As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

abusing a franchise

InebriatedMonkeyInebriatedMonkey Registered User new member
edited October 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
Do you think Microsoft will or maybe already has taken way too much advantage of the Halo franchise?
Meaning do you expect to see a ridiculously over priced Halo Monopoly or Spartan baseball hats coming out in the near future now that the trilogy is over?

They were smart enough to put the brakes on the halo video games after the third game, will their moral fortitude (or lack there of) hold, especially with the “possibility” of a movie coming out (of which they have exclusive merchandising rights)?

I don’t know… I hope they don’t over commercialize one of my favorite games, I mean it was bad enough all that random advertising they did (that diorama made my head hurt after beating halo 3)… anyways, for now I’m just going to go back to eating my Jackal-o’s and not worry about it.

jackalos.jpg

~Monkey

InebriatedMonkey on

• Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited October 2007
    H-scroll rape

Edit: also wrong forum

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    gotta say... that wasn't worth scrolling over for.

D-

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    SamSam Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    they're not putting the breaks on halo. i wouldnt be surprised to see another sequel this gen.

Sam on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    not necessarily wrong forum, if we change this to general rape of franchise talk... which might be worthwhile.

but it's not up to me.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2007
    Yes, it would be terrible if Halo was some sort of commercial venture, made to get Microsoft some sweet moneys.

20000515h.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.