As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I want to stab Itunes in the throat

chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
For about the third time Itunes has wiped my podcast section. I load up itunes, it says "importing library.something" and then says it's not compatible with itunes, and my podcast section is wiped clean. Very very aggravating. Anybody know of a way to restore it, or at least avoid it from happening again? I hate having to sort through all my podcasts to figure out what I haven't listened to yet, and then resubscribe to everything again. I'm on Vista btw, which I'm guessing might have something to do with it (never had this problem on XP).

chuck steak on

• Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    This isn't meant to sound superior in any way at all, more of just a comparison.

But the way I organize and browse ALL my digital media is Windows Explorer + Winamp Classic. Been using it for years. Never was a big fan of ID3 tags anyway, as I didn't want to re-organize all my shit, and I know with using filenames it will always no matter what be easy to sort and search. And I never have to deal with a program like iTunes thinking it knows what's best for me.

Now if there's some REASON you must use iTunes, like you own an iPod, I would honestly suggest looking into alternatives to iTunes anyway, I'm really not that big of a fan. There are ways to "hack" (term used loosely) your way around that shit.

So yeah, Windows Explorer is my god. Also great on system resources.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    LoneIgadzraLoneIgadzra Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    All I can think of is maybe something is wrong with your library file?

I never had that problem either, and don't use Vista. (But iTunes was total shit when I was using the beta, and I had to resort to Winamp.)

LoneIgadzra on
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nocturne wrote: »
    This isn't meant to sound superior in any way at all, more of just a comparison.

But the way I organize and browse ALL my digital media is Windows Explorer + Winamp Classic. Been using it for years. Never was a big fan of ID3 tags anyway, as I didn't want to re-organize all my shit, and I know with using filenames it will always no matter what be easy to sort and search. And I never have to deal with a program like iTunes thinking it knows what's best for me.

Now if there's some REASON you must use iTunes, like you own an iPod, I would honestly suggest looking into alternatives to iTunes anyway, I'm really not that big of a fan. There are ways to "hack" (term used loosely) your way around that shit.

So yeah, Windows Explorer is my god. Also great on system resources.

My music is fine, it's my podcasts that keep getting wiped. I don't know of any other way to manage my podcasts, and going to each individual podcast site and getting an rss feed or whatever sounds like more of a hassle than it's worth.

I guess I'll just have to deal with this crap.

chuck steak on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I don't think it needs to be auto-synching or whatever, I imagine this is an option you could turn off?

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1