As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Microsoft Word Help

WuckFarcraftWuckFarcraft Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey all,

For the last two years on my Microsoft Word 2004, whenever I open a new document it instead comes up with a 2 year old 5 page paper I wrote. It happens whenever I start it up or select new document. I haven't been able to figure out how to make this setting default again, in regards to a blank page just showing up. Any ideas?

WuckFarcraft on

• Options
    DrFrylockDrFrylock Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    You probably overwrote your normal.dot template with a file containing your two year old paper. Quit word, rename your Normal.dot and Word will probably recreate a blank one for you automatically next time you start it up.

DrFrylock on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    DrFrylock wrote: »
    You probably overwrote your normal.dot template with a file containing your two year old paper. Quit word, rename your Normal.dot and Word will probably recreate a blank one for you automatically next time you start it up.

Where would this file be? I have searched my computer but have yet to find that document.

WuckFarcraft on
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Is this on a Mac?

If it's Windows XP , it should be documents & settings\username\application data\microsoft\templates
    Or Vista --> C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

Edit: A quick Google search has netted this page which covers locations for the Mac version.

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Awesome, that mac link did the trick.

Thanks a lot!

WuckFarcraft on