As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A [PHALLA] of Ice and Fire - Littlefinger is King

• Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    So wait, did we win yet?

Squashua on
  • Options
    Crono729Crono729 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Go stark! Woooo! I was going to duel someone night two, but well I died.

Crono729 on
  • Options
    SkulkSkulk Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I hope everyone dies.

Skulk on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    So wait, did we win yet?

I'm pretty certain "we" can't win now. I hope the game ended in the manner I was working towards for the past day or two.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Squashua wrote: »
    So wait, did we win yet?

I'm pretty certain "we" can't win now. I hope the game ended in the manner I was working towards for the past day or two.

I really enjoyed working with you the first couple days. It's a damned shame you turned out to be a Lannister.

I was so helpful to so many people and the only deal I broke was in assigning my kills the last night. Even then I kept it as far as I was able to....(Sorry Osvik, I didn't have a personal kill last night!)

I realized that later on that claiming to be completely neutral was completely plausible and consistent with my actions so far. It was grand.

I never worked with the Starks or the Targaryens simply because I never knew who they were. (Well, until much too late.)

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2007
    The Brotherhood can still win! HORRAY.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Yea I helped TS out by changing my vote, but if it was close or no one else made a vote I was going to switch back, but then DA and someone else had to go vote for zzulu aswell. :(

I felt like I did nothing this game.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Who killed me?

why me

Qorzm on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    You were RNG'd.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'd also like to know how I was killed. Is this over by the way? I didn't even have a chance to do anything D:

M.D. on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Er... you were RNG'd. :P Almost everyone we killed was.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I'd also like to know how I was killed. Is this over by the way? I didn't even have a chance to do anything D:
    The game has been decided but we don't know the results yet. Plut said they'll be around tonight.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Osvik wrote: »
    Plutonium wrote: »
    Jdarksun had one of the best reveals of the game, and he formed up the only secure network.

Except the Baratheons got constantly screwed.

He revealed day one so I seered him, by day two we had about five people in the network.

Like the man said, the first few rounds we got screwed

Seriously, I STILL want to know why Frosteey chose to duel me. The only thing that accompblished was kill both of us.

Well, the short answer is that my role was weak as hell, so I decided to have fun with it, and push the action. At the very least, I wasn't going to just stick around hoping for the right circumstances for me to have any chance whatsoever of being useful.

The long answer is everything I said in the thread. The specifics...actually fell through a tiny bit, but I still think it would've worked out in the end.

And it should have only gotten you killed. Stop trying to make it out like the duel was a draw or something. I won! I woooooon! And my team was decimated at a rate which comes in second only to your own. Double whammy.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    Crono729Crono729 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So, Howland Reed, since you've finally made an appearance in the series, is R+L=J true? Just tell us already!

Crono729 on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Osvik wrote: »
    Plutonium wrote: »
    Jdarksun had one of the best reveals of the game, and he formed up the only secure network.

Except the Baratheons got constantly screwed.

He revealed day one so I seered him, by day two we had about five people in the network.

Like the man said, the first few rounds we got screwed

Seriously, I STILL want to know why Frosteey chose to duel me. The only thing that accompblished was kill both of us.

Well, the short answer is that my role was weak as hell, so I decided to have fun with it, and push the action. At the very least, I wasn't going to just stick around hoping for the right circumstances for me to have any chance whatsoever of being useful.

The long answer is everything I said in the thread. The specifics...actually fell through a tiny bit, but I still think it would've worked out in the end.

And it should have only gotten you killed. Stop trying to make it out like the duel was a draw or something. I won! I woooooon! And my team was decimated at a rate which comes in second only to your own. Double whammy.

You may have won the duel proper, but by challenging me, you drew attention to yourself and ate the red vote. I was to have a duel that night, but chose at first to abstain as to not draw ADDITIONAL attention to myself. When I saw I was about to lose the duel, I changed it to challenge McKid on the off chance that you'd be vigged before our duel resolved, thus saving my hide, but I wasn't counting on that happening.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    cj, please tell me you were able to ressurect paku at will. its only right.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Nope.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    it sort of bummed me out when i got the role pm and that was nowhere to be found

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Damn, I figured the CJ was actually Berric and it was why he was willing to come out.

A shame.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    You may have won the duel proper, but by challenging me, you drew attention to yourself and ate the red vote. I was to have a duel that night, but chose at first to abstain as to not draw ADDITIONAL attention to myself. When I saw I was about to lose the duel, I changed it to challenge McKid on the off chance that you'd be vigged before our duel resolved, thus saving my hide, but I wasn't counting on that happening.

And that would have blown over, if only I hadn't left the computer for those crucial fifteen minutes...
    So, Howland Reed, since you've finally made an appearance in the series, is R+L=J true? Just tell us already!

I have no idea what any of this means. I haven't read the books. That's yet another reason I was willing to take risks. I had no clue what the hell was going on. I was really pretty worthless this game.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    that would have been hilariously awesome. like cheez in phallost.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    that would have been hilariously awesome. like cheez in phallost.

You guys kept rezzing the wrong Evil.

Cheez was more powerful when dead. He got extra votes that way.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    hey, i wasnt evil i dont care

Unknown User on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    God, TehSpectre is such a bastard. And he carefully chose his words when he parted our ways so that while he promised not to sell me out to his team, and to argue for me and defend me in the thread, he never promised not to shank me.

I'm going to kill him so dead. So dead

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My irrational hatred for the Lannisters has spilled over from the books to this game. By the end I didn't care if the Starks won, I just didn't want those blond bastards to win.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Locus wrote: »
    My irrational hatred for the Lannisters has spilled over from the books to this game. By the end I didn't care if the Starks won, I just didn't want those blond bastards to win.
    I sincerely doubt you're the only one.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Locus wrote: »
    I sincerely doubt you're the only one.
    They all just make me so angry.

Except for Tyrion.

And Jaime.

Everyone else can die.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    The Brotherhood can't be that bad, can they?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    The Brotherhood can't be that bad, can they?
    They weren't until annoying stupid bitch got a hold of them.

God I hated her later chapters with a passion. She'd be the biggest bitch of them all if Cersei wasn't even more annoying.

t Locus: Don't forget the Tommen and his sister. They somehow seemed to be not assholes. Not sure how they slipped by Tywin.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    God, TehSpectre is such a bastard. And he carefully chose his words when he parted our ways so that while he promised not to sell me out to his team, and to argue for me and defend me in the thread, he never promised not to shank me.

I'm going to kill him so dead. So dead
    I'm one cheeky bastard, right wot. Pip, pip.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Wow I haven't read the books but I guess you guys really hate Lannisters huh.

Makes me wish I hadn't done what I did last night.

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    For anyone wondering why I didn't switch my votes, to executing mrpaku and voting zot (which tactically is better), there are three reasons:

1) Either way I voted, the most likely outcome is a win by me.

2) If somehow Zot manages to kill me, and I had voted the way detailed above, the game would have resulted in a draw. With the way I did vote, if I do get killed somehow, we have a clear winner. I did this because draws suck.

3) The methods of death I chose for each player better fit with the mini-narration I posted and so was a better choice from a RP standpoint.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    yes, i was wondering that

jerk

mrpaku on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I was pretty fucking useless this game, dying right away and all that. :(

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    mrpaku wrote: »

jerk

Well, I could have put both on Zot, but if I had, and Zot couldn't kill me, it would have just delayed the game another day, which would have been almost as lame as a draw. Since it doesn't matter to me who wins if I am dead, voting you and executing him ensures the game ends tonight, regardless of what happens.

Edit: In other words, here's the breakdown:

!zot !mrpaku = either I win tonight or Zot wins tonight

!mrpaku !zot = either I win tonight or we draw tonight

!zot !zot = either I win tomorrow or mrpaku wins tonight

!mrpaku !mrpaku = either I win tomorrow or zot wins tonight

I didn't want to wait until tomorrow to win, and I wanted to avoid a draw.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    One of the problems with some of the theme games is when the background mixes into the mechanics.

For example, with this one, I don't know anything about Earth Wind Water and Heart, so when I got called on "who I was" by the seer, that actually became a mechanic (whether or not it was intended). Not knowing the theme and who might have been available, I essentially had no way to bullshit out of what the seer said.

That enables the seers and any reveals to be much more powerful than they normally would be.

It's another of the reasons I didn't do named characters from the show in the Phalla I ran - it would have been much too easy to discredit someone.

Of course, the same sort of intimate knowledge worked in my favor when I bullshitted up as a "Registered Mutant" in Phallanoia.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    it's cool man, i don't take it personally

the important thing is lannister didn't win

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    delroland wrote: »

jerk

Well, I could have put both on Zot, but if I had, and Zot couldn't kill me, it would have just delayed the game another day, which would have been almost as lame as a draw. Since it doesn't matter to me who wins if I am dead, voting you and executing him ensures the game ends tonight, regardless of what happens.
    If I had survived, the amount of sheer awesomeness I exuded would have rendered me the victor.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    yeah, but you died

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    yeah, but you died