As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Attaching a Watch face to a new strap

LuxLux Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Hi,

I recently bought the following as a gift for a friend:
945_marty_watch_full2.jpg

Now, it's cool, but it doesn't come with the watch face. You have to get that yourself and attach it. The thing is, all the watches I see at the average K-Mart & such don't seem detachable. You can take off the strap if you cut through it, but I can't figure out if you can reattach it. The little bars that holds in the straps at either side don't seem to come out. Or do they?

Has anyone taken apart watches, or know of where I can maybe buy a watch online that I can take apart & reattach to this?

Thanks

Lux on

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The little bars totally come out. You need something very small, thin and flat. They're spring-loaded, so you have to push one end in, and slide it out. I use a jeweler's screwdriver for this (it works perfectly), but not everyone knows a jeweler.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Or, if you have the strap with you, you can have the person at the jewelry counter put the strap on for you.

Uncle Long on