Options

Profoundly Bad Luck, UPDATE Apr.10.08

1161718192022»

• Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Everyone bask in what is likely to be the only time you ever see me endorsing hugs.

naporeon on
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Many hugs, nap

I feel really sorry for you and your friends

Odin on
  • Options
    CriticalCritical Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Sonny wrote: »
    at least it can't get any worse??

It will now

You're so stupid you should be watered and placed in direct sunlight.

I'm giving you mental hugs, Nap. Feel them with your mind.

Critical on
    edesig.jpg
  • Options
    DardraxDardrax Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    e-hug to you nap.

Your story made me die a little inside.

Go fuck yourself Sonny.

Dardrax on
  • Options
    eryu90eryu90 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Sorry to hear about your friend's family Nap. Many hugs to you and your friend.

eryu90 on
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ugh.

Death fight dirty sometimes. This is really lame.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    BbajBbaj Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Damn why did I read this thread? Now I'm super sad. :(
    You and your friend have my deepest condolences.

Bbaj on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    bad times nap

hugs to all involved

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I am so sorry Nap...

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh man, so sorry.

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    That sucks, dude, keep your head up.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    While the loss of Kaylee is tragic, reading about this did cause me to tear up a bit.

Nap, how are things looking for Kim?

Seg on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I just went and hugged my stepson.

Weaver on
  • Options
    KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    this is so bad

i really hope kaylee can find a match soon

Killjoy on
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Killjoy wrote: »
    this is so bad

uh
    naporeon wrote: »
    Despite the long-odds transplant match, and the kind of bravery, pluck, and mettle that I could never hope to achieve, little Kaylee lost her fight with leukemia last night.

I'm really torn up right now, totally full of bromides and such, but man, if you have kids in your life, give them a damned hug. Hell, hug anyone you love.

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2008
    Killjoy wrote: »
    this is so bad

uh
    naporeon wrote: »
    Despite the long-odds transplant match, and the kind of bravery, pluck, and mettle that I could never hope to achieve, little Kaylee lost her fight with leukemia last night.

I'm really torn up right now, totally full of bromides and such, but man, if you have kids in your life, give them a damned hug. Hell, hug anyone you love.

oh god i only watched the news report

shit i am sosorry for them. fuck fuck

Killjoy on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Shit, nap, that's terrible. My condolences man.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Nap, I am so sorry, man.

I don't know. It sucks. All my thoughts are with you, hope you and everyone involved pull through alright.

Raneados on
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    condolences as well, terribly sorry to hear about the loss.

redfenix on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2008
    Nap, I'll be giving you some ultra powerful hugs at PAX you can pass on to them.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Oh christ Nap, that sucks. Really sorry to hear it. :(

Moriveth on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    my sympathies, nap

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Man, reading back through these responses (as well as the PMs I've gotten), I'm so comforted and impressed. I haven't been posting much lately, mainly since I've had an extremely pessimistic view of some of the stupid BS that's gone on around here in the last couple months, but everyone has been so unconditionally supportive and kind in this thread that, well, I'm touched.

And not in the SE++ sense of the word. Genuinely touched.

Thanks, guys.

t Larlar: I'd accept those hugs, except I won't be at PAX this year. They scheduled it for the same weekend as Bumbershoot. I might be around for some extremely after-hours stuff, but in the main, I'll be at Bumbershoot. :(

naporeon on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    naporeon you wanna play catch sometime or something.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    hey nap, we're still doing katePAX in two weeks, right

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    dear nap

i can't imagine i'm going to give a shit about the pax conference, just the partying

possible hangouts during the days of/surrounding pax?

i need to hug you

so hard

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Man, my deepest condolences to your friend, his family and you. I have a friend in my life who is to me as you describe Chad is to you, and we both have daughters around the same age. I could not begin to imagine what this must feel like for anyone involved, and I hope I never do.

You don't know me, and I don't know you, but some e-hugs to you just the same, from one human being to another.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Nap I am going to hug you sometime and you're going to like it okay.
    My sympathies go out to you and everyone. This is pretty much the worst thing that could happen to anyone.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    t Meiss - Of course. I'd be a terrible internet Dad if I didn't, right? Also, we can't deny people the opportunity to see what is likely to be the most awkward hug of all time.

t WaM - Of course. Ukulele hoedown time. I'll PM or Facebook soon, to shore up the details.

t Tonkman - Absolutely. You are in my internet Top 10...I am down to hangout whenever you're in town, man, PAX or not. Or, conversely, whenever I am in Vancouver.

t Halfmex (and everyone, really) - Whether we know each other is irrelevant; we don't need to know one another for this to be a tragedy, or for there to be sympathies. Basically what I'm saying is don't discount your sentiment, it means a lot to me.

t Trill - I can't promise to like it. What I can promise is to grudgingly submit to it.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    top 10 eh?

i can beat that..

i can get in the 5, i know it.

p.s. i remembered our conversation about pandora last night, and found a proxy based in the us

so much <3 for getting me my radio back

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    top 10 eh?

i can beat that..

i can get in the 5, i know it.
    Who said that you aren't already?

: WINKYFACE :

p.s. i remembered our conversation about pandora last night, and found a proxy based in the us

so much <3 for getting me my radio back
    Hahaha. No problem, although I did it for an entirely selfish reason: I like subscribing to my friends' stations.

At any rate, I've already bookmarked your old username. If you want to reciprocate, I'm at http://www.pandora.com/people/eag.mule.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    i do

my hip hop station let me down last night, i feel like maybe since ihaven't tended to it in over a year, some weeds have grown.

edit: also, i need to call you to ask questions about booting linux from a usb stick

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    we wuv u nap

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    also, i need to call you to ask questions about booting linux from a usb stick
    I assume we're talking about a persistent -- rather than standard -- USB install? Either way, I'd recommend using PCLinuxOS, unless you are absolutely married to the X/K/Ubuntu family.

The first thing you need to establish is whether the computer supports booting from USB. Not all of them do. Just check the BIOS next time you boot.

Feel free to call me anytime after about 4pm, Tonkman. You've got my cell number, right? If not, it's on my Facebook page. I'll be out, but since I'll be at a massive party and console LAN at an aeronautical engineering firm in SeaTac, a call about Linux would fit right in with the theme.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    um.... persistent.

right.. i'll get back to you on that once i figure out what the fuck it is that you're talking about.

i've already booted damn small linux from my 2gb usb, but it's not perfect. I'm also wondering about drivers/savingfiles, and how i can get my laptops wireless to work.

no wireless is killing my linux right now

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    um.... persistent.

right.. i'll get back to you on that once i figure out what the fuck it is that you're talking about.

i've already booted damn small linux from my 2gb usb, but it's not perfect. I'm also wondering about drivers/savingfiles, and how i can get my laptops wireless to work.

no wireless is killing my linux right now
    "Persistent" just means that changes you make to the installation are permanent; the settings you alter, files you save, etcetera don't disappear when you reboot. This is way cooler, of course, but it's not the default for USB installs, which are really just a read-only sibling of physical boot CDs/DVDs.

WiFi is going to be problem for many Linux machines. I would suggest installing an app called "WiFi Radar", even if it means doing it "the old-fashioned way" (ie. from a tarball on CD). But honestly, if you use one of the PCLinuxOS persistent USB distros, your WiFi problem could go away entirely.

naporeon on