojango on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I <3 the Linken line. However, I usually drop it about 3/4 of the way through, when you leave Ungoro and they ask you to wander half the fucking world.

Oh yeah, Silithus becomes viable in the mid to late 50's, and Feralas is somewhere around there as well. So that's like 11 zones to get 18 levels.

Once I hit 58, I'm going to AH a bunch of greens where possible, and just whore myself out for Citadel/Furnace runs until I'm 1 point of rep from Honoured (and hopefully, around 60-61). Even unrested, ripping those places up back to back is just dumb amounts of experience, and with a crew that has half a clue, fairly quick and easy at that.

Forar on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Just to be clear, Feralas is 40-50. If you're alliance don't hope to be there even remotely that long; horde have a decent set of quests though.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    40-50 is murder compared to how painless 50-58 is. I almost had to close out EPL quests, which surprised me, until I realized I'd skipped Burning Steppes entirely.

Oh, and I voluntarily skipped Silithus.

There's just such a wealth of 50+ zones that from your Sunken Temple run onward, it's smooth (albeit sometimes tedious) sailing. Oh, and don't forget that the first turn-ins for each of the tokens at Light's Hope Chapel give experience -- a fairly hefty amount.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, from Feralas: There's a decent AP cape, horde side, which is easy to get, from the Grimtotem quests. My druid and mage were skinners, so I didn't mind doing all those crazy quests all over the damn world for that crazy troll, but there you have it.

As for alliance, I don't know. I think alliance can start out in WPL before horde can, because that Scarlet Diversions quest is a real pain in the fundament.

And Azshara, how could I forget Azshara? Dunno if the alliance have many quests there, tho, seems like another place with more horde quests than alliance ones.

dojango on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2007
    Early 40s suck. Constantly going between STV, Feralas and Tanaris. Run RFD or Uldaman as much as possible. Badlands really needs more quests.

Late 40s are better. Hinterlands are FANTASTIC for Horde. It's an easy level or two. Alliance might get something as well out of there. Searing Gorge is an oft-forgotten leveling hub that people neglect because the place was HELL to leveling in due to all the 60s traveling to and from Blackrock Mountain. These quests were added post-launch, and you can see the evolution in Blizzard's quest design (better rewards, logical locations, etc.). A very nice area, do not forget it.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What level are the new quests in Duskwallow Marsh supposed to be?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Azshara has like....three alliance quests. It's pretty weak.

I'm just glad I'm never starting a character again and once my Pally is 70 and rolling in groups I can finish leveling my mage - AoE grinding I can do over 1000xp a minute while rested (Same with my Pally when she was 50 - 58).

I may seem kinda weird for this, but my favorite non-combat pet in the game is the little sprite darter hatchling only Alliance can get - which makes the short time spent in Feralas worthwhile.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Badlands really needs more quests.

Badlands needs more non-elite quests... nerfing the mobs outside of Ulda should give 3-4 more soloable quests, I think. Also, the Sign of Earth quest, if the summoned dragons are no longer elite.

dojango on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Damnit, I forgot Burning Steppes and.... whatever that zone north of the Burning Steppes is.

13 zones across 18 levels. 1.5 levels per zone, and that's probably just by doing the quick and easier quests. The LHC token turn ins are indeed glorious exp, also, the various cloth turn ins for each capital (5 in total) are wonderful, though they can get pricey. On my server, Linen and Silk are dirt cheap, Wool can be a bit pricey depending on the ebb and flow of demand / supply, Mageweave is usually fucking expensive, and then Runecloth is pretty reasonable.

Also, don't forget to pick up your AV weapon quest at 51. For many classes, it's one of the cheapest and easiest upgrades you can get and it'll often last you a while.

Forar on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    AV Weapon quest? where do I get it (Horde Side)?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    AV Weapon quest? where do I get it (Horde Side)?

Talk to the Frostwolf Ambassador in Org. They'll send you to the AV entrance near TM. There's the quest to win AV... win it, go back, and the guy will give you the choice of weapons.

dojango on
  • Options
    zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I remember when I leveled both of my Alliance characters, I stuck to the Eastern Kingdoms 48+ - Feralas & Azshara are sparse on quests, though Azshara is great for grinding. And laughing at the idiots killing the Timbermaw furblogs there. Looking forward to your naked run through WS, aren't ya?

Winterspring was Horde country on a pvp server, I didn't stay there too long. Try & do a quest, see 10 Horde at the quest spot. Move to next spot, see five Horde ride by. Oops, wait, a lvl 60 rode back to gank. I think I did WPL/EPL the last five levels on my lock.

I went up to Hinterlands to grab the FP, didn't have many quests there, except The Ancient Egg quest line, I forgot where that starts.

Went to Silithus the last two levels on my druid. I hated lvl 42-50 on both characters. I spent most of that grinding.

zagi on
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hrm, ok. I've signed up for the free 10-day trial. It says if I ever want to 'upgrade' I'll need a retail code.

So that means I actually have to go out and purchase the game, despite already having all the data? One of the draws of this was I wouldn't have to pay 50-some odd dollars to buy a game that I would then need to pay 15/month to play.

Magus` on
  • Options
    CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Magus` wrote: »
    Hrm, ok. I've signed up for the free 10-day trial. It says if I ever want to 'upgrade' I'll need a retail code.

So that means I actually have to go out and purchase the game, despite already having all the data? One of the draws of this was I wouldn't have to pay 50-some odd dollars to buy a game that I would then need to pay 15/month to play.

You won't. Game is 20 bucks, comes with a month. Expansion is another 30, but you only need that at 60 or if you want to be a Blood Elf/Draenei.

CJTheran on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Or you could get the WoW Battle Chest pack for $40 (or less) and get the retail game, the expansion, and some bookstuffs to read offline.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    mfc144mfc144 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    For leveling I wholeheartedly recommend the James Guide.
    http://wow-pro.com/node/599 - Alliance
    http://wow-pro.com/node/754 - Horde

This is really only for those who have been through the 1-60 content a few times already and don't mind missing some quest-lines/Lore.

I've never done the alliance side, but the horde guide is so smooth it's unreal how quickly you pile on the levels. The way the quests are grouped, you make these little ventures out to kill stuff, and come back an hour or two later with 10 quests to turn it. I especially liked how the Barrens, Desolace, and STV (zones that I hate the quests in) were actually enjoyable.

mfc144 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Go Horde, you can thank me later.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Go Horde, you can thank me later.

I'm tempted to say "But the Alliance has no 'barrens chat'"....except.....General is probably the Alliance version of Barrens chat.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Ok, few questions.

I'm playing a Mage. Pretty standard so far. Burn shit. I've come across a LOT of armor that I don't have the 'profiency' to use yet. The game doesn't tell me what this means, so.. what does that mean? Obviously it means I need some better stat or something but WHAT stat? A lot of the gear is either leather or chain. Maybe I just can't wear that at my class?

Also, is their storage of some sort? I keep getting my inventory full.

Magus` on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Mages can only wear cloth.

Edit: Also, there's banks in the main cities.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Oh, so I can just sell all these leather and chain things? It's a shame cause they have awesome armour ratings, but if I can't wear them period, oh well.

Magus` on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    As a mage you can only wear items that are cloth.

There is a Bank in the capital cities, go to a city of the faction you are in and right click on one of the guards, they will give you directions to different places.

Seg on
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Don't worry about getting high armor as a mage, you should focus more on int, then maybe stamina. Spell damage is nice also, but you won't see that for a while.

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Magus` wrote: »
    Oh, so I can just sell all these leather and chain things? It's a shame cause they have awesome armour ratings, but if I can't wear them period, oh well.

Yeah, you can only wear cloth and only equip weapons that you have the skill for (I think you start with staves, mages can learn to equip daggers and one handed swords as well, but don't worry about that).

And armor rating for a mage isn't a big deal. You get to nuke stuff to death before it gets to you. Trust me. An undead mage was my first 60 and I'm working on a human mage to take the place of my hunter in raiding. Mages are freaking sweet.

Also, if the armor text is grey or white and you can't equip it, or it's not an upgrade, just sell it to a vendor. Don't carry that stuff around, it's not worth anything.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    For the most part, during the really early levels, you can just vendor anything you're not using. You really wont have anything worth saving at that point.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Magus:

One of the first things you want to do is get some bags.

You'll see down where your backpack is that there are four other slots. They're for more bags. Fill them up with the biggest bags you can afford.

That girl you're playing with? Get her to buy you some. They're cheap as dirt for her but very expensive for you.

You won't see anything with any sort of enchantment on it until you get to about level 10, depending on what race you rolled. The two main things you want to see on your gear are Intellect and Stamina. Ignore the armour values. Spirit bonuses are nice too, but they're not something you go out of your way to get. You also want +Spell Damage bonuses, but you're not goin to see those for a long time. At level 55 I had +93 spell damage...ten levels later at 65 I had +490, spell damage stacks up quickly in Outland.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    For the most part, during the really early levels, you can just vendor anything you're not using. You really wont have anything worth saving at that point.

I remember the day I started playing, I was at an internet cafe with a friend that played. I'd poke him every time I'd kill a mob. "Dude, do you think I'm gonna need this Rabbit Foot later? What about this Broken Bow? Are you sure? What about this Venom Sac?"

exis on
This discussion has been closed.