As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WoW noob advice

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    GrimReaper wrote: »
    The no nonsense horned fellow, can you dig it?

Also, is it possible to click on somewhere and make your character go there? (akin to Guild Wars)
    Yes and yes.

Look in the interface options menu for click-to-move.

My god, people use that!?

I was hoping that things like this and keyboard turning had gone to the wayside...

It's excellent for just running around questing and stuff, can put your feet up and read a book and not have to use auto run. Easier to pace yourself.

I still use WASD for everything but turning, or if I'm in pvp and using my left hand for abilities.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Evan WatersEvan Waters Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I've actually found keyboard turning to be easier in a lot of cases- but I sort of alternate.

Evan Waters on
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    • Rule 1: you are playing a game. The objective of a game is to have fun. If it starts feeling like work, stop playing for a while.
    • Do you, like me, have addictive aspects of your personality? If so, you might want to ration your WoW time. Never forget rule 1 -- this is a game. Reality is the important thing.
    • You can eat and drink at the same time. Yes, it's one of the "loading..." hints. No, it can't be repeated often enough to new players :)
    • Update all your skills, even the ones you don't think you're going to use. Some of them just take some figuring out.
    • The profession advice above? The one about taking some combination of skinning/mining/herbing at first until you decide what you really want? Take it. I can't say this strongly enough. You might find the "Hard Day's Night" topic on this board a wealth of information when making your decision.
    • Note the following website: www.wowhead.com. Make a shortcut/favorite to it and get used to using it. If anybody sends you to thottbot, politely nod and back away slowly.
    • There are a large number of interface modifications out there. Take a gander at them, but try out the normal interface first. I know some players that jumped straight into them and can't play on patch day as a result :P
    • DO NOT go to the official forums (which I lilke to call WoWhineplay) until your character is at least 40th level, and even then try to avoid it except to search for "blue" (official Blizzard reps) posts. You will never find a greater hive of morons and whining.
    • There is a fair amount of old information about WoW on various websites around. Be sure to check the date of any info you're reading.
    • No, your class is not broken. It may have problems, but they are being looked into -- and this is a key phrase -- at Blizzard's pace. Which, like justice, grinds slow but very thorough.
    • No, it doesn't matter what your class is. It's not broken.
    • I'm not repeating myself a third time.
    • No, your profession is not broken either -- unless its Engineering, and even then its mostly a problem post-60th level/300 skill ranks. What happened here is that Engineering was dangerously close to being viewed as a "required" profession for PvP, and Blizzard over-corrected in the expansion. It's being looked into -- at Blizzard's pace.
    • Those secondary professions -- Cooking, Fishing, First Aid? Take them as soon as you can afford to and level them. Yes, even if you're a class that summons food or can heal itself. You'll thank me later (the benefits are a little back-loaded but well worth it).
    • During the earliest levels, bag space is going to be a high priority. Don't buy bags off the vendor unless its becoming a crisis -- get to the main city and buy bags from the auction house (an important exception to the "don't buy from the AH" rule).
    • Speaking of which, that "don't buy from the AH" rule is pretty good, with the mentioned exception above and one more: when shopping for recipes here, remember any item with a "white" text name is sold on a merchant somewhere.
    • If the item's name is in grey, it's "vendor junk". So take it to the vendor and sell it (don't drop it unless you are out of bad space and got something much better). If the item's name is in white, it could be a normal item (if armor or weapon), it may be an item needed for a profession, or it may be vendor sold. If it's in green, blue, purple or (gasp) orange, it's a better quality item.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    TheEmerged wrote: »
    • DO NOT go to the official forums (which I lilke to call WoWhineplay) until your character is at least 40th level, and even then try to avoid it except to search for "blue" (official Blizzard reps) posts. You will never find a greater hive of morons and whining.

Best piece of advice ever?

I think so.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    Fatty-McPhatFatty-McPhat Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    If you find you are having a lot of trouble finding where quest objectives are, there's a nifty mod out there called Lightheaded (paired with TomTom) that will guide you to the objective, or tell you where the mobs are you need to kill, and with TomTom even places a dot on your map.

Now this is for some and not others, as some will suggest figuring it all out yourself, to explore the world, etc. But it gets old after a while spending 20 minutes trying to find some damn tigers (or Mankirks Wife).

Fatty-McPhat on
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It's weird that Mankirk's wife is singled out so much; it is no harder to find then many other quest objectives, like the "Stolen Silver" quest, or that one Dwarf's "partner" in Dun Morogh. I agree, the quest description is a little vague, but so are many of the other quests out there. Any rate, since the OP's chosen Horde, here are some directions:
    Go south from the Crossroads along the road. When you find a bridge across a dry gulch, turn right, and there are some huts by the gulch. Mankirk's wife is inside one of them. End of story.

dojango on
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Is it even possible to start playing WoW again as a new player? Last time I played (a few months ago) all the 20-60 content was a graveyard. Everybody was basically following the same quest guide on a race to 58 and if you wanted to run an instance you were at the mercy of finding someone to run you through it. Scarlet Monestary was the only instance that was somewhat similar to pre-BC levels of activity, and it was still fairly dead compared to the old days.

I also understand Blizzard is no longer opening new realms (at least until Lich King drops) so what options does a new player have? Roll on a populated server and hope to get lucky?

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    meatflower wrote: »
    Is it even possible to start playing WoW again as a new player? Last time I played (a few months ago) all the 20-60 content was a graveyard. Everybody was basically following the same quest guide on a race to 58 and if you wanted to run an instance you were at the mercy of finding someone to run you through it. Scarlet Monestary was the only instance that was somewhat similar to pre-BC levels of activity, and it was still fairly dead compared to the old days.

I also understand Blizzard is no longer opening new realms (at least until Lich King drops) so what options does a new player have? Roll on a populated server and hope to get lucky?

No, there are plenty of low populated servers still around that a new player can join. Right now there just isn't the demand for any new realms and making them would only make the whole graveyard pre-60 situation even worse.

Honestly though, the old content is dead, yeah, you'll have the rare guild who gets keyed for the old stuff for nostalgia's sake, but other than that they never see the light of day. I think Scarlet Monestary, VC, Wailing Caverns, are pretty much the only ones you'll see steady activity in anymore.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    On my server, ZF is still reasonably popular; good quest rewards, good exp and valuble cloth, and a shot at getting some good stuff. Also helps cut down the 40-50 grind, which we can all agree on.

But even the lower TBC instances are dead; been trying to get a ramparts group, no luck, SP or UB, no luck...

dojango on
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Well, i've just ordered WoW. I've liked what i've played so far.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    One of us! One of us!

Tav on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Wavechaser wrote:
    * DO NOT go to the official forums (which I lilke to call WoWhineplay) until your character is at least 40th level, and even then try to avoid it except to search for "blue" (official Blizzard reps) posts. You will never find a greater hive of morons and whining.

Best piece of advice ever?

I think so.

The UI & Macros Forum is an exception. However, read the stickies lest ye be destroyed.

Speaking of UI Mods, hook yourself up. I find the default Blizzard UI to be utter crap, but even if you don't I'd recommend a few things, like TomTom for map coordinates (can't get by without them) and FuBar, which creates small, movable resizable bars that you can put wondrous plugins of many kinds upon, plugins for Experience, plugins for money, for durability, for bags, for anything your cold heart could desire. Oh, FuBar is a wondrous thing.

I'm a big fan of versatility, so I'm gonna recommend you roll yourself a Paladin as your main. God knows what kind of flak I'm gonna catch for this, but the simple fact is that Paladins can be good Tanks or good Healers at 70, and as long as you're a reasonable player, they *never die* while soloing. Come level 35, you can respec Prot, allowing you to grind large groups of melee mobs forever. If you stay Horde, you'll have to roll a Blood Elf to be a Paladin, which means you'll be in one of the new starting areas, which is great because they're far superior to the old ones. Of course, Blood Elves in general get a pretty bad rap, but it's worth it.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    Dr. FaceDr. Face King of Pants Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Pick one class and stick out it out until 20 (The end of the trial I think). The start of WoW is very, very, very easy, and is purely designed to get you familiar with all the side things. It won't be until level 10 that anything challenging comes along at all, and only at 20 will you start to see the first signs of what WoW becomes later (your first instancing, have to cooperate etcet).

I would advice starting as a blood elf or draenei, because their zones were created much later, and are far more varied, and the quest rewards are better. I would second the "pick 2 gathering professions". for now. Don't get to involved in theorycraft, optimal builds, geardrops just yet.

How do you get to the new zones at level 5? I just reactivated and have some alts I'd like to do this with but don't know almost anything about the expac yet.

Dr. Face on
    jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Dr. Face wrote: »
    Pick one class and stick out it out until 20 (The end of the trial I think). The start of WoW is very, very, very easy, and is purely designed to get you familiar with all the side things. It won't be until level 10 that anything challenging comes along at all, and only at 20 will you start to see the first signs of what WoW becomes later (your first instancing, have to cooperate etcet).

I would advice starting as a blood elf or draenei, because their zones were created much later, and are far more varied, and the quest rewards are better. I would second the "pick 2 gathering professions". for now. Don't get to involved in theorycraft, optimal builds, geardrops just yet.

How do you get to the new zones at level 5? I just reactivated and have some alts I'd like to do this with but don't know almost anything about the expac yet.

You cannot access the new zones unless you have the expansion. If you have the expansion, just make a new Blood Elf or Dranei character. It is way too much hassle running around to travel to these zones from the starting area.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    Dr. FaceDr. Face King of Pants Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    SA wrote: »

You cannot access the new zones unless you have the expansion. If you have the expansion, just make a new Blood Elf or Dranei character. It is way too much hassle running around to travel to these zones from the starting area.

I think I quoted the wrong person, I thought I read someone saying to get to level 5 and then go to the new zones. But if its too much hassle then no big deal.

Dr. Face on
    jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think I quoted the wrong person, I thought I read someone saying to get to level 5 and then go to the new zones. But if its too much hassle then no big deal.
    It's easy for Undead, Orcs, Trolls and Night Elves to get to the newer 1-20 zones.

For Undead: Level to 5 in their starting zone, run to the Undercity, on the right before you enter the city (though still within it's grounds) you can go up a small flight of stairs and teleport to Silvermoon City in Eversong Woods (the belf 1-10 zone); head east out of the city and into the destroyed half of the city to start your questing there.

For Orcs/Trolls: Level 1-5 in Durotar then head to Orgrimmar, take the zepellin outside the city to the Undercity and follow the directions above.

For Night Elves: Level 1-5 on Teldrassil then head into Darnassus, take the teleporter there and fly to Auberdine, from there head straight up the docks and you can take the boat to Azuremyst Isle, the Draenei 1-10 zone. Though, unlike the Blood Elf zones, not every quest on the 1-20 Dreanei islands are available to non-Draenei. :(

815165 on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    815165 wrote: »
    It's easy for Undead, Orcs, Trolls and Night Elves to get to the newer 1-20 zones.

For Undead: Level to 5 in their starting zone, run to the Undercity, on the right before you enter the city (though still within it's grounds) you can go up a small flight of stairs and teleport to Silvermoon City in Eversong Woods (the belf 1-10 zone); head east out of the city and into the destroyed half of the city to start your questing there.

For Orcs/Trolls: Level 1-5 in Durotar then head to Orgrimmar, take the zepellin outside the city to the Undercity and follow the directions above.

For Night Elves: Level 1-5 on Teldrassil then head into Darnassus, take the teleporter there and fly to Auberdine, from there head straight up the docks and you can take the boat to Azuremyst Isle, the Draenei 1-10 zone. Though, unlike the Blood Elf zones, not every quest on the 1-20 Dreanei islands are available to non-Draenei. :(

When I rolled my Blood Elf paladin, I saw a level 11 Tauren Hunter running around Eversong.

I immediately thought, why would you even bother? In the time it takes you to run from Mulgore, up through the Barrens, through Durotar, to the zeppelin, then to Undercity and Silvermoon, you could level from 11 to like...15, totally negating any benefit.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Dhalphir wrote: »

When I rolled my Blood Elf paladin, I saw a level 11 Tauren Hunter running around Eversong.

I immediately thought, why would you even bother? In the time it takes you to run from Mulgore, up through the Barrens, through Durotar, to the zeppelin, then to Undercity and Silvermoon, you could level from 11 to like...15, totally negating any benefit.

Some people enjoy Ghostlands more than Barrens?

exis on
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Not really. I mean, you're going to The Crossroads anyways, and going to Orgrimmar is generally recommended (Especially since you can do RFC, which while it is a crappy instance, you get some nice Greens for a level 13).

However, for a new player, I would just soak up the area you start in, enjoy the lore and story, because it'll slowly (Then quickly) become much more general, and have little to do with your race.

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Take into account that the quest rewards for Ghostlands are ridiculous. The Barrens don't hold a candle to it.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Sub StandardSub Standard Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Take into account that the quest rewards for Ghostlands are ridiculous. The Barrens don't hold a candle to it.

Truth.

You can walk out of Ghostlands with a blue +7 sta cloak and several other good pieces.

Sub Standard on
    Panda1.jpg
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    And it seems like you make more money by leveling up in the two new newbie zones.

Seg on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Yeah.

Btw, I am curious.

If you were to take a walk around any of the noob zones, how many of the new players running around would be alts of someone with a level 70, or multiple level 70s, who, pretty much as soon as they need any money, simply mail off 20g or so. A piddling sum for a level 70, but enough to last a low lvl character for a long time, not to mention lots of AH-bought items.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    AftyAfty Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Quite a lot i would imagine.

I always mail bags and about 50g cash to any alt once they get to lvl 6 ish (andthen generally a mailbox too).

I hate not having bag space.

Afty on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm levelling up an alt at the moment on my 2 year old realm, and I'd say, 70-80% of the people you meet are alts.

I also note that since TBC has launched, average standard in sub60 instances has improved a lot... people have learned to behave regarding CC, are more open to nonstandard classroles, tend to focus fire more, and in general play better. I'm currently doing SM a lot, and of the maybe 8 runs so far, only one had more then 1 idiot in it (melee hunter (what can you say?) + 2h warrior tank who kept insisting him not owning a shield was what was causing him to generate no threat....he was in berserker stance all the time and ignored suggestions to switch).

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Depends on whether or not you count "buddy twinks". These are defined as new players that are being supported/mini-twinked by a friend.

Without them, I'd say around 67% to 75%. But if you count them, I'd bet the number approaches 90-95%.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So, while I accepted the first guild join request that came my way. I'm wondering, is there a PA (UK) guild around?

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    GrimReaper wrote: »
    So, while I accepted the first guild join request that came my way. I'm wondering, is there a PA (UK) guild around?

Unfortunately not, well not in the PAA anyway :'(

Tav on
  • Options
    The One Dark KnightThe One Dark Knight Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    What to do: roll a warlock and laugh at people

If you haven't made one, reroll now.

The One Dark Knight on
    [END]
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'd like to throw in some advice here, which I think might help both new players and those wanting to reroll on a server that doesn't suck for them.

www.wowrealmstatus.net

Not only is it a site where you can actually see the status of various realms (Blizzard's site often won't load because of sheer traffic), but it also has stats for every individual realm, notably the alliance-to-horde ratio.

Greymane is 25% horde to 75% alliance. Sadness, but not surprising in the least.

I can also add that I know the pain of riding around on a level 40 mount in the Outlands, due to the fact that my main is a Warlock and no one runs the fucking dungeons to get my epic mount done. Some friends finally got together to help me, so now that Scholomance is out of the way I might finally finish this off!

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My realm is 80% alliance. I guess it's good I rolled alliance.

JJ on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Whoa. According to this thing, Jubei'Thos is 68.17% Horde, 31.83% Alliance. I mean, just riding around, it seemed Horde was more populous, but by over a 2:1 margin?

So yeah, there are realms where the imbalance swings the other way. Probably even more so on the TBC-launched servers (where most new rerolls were Blood Elves).

SabreMau on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My best advice to ANYONE starting world of warcraft goes something like this:

1) Do not ever go to Thottbot, Wowhead, or anything other than the official site (NOT THE FORUMS), for information about the game. You do this, and the mystique and vastness of the game will quickly become diminished.

2) Play whatever class you fucking feel like. Most classes have multiple roles, and unless you specifically want to tank, or specifically want to heal, your class choice should be to your tastes, not to what is least common or what your friends/guild want. That is the worst goddam way to start.

3) TRY the Horde first, and if you don't like it go back to the Alliance. Alliance = easy mode.

4) Do quests, explore, get killed, and PLAY IN MODERATION. I do not know who said it, but was on this forum, the greatest single quote to describe what World of Warcraft can do to a human being:

"World of Warcraft is the only game in which one can log in and be more bored than before they started playing."

I have seen it first hand, with a personal friend. WoW can ruin lives, especially if you have an addictive personality. Don't treadmill yourself, and don't level up for the sake of "catching up" with people. The end game is the least rewarding part of World of Warcraft, don't ruin it for yourself by speeding there.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I can also add that I know the pain of riding around on a level 40 mount in the Outlands, due to the fact that my main is a Warlock and no one runs the fucking dungeons to get my epic mount done. Some friends finally got together to help me, so now that Scholomance is out of the way I might finally finish this off!

The warlocks in my guild on my server (Dath'Remar) had massive trouble getting groups to run those dungeons. Eventually, all of them but one caved and bought their mounts like everyone else. One stuck it out and after about three months of waiting, got his epic mount at level 69.

So when I got my lock up to 60, I had already been saving well, and had over 1000g, so I just went and bought a damn skeletal warhorse and was done with it.

I'll probably go back and do the quest again eventually, because dreadsteeds look cool, but I had the money, and didn't feel like waiting.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Jasconius wrote: »
    3) TRY the Horde first, and if you don't like it go back to the Alliance. Alliance = easy mode.

I'm not disputing this, but I am curious as to what way the Alliance is easy mode?

I've never played Alliance beyond a level 9 night elf Hunter and a level 12 Human priest, so....

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I actually find Horde is way easier to level.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Jasconius wrote: »

I'm not disputing this, but I am curious as to what way the Alliance is easy mode?

I've never played Alliance beyond a level 9 night elf Hunter and a level 12 Human priest, so....

I have played both horde and alliance to 40. Honestly there isn't very much difference.

Seg on
  • Options
    Invoice NinjaInvoice Ninja Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Here's a question for all you fly homies up in here...

Is there any real reason to buy the BC expansion prior to level 60?

After finally getting a computer that can handle WoW and playing for a few months now I must admit that I've gotten way hooked on it (my whopping three hours of free-time each week are totally spent in Azeroth now. Hells yeah!) So naturally, getting more WoW goodness would be great. But after looking into it, it seems that the only bonus I'd get prior to being mega-leveled would be the whole Dranei/BElf thing.

Am I right here, or is there some totally awesome perk that my two level 20'ish characters could be enjoying?

Also, this is so totally unrelated, but it's still the appropriate thread. Any general tips for warriors you find folks could bestow on me? I went with the arms tech tree and a totally bitchin' two-handed sword of +10 asskickery. Getting my Night Elf over to Stormwind to learn how to use the thing was totally worth it :lol:

Invoice Ninja on
  • Options
    Peeps ChickenPeeps Chicken Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

The biggest problem I see is you wouldn't have access to Shattrath City. Unless you play a mage (and really, even then), it's a godsend to set your hearthstone to Shattrath and use the portals to get wherever you want to go. It saves so much time.

Other problems would be trade skills. I don't think you can access a jewelcrafting trainer without the expansion, as the trainers are in places you won't have access to (Outland or the two new areas). You also wouldn't have the easy access to a high-level enchanting trainer (the previous one was stuck right in the middle of Uldaman, an instance).

Peeps Chicken on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Here's a question for all you fly homies up in here...

After finally getting a computer that can handle WoW and playing for a few months now I must admit that I've gotten way hooked on it (my whopping three hours of free-time each week are totally spent in Azeroth now. Hells yeah!) So naturally, getting more WoW goodness would be great. But after looking into it, it seems that the only bonus I'd get prior to being mega-leveled would be the whole Dranei/BElf thing.

Am I right here, or is there some totally awesome perk that my two level 20'ish characters could be enjoying?

Also, this is so totally unrelated, but it's still the appropriate thread. Any general tips for warriors you find folks could bestow on me? I went with the arms tech tree and a totally bitchin' two-handed sword of +10 asskickery. Getting my Night Elf over to Stormwind to learn how to use the thing was totally worth it :lol:

pre-60 is the wrong term. The term you want to use is pre-58.

You should go into Outland at level 58 and not look back until at least level 61-62. There's just no reason to be anywhere else until then, and 62 is about when you've pretty much replaced all of your pre-expansion gear with uber Outland quest rewards.

The main benefit to buying the expansion ahead of time is that when you do finally go "DING 58!!!" you'll be able to celebrate by immediately going to Outland, rather than having to then turn off the computer, and go out and buy Burning Crusade.

I bought BC on launch day, when my main was level 54 (and hadn't levelled in three weeks), because I knew that it would motivate me to get those last four levels. I got the levels in three days, thats how motivated I was.

Dhalphir on