As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Miniature Head and a Merman

nakirushnakirush Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Artist's Corner
I decided to give sculpting a try and this is what I came up with. I've never sculpted before and just kind of figured stuff out on my own. I'm using Super Sculpey clay with a large assortment of tools. The merman is painted with acrylics.

minimersizezl4.jpg

minimerfrontjj4.jpg

minimerbackrj3.jpg

That was done two days ago. Today I tried something a little more detailed and came up with this.

headmercomparesu7.jpg

head1rk7.jpg

head2lz9.jpg

head3wb7.jpg

I'd love to hear your comments, critiques, and (above all) suggestions on what I can do to improve my sculpting. Thanks in advance!

nakirush on

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It doesn't seem like you were using a reference for the merman....and the head looks like it could need it, too. Honestly, doing something this small has its limitations, so I would suggest working larger if you're really considering trying to improve your sculpting abilities.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    nakirushnakirush Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Thanks, NightDragon! [lame excuse] I really had no idea where to start, so I picked miniatures so I wouldn't run out of clay. [/lame excuse]

Thanks again for the crits!

nakirush on