As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A sad and sober [Chat]

• Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    normally you do it while standing in a hotel lobby or similar, and they'll come up and ask if you were looking for someone

in NJ, there's been a growing trend of having internet lounges adjacent to or in the lobby, so this sort of on-site hookup has become possible

EDIT: Also, fried zucchini really is amazing, as is grilled zucchini. It's just a really amazing vegetable that's done nothing but grow on me.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, I think I'm totally going home now.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    normally you do it while standing in a hotel lobby or similar, and they'll come up and ask if you were looking for someone

in NJ, there's been a growing trend of having internet lounges adjacent to or in the lobby, so this sort of on-site hookup has become possible

EDIT: Also, fried zucchini really is amazing, as is grilled zucchini. It's just a really amazing vegetable that's done nothing but grow on me.
    What finger should I suck to attract pretty women?

Aldo on
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I love how any amount of moral ambiguity confuses the ever-loving shit out of "good and evil" video games. Like, in KotoR II, I'm being a good Jedi and everything, but...
    I'm going by the "Powell mentality". That is, "I'm a good person, so everyone that fucks with me is a bad person." The result is that I'm killing off all the Jedi Masters that exiled me from the Jedi Order, as they are obviously corrupt bastards. The game has no idea what's happening.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    ten consecutive typing tests put my 100% error-free average speed at 128WPM and my peak at 139WPM

I want to just wear a golden keyboard around my neck and walk into office buildings shouting BRING ME YOUR CARBON DOCUMENTS, YOUR TIRED SPREADSHEETS YEARNING TO BE DIGITAL

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Preacher wrote: »
    Pretty simple to make (you don't even need a deep fryer just a pan with some vegtable oil in it) take two eggs and some flour mix them together put the sliced zuch (thinner slices cook faster but bigger slices are oh so nice) in the batter then put them into the frying pan or fryer, cook till golden brown (flipping sides if they are in a pan). Then place them on a paper towel to dry the oil out voila.

If the pan is deep enough you could just put in some more oil and have them be covered completely so as to not need to flip 'em as often.

moniker on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    _J_ wrote: »
    Oboro confuses the fuck out of me.
    It's not really that confusing, I'm half jeleous.

I can touch type, but I'm not really all that fast, particularly when copying something. It's a hell of a lot faster than I can write, and it takes a whole lot less effort, but it nothing really special considering how much time I spend in front of a computer.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Church wrote: »
    I love how any amount of moral ambiguity confuses the ever-loving shit out of "good and evil" video games. Like, in KotoR II, I'm being a good Jedi and everything, but...
    I'm going by the "Powell mentality". That is, "I'm a good person, so everyone that fucks with me is a bad person." The result is that I'm killing off all the Jedi Masters that exiled me from the Jedi Order, as they are obviously corrupt bastards. The game has no idea what's happening.
    KotOR2 isn't really a finished game, so it doesn't allow for such creative thinking. :P

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    KotOR2 isn't really a finished game, so it doesn't allow for such creative thinking. :P

Yeah. The bad thing is that it's not creative so much as it is my default response to the given situation.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    ten consecutive typing tests put my 100% error-free average speed at 128WPM and my peak at 139WPM

I want to just wear a golden keyboard around my neck and walk into office buildings shouting BRING ME YOUR CARBON DOCUMENTS, YOUR TIRED SPREADSHEETS YEARNING TO BE DIGITAL

Goddamn! I'm like half that speed, and I thought it was pretty good.

moniker on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    how fortuitous... regarding bratwurst:i found 2 unopened cans of budweiser in my friends room that he didnt know how they got there. so now i dont have to buy any beer to make the bratwurst.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Aldo wrote: »

Yeah. The bad thing is that it's not creative so much as it is my default response to the given situation.

Can't say I wouldn't do the same under the right circumstances. :?

Aldo on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    redx wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Oboro confuses the fuck out of me.
    It's not really that confusing, I'm half jeleous.

Oh, I'm jealous too, but it's confusing in that Mrs. Garrison being a lesbian sort of way.

Also, I have Rice a Roni now, which is something I can swallow.

Woot.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    My parents bought me Mavis Beacon when it first hit the market. I was learning proper typing before my school even owned computers.

It really, really, really puts a lot of strain on my fingers to go that fast though and I can't sustain it for more than 30 minutes or so. I can keep 100, 110 up indefinitely though.

To become me, 1) play Tetrifast competitively and work your speed up to 100+ pieces per minute, 2) bring your laptop to Barnes & Noble, take the Dungeons & Dragons books off of the rack and transcribe them word-for-word, formatting-for-formatting so that you have editable .doc copies, and 3) spend all of your developmental years roleplaying on Ultima Online in real-time and becoming socially retarded wait what

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Uhh yeah you do shaz, bud isn't a beer, less a cooking beer you god damned heathen.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    my grandmother taught me an amazing recipe for slow-boiling racks of ribs and saurkraut in a bourbon-based broth

it is probably the greatest thing in the universe and your bratwurst pales in comparison

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    moniker wrote: »
    Pretty simple to make (you don't even need a deep fryer just a pan with some vegtable oil in it) take two eggs and some flour mix them together put the sliced zuch (thinner slices cook faster but bigger slices are oh so nice) in the batter then put them into the frying pan or fryer, cook till golden brown (flipping sides if they are in a pan). Then place them on a paper towel to dry the oil out voila.

If the pan is deep enough you could just put in some more oil and have them be covered completely so as to not need to flip 'em as often.

I would only shy away from doing this because of the popping of the heated oil and more in the pan means more to drain out for clean up. I am glad I don't have to worry about it as I have a little fry daddy. And a gas grill for the brats.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    my grandmother taught me an amazing recipe for slow-boiling racks of ribs and saurkraut in a bourbon-based broth

it is probably the greatest thing in the universe and your bratwurst pales in comparison

Reminds me of Perugis (phonetically spelled I have no idea how to spell it in russian) not that its a rib recipe, but you take some spicey sausage and wrap it in cabbage leaf and slow cook that in sauer kraut for like 5 hours (there is more to the recipe I am sure but it's been forever since my pa did them and long before I took interest in cooking). Damn those were tastey.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    That's pigs in a blanket. Perogi's are a type of pasta or dumpling or something. Best thing to come out of Poland.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I don't know the Polski name for that either, but we do it... usually not with sausage though. Normally it's porkballs rolled with rice (porcupine balls!), and we don't always cook them with the sauerkraut-- sometimes we just use a sweet broth with (again) liquor and ketchup.

EDIT: actual pirogies are pretty good but I've yet to find a satisfactory frozen brand. My uncle taught me to make lobster pirogies which are probably the most expensive Polish fusion dish I've ever encountered but also one of the best, I liked them better than lobster ravioli

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Well then that was what my father called perugis, we are french canadian by ancestry so yeah I guess we call shit weird. And I thought pigs in a blanket were hot dogs in rolls cooked in an oven?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I don't know the Polski name for that either, but we do it... usually not with sausage though. Normally it's porkballs rolled with rice (porcupine balls!), and we don't always cook them with the sauerkraut-- sometimes we just use a sweet broth with (again) liquor and ketchup.

I might have got the meat wrong, I remember sausage (italian sausage kind like hamburger not sausage as in hot dog) being mixed with stuff and then put in the cabbage leaf with toothpicks to keep them together.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    we called the cabbage holubki, but I think the Polish word (like most Czech to Polish transliterations) would be holopki

EDIT: Italian sausage meat is usually pork and beef together, and that would be a pretty accurate way of identifying it so yeah it sounds like the same recipe. :0

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    That's pigs in a blanket. Perogi's are a type of pasta or dumpling or something. Best thing to come out of Poland.

...Must... Resist... Polonia joke.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    When I attended high school typing at 90 words a minute, 3 years of gym along with the math,english, and science were required to graduate

Besides being forced to learn to type on real typewritters from the 60's or earlier the teacher had a skill of 300+ a minute it was all but impossible to get an A in that class

Brainleech on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    three legged kittens jumping? best ever.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Okay. So whenever I boot up Half-Life 2, my computer reboots(crashes?) itself. Yay!

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    And I thought pigs in a blanket were hot dogs in rolls cooked in an oven?

...wouldn't that just be hotdogs?

moniker on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    No they're little hot dogs actually cooked into dough.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    And I thought pigs in a blanket were hot dogs in rolls cooked in an oven?

...wouldn't that just be hotdogs?
    Pigs in a blanket is often used to refer to the hors d'oeuvre some folks call "cocktail weenies," or to atypical preparations of hot dogs like croissant dogs.

EDIT: Wikipedia says that it is also a name for holubki, which is interesting to say the least haha. I learned something new! \o/

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    You mean vienna sausages cooked inside of pillsbury dinner rolls?

Yeah, we call those smokies, and they're more addictive than crack.

Sami on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Okay. So whenever I boot up Half-Life 2, my computer reboots(crashes?) itself. Yay!
    On a serious note, I need advice on this problem.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Sami wrote: »

Sami knows what's up.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    Manning'sEquationManning'sEquation Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    quick which has more liquor in it? sangria or margarita?

Manning'sEquation on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    On a serious note, I need advice on this problem.
    Is the reboot accompanied by any system beeps? If this is happening at boot-up, there's a good chance it's a bad memory issue. Do you have the most recent drivers? Do other 3D games and applications work fine?

Disable hardware acceleration if it's enabled, enable hardware acceleration if it's disabled, see if it does anything.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited October 2007

A handle.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

Absinthe. Go with that.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Poland has the best food. All of it is actively trying to murder you as you eat it.

"Let's butter up that bacon-tato, add a few spoonfuls of sour cream, deep fry it... and now we wrap in in shortbread."

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    stilist wrote: »
    Sami wrote: »

Sami knows what's up.

Whenever we have a big family get together we make upwards of 200 of those delicious little fuckers and ~70 always manage to disappear* before they're actually rationed out.

Yes. Rationed out. My family is batshit for smokies.

*into my stomach, pockets, pillowcases, etc.

Sami on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Why does the right side of my bottom lip twitch every day?

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
This discussion has been closed.